Mason County/Augusta predictions

Mason County vs. Augusta (at Bracken County)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Mason County vs. Augusta (at Bracken County)

Augusta HAS to slow this game down, they can't run with Mason County like they tried at The Fieldhouse. Make anyone not named Shawn Johnson beat you and try to get him in early foul trouble. Try some gimmick zones,maybe a 1-2-2 with Bach and Snapp at the back of the zone for Brent's leaping ability to get rebounds and get SJ in foul trouble and get the ball in his hands quickly. Mason County does not play well in Brooksville. Augusta has to hope this continues and hit shots,rebound and let Crawford run the half court(remember he didn't play earlier this year)

Guest Crop_Drop

I believe coach Hinson will have a great gameplan in this one, and if Augusta can recreate some of the magic from this time last year they will have a chance. This should be a better game than the match up at the fieldhouse earlier this season.

I believe coach Hinson will have a great gameplan in this one, and if Augusta can recreate some of the magic from this time last year they will have a chance. This should be a better game than the match up at the fieldhouse earlier this season.

Agree.

Win or lose, when the Mason Co. coaches are in the Panthers Den on a late February night........

Augusta HAS to slow this game down, they can't run with Mason County like they tried at The Fieldhouse. Make anyone not named Shawn Johnson beat you and try to get him in early foul trouble. Try some gimmick zones,maybe a 1-2-2 with Bach and Snapp at the back of the zone for Brent's leaping ability to get rebounds and get SJ in foul trouble and get the ball in his hands quickly. Mason County does not play well in Brooksville. Augusta has to hope this continues and hit shots,rebound and let Crawford run the half court(remember he didn't play earlier this year)

Augusta leads the region in points scored. Also leads the region in points given up. Seems like it is thier style game to run and gun? If Mason has the size advantage wouldn't it behoove them slow the game down and pound inside? As fast and deep as Mason is, they do have the the option of either game plan. Tough matchup for Augusta this year. Augusta has played a tough schedule but has not pulled out that big win. Mason will be wanting revenge. Mason by 18.

If I'm Augusta, I don't take Bach out for a second unless he's absolutely begging. He has the greenest of green lights and we live or die with him. If one of the other kids even looks at him the wrong way after a shot, I might ask for their jersey right then and there. If they want to win and move on, Bach has to go for at least 35. No other way.

In the Republic Bank Classic, there were times that Bach looked insanely good. I still remember I remarked that he played like "a force of nature". He'll need to play like he did the first 6-7 minutes of the Lafayette game, but he'll have to do it for 32.

Snapp getting boards and playing as big as he can, Bach doing his best Superman impersonation, some other kids who know they can taking and knocking down 3's when they are dared to so they can't focus everything on Bach. That's it and that's all if Augusta wants to win.

If I'm Augusta, I don't take Bach out for a second unless he's absolutely begging. He has the greenest of green lights and we live or die with him. If one of the other kids even looks at him the wrong way after a shot, I might ask for their jersey right then and there. If they want to win and move on, Bach has to go for at least 35. No other way.

In the Republic Bank Classic, there were times that Bach looked insanely good. I still remember I remarked that he played like "a force of nature". He'll need to play like he did the first 6-7 minutes of the Lafayette game, but he'll have to do it for 32.

Snapp getting boards and playing as big as he can, Bach doing his best Superman impersonation, some other kids who know they can taking and knocking down 3's when they are dared to so they can't focus everything on Bach. That's it and that's all if Augusta wants to win.

Joker, not sure how often you have seen Augusta play, but that is pretty much what they do. Bach has the green light and his supporting cast can fire away as well. Bach averages 31 PPG and probably 31 minutes per game, so 35 is not asking for anything out of the ordinary. The kid can fill it up!

Joker, not sure how often you have seen Augusta play, but that is pretty much what they do. Bach has the green light and his supporting cast can fire away as well. Bach averages 31 PPG and probably 31 minutes per game, so 35 is not asking for anything out of the ordinary. The kid can fill it up!

Only saw them against my 11th Region crush, Lafayette.

If I were an Augusta coach and a kid dared look at Bach over a questionable shot, there'd be laps.

Have only seen them once, but will still stick to my prediction above. That's all I need to see Augusta to know what they need to do to top Mason.

Given that you've said Bach averages 31, I'm gonna say he needs 40 to beat Mason unless Snapp (who didn't have his best game when I saw them) really steps up.

Augusta won the game last year by shooting the ball really well. They hit 10 3's in last year's game on 21 or 22 attempts. Conversely, Mason County was 4-20 from beyond the arc. Augusta also hit 18-20 free throws in that game. Mason did its damage on the glass, but Augusta overcame it by shooting so well.

In the game this year Mason County shot 53% for the game & 64% in the 2nd half. Royals got 56 of 86 points in that game from their front court players. They also hit 7 3's to Augusta's 5.

So the way I look at it, Augusta has to shoot the ball well from the perimeter & from the charity stripe because they get there a lot--especially Bach.

Mason County has to pound it inside, and then continue to pound it inside. And when they're done pounding it inside, pound it inside some more.