[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]19[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left] [/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]74[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=bgcolor: #FFFFFF]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]Williamstown (10-18) -- Stanley 7, D.Jump 50, Sarciome 4, Jordan 11, J.Jump.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=bgcolor: #FFFFFF]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]Owen Co. (15-8) -- T.Trenary 2, Ball 18, Toftness 3, H.Trenary 5, Lykins 13, Williams 30, Tackett 3.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Wonder what the high score of the year in Ky is this year.

Some more details on this one...

By John Lachmann

Kypostsports@yahoo.com

Twitter: @rednblackhawks

OWEN COUNTY 74, WILLIAMSTOWN 72 – Sophomore forward Carson Williams hit a pair of free throws in the final six seconds to win the game for the Rebels.

Williams hit a foul shot and missed the second, but he grabbed his own rebound and was fouled again. Williams made the first one and could not convert the second, but Owen County junior guard Brady Young intercepted a full-court pass to seal it.

Williams rolled up 30 points but fell 20 short of a game high.

Demons senior guard David Jump scored 50 points, hitting 12 treys.

WILLIAMSTOWN 15-19-17-21—72

at OWEN COUNTY 13-18-24-19—74

WILLIAMSTOWN (10-18): Stanley 2 2 7, D. Jump 17 4 50, Sarcione 2 0 4, Jordan 4 3 11. Totals 25 9 72.

OWEN COUNTY (15-8): T. Trenary 1 0 2, Ball 7 3 18, Tofness 1 0 3, H. Trenary 1 2 5, Lykins 5 0 13, Williams 11 8 30, Tackett 1 0 3. Totals 27 13 74.

3-pointers: OC—Lykins 3, Ball, Tofness, H. Trenary, Tackett. W—D. Jump 12, Tackett. JV: Owen County won.

Full boys' roundup on WCPO.com here...---> 2/18 BBK: Stickback lifts Holmes over Dixie - Kentucky High School Sports Story

The best shooting performance that I have ever witnessed.

It was very impressive. He is clearly one of the best high school shooters in the NKy area I have seen in some time. Williams guarded him most of the second half and could do very little to stop him.

Two very bad calls at the end cost Williamstown the game. Williams went over the back on the free throw miss rebound (at the least it should have been a jump ball), instead foul was called on Williamstown player. After that Williamstown threw length of court pass that Owen intercepted but clearly stepped on baseline. Williamstown should have had the ball underneath their basket with a second and change for a shot to tie or win.

Very disappointing to see the game end this way after the way both teams competed. 8th region officials are among the worst in the state.

Some more details on this one...

By John Lachmann

Kypostsports@yahoo.com

Twitter: @rednblackhawks

OWEN COUNTY 74, WILLIAMSTOWN 72 – Sophomore forward Carson Williams hit a pair of free throws in the final six seconds to win the game for the Rebels.

Williams hit a foul shot and missed the second, but he grabbed his own rebound and was fouled again. Williams made the first one and could not convert the second, but Owen County junior guard Brady Young intercepted a full-court pass to seal it.

Williams rolled up 30 points but fell 20 short of a game high.

Demons senior guard David Jump scored 50 points, hitting 12 treys.

WILLIAMSTOWN 15-19-17-21—72

at OWEN COUNTY 13-18-24-19—74

WILLIAMSTOWN (10-18): Stanley 2 2 7, D. Jump 17 4 50, Sarcione 2 0 4, Jordan 4 3 11. Totals 25 9 72.

OWEN COUNTY (15-8): T. Trenary 1 0 2, Ball 7 3 18, Tofness 1 0 3, H. Trenary 1 2 5, Lykins 5 0 13, Williams 11 8 30, Tackett 1 0 3. Totals 27 13 74.

3-pointers: OC—Lykins 3, Ball, Tofness, H. Trenary, Tackett. W—D. Jump 12, Tackett. JV: Owen County won.

Full boys' roundup on WCPO.com here...---> 2/18 BBK: Stickback lifts Holmes over Dixie - Kentucky High School Sports Story

According to KHSAA records....12 3pters made in a game would be a tie for 5th place all time .

It was very impressive. He is clearly one of the best high school shooters in the NKy area I have seen in some time. Williams guarded him most of the second half and could do very little to stop him.

Two very bad calls at the end cost Williamstown the game. Williams went over the back on the free throw miss rebound (at the least it should have been a jump ball), instead foul was called on Williamstown player. After that Williamstown threw length of court pass that Owen intercepted but clearly stepped on baseline. Williamstown should have had the ball underneath their basket with a second and change for a shot to tie or win.

Very disappointing to see the game end this way after the way both teams competed. 8th region officials are among the worst in the state.

Agree. 2 bad calls at the end of the game.

Help me out. What grade is this kid? How big is he? What levels does he score from?

David Jump is a senior. I'm guessing he is around 6' 1". As LCDAWGS19 indicates, they really don't run many plays for him. He can just rise up and shoot from about anywhere. The one time I saw him play in person this year he had 36, I believe. Very impressive player.

David Jump is a senior. I'm guessing he is around 6' 1". As LCDAWGS19 indicates' date=' they really don't run many plays for him. He can just rise up and shoot from about anywhere. The one time I saw him play in person this year he had 36, I believe. Very impressive player.[/quote']

Will he play in college?