Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chane Behanan Says Marijuana Use Led To His Dismissal from Louisville

Featured Replies

I'm not sure what was or wasn't done, but to hear that he is now getting the leadership that he needs, makes you wonder how hands on the staff was with him and how seriously they were trying to help him the person not the player.

 

Cards and Pitino sound as if they gave him chance after chance, but if so why that quote from Lucas?

 

I'd say a former drug addict may be able to better get the attention of a current drug addict, rather than just his basketball coach... The leadership he needs is from someone(s) who have been in a position where drugs were significantly affecting their life. How was Pitino supposed to do that?

Perhaps, but this simply lays at the feet of Behanan. No one else. This is a microcosm of our society. I hope Chane overcomes, I truly do.

 

There's only so much you can do for someone, and that point came long ago with Chane. His dismissal from UL was nobody's fault but his own.

Couple of points that those of you that are so busy making fun of him are missing.

 

One is that he is 40 hours from his degree.

Two is the Pitino still keeps in touch with him.

 

Kind of positive on both Coach P part and on Chane's part.

Couple of points that those of you that are so busy making fun of him are missing.

 

One is that he is 40 hours from his degree.

Two is the Pitino still keeps in touch with him.

 

Kind of positive on both Coach P part and on Chane's part.

 

Good for him hopefully he will finish that because he's virtually flushed him slim NBA chances down the drain.

Good for him hopefully he will finish that because he's virtually flushed him slim NBA chances down the drain.

 

That is the one part of the article that perplexed me. Lucas saying he was a future NBA guy.

 

That is the one part of the article that perplexed me. Lucas saying he was a future NBA guy.

 

He said that based upon seeing things we haven't seen, if I remember correctly. Didn't he reference Chane playing a different position than we have seen?

He said that based upon seeing things we haven't seen, if I remember correctly. Didn't he reference Chane playing a different position than we have seen?

 

I'm not sure what position that would be. He doesn't have any of the skills needed to be a guard, and from what I've seen his post game is nonexistant. Really not sure where he would fit in at the NBA level.

If he's motivated enough he could be like Chuck Hayes.

and from what I've seen his post game is nonexistant.

 

Not sure what you're referencing, but this isn't true...

Not sure what you're referencing, but this isn't true...

 

I'm not the only one with that opinion. The article is a bit dated but I don't really think he has improved these areas much at all. I think that he is a lot like WCS in that he can score in trasition or on putbacks, but just don't have any confidence in either of them being able to consistently post up and score.

 

DraftExpress NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Chane Behanan, Stats, Comparisons, and Outlook

 

While Behanan finds most of his offense around the basket, less than 20% of his shots come out of traditional post up situations. Behanan does an excellent job of carving out space and holding his position while showing solid hands reigning in errant passes. He struggles with his footwork, as he really only has a handful of consistent moves, a running jump hook with his right hand or a fadeaway jumper. Improving here, given his lack of ideal size, is obviously very important.

Chane Behanan

 

Another opinion.

 

Behanan is undersized by a good 3" or 4" to play power forward at the next level. At the college level, he gets by with his massively thick frame, but still struggles with long, athletic forwards both offensively and defensively. He had added a considerable amount of muscle in the past few seasons, costing him the athleticism and explosiveness he would need to complete in the NBA… He tends to force the action on offense- charging into the lane off the dribble or rise-up and taking a bad shot. He lacks a true back-to-the-basket game, instead relying on a mediocre face-up game…. Behanan bullies his way into scoring position in the post, but needs to refine his footwork to make him a legitimate post threat. He won't simply be able to barrel defenders down on a consistent basis at the next level…
Not sure what you're referencing, but this isn't true...

 

Chane has little to no back to the basket game. Put backs and run outs produce most of his points...

I'm not the only one with that opinion. The article is a bit dated but I don't really think he has improved these areas much at all. I think that he is a lot like WCS in that he can score in trasition or on putbacks, but just don't have any confidence in either of them being able to consistently post up and score.

 

I'll agree on the back to the basket game... When you said "post game is nonexistent," I thought you meant zero production from the post, and like I said, that isn't true.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.