Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper PA Guy Goes After CovCath Students On Twitter

Featured Replies

PJC ‏@PeteColemanNKY 19h

Cov caths cheering section cheering while injured player lays on the court ----> classless

 

 

He then gets into a twitter battle with a bunch of high school kids.

 

Why engage high school boys on Twitter?

  • Replies 136
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting into a Twitter battle with kids is dumb, however I have no issue with his tweet you posted. If that in fact did happen, he's 100% right.

  • Author
Getting into a Twitter battle with kids is dumb, however I have no issue with his tweet you posted. If that in fact did happen, he's 100% right.

 

I guess it depends on what he was mad about. I heard the CovCath kids and never thought for a second they were cheering because a player was hurt.

I guess it depends on what he was mad about. I heard the CovCath kids and never thought for a second they were cheering because a player was hurt.

 

Does it really matter why they were cheering?

 

Doesn't it show a lack of respect to be cheering, period, while an opponent is laying on the court injured?

Does it really matter why they were cheering?

 

Doesn't it show a lack of respect to be cheering, period, while an opponent is laying on the court injured?

 

That was my thought as well.

Those evil CovCath students are at it again, huh?! :rolleyes:

If I am not mistaken, this isn't the first time he has got into something like this. Maybe he should reconsider using social media.

Did everybody else stop what they were doing while the kid was down? Everybody put their cell phones down? Everybody stop talking? Probably not. Unless the kids were chanting something inappropriate about the kid who was down, I've got no problem with them continuing to cheer for their school.

A Brossart kid went down pretty hard at the NCC game. The entire NCC student base sat until they helped the kid off the court, then prodeeded to give him the "He's OK clap"! Very well done NCC fans!

A Brossart kid went down pretty hard at the NCC game. The entire NCC student base sat until they helped the kid off the court, then prodeeded to give him the "He's OK clap"! Very well done NCC fans!

 

Well, we both know that the fish eaters on this side of the Licking are better anyway! :lol2:

What's a Cooper PA Guy?

Here are a few of his tweets. Make your own judgments, if you wish:

 

@MrRomeez well let me just say that everyone else on the planet is quiet out of RESPECT when a player is down. Everyone...

 

PJC ‏@PeteColemanNKY 20h

@MrRomeez @MrRomeez I didn't say they were cheering FOR the kid that was hurt..Read before you reply! I said they were cheering.And they did

 

PJC ‏@PeteColemanNKY 18h

@steven_mac5 lol after 4 seasons and I haven't blown them yet..Lol I was just enjoying drowning out the CC obnoxious cheering section ha ha

 

Retweeted by PJC

Tanner Coleman ‏@TColes_1 18h

One last Shoutout to my pops @PeteColemanNKY on a great night/season of announcing. Drowning out one student section at a time. #DJPJC

Edited by ColonelCrazy

I was there and won't comment on what many there felt at the time only because I learned the first week I was ever on this site that many think it's all ok to do whatever you want to do when someone is injured on the playing field.

Show me the rule in the rule book that says a gym has to be quiet for an injured player.

Show me the rule in the rule book that says a gym has to be quiet for an injured player.

 

If the CCH student section was cheering because the Cooper kid got hurt, that's an issue. If they were just cheering while the kid was down, it's a non-issue, in my opinion (assuming the kid was not catastrophically injured).

 

According to Mr. Coleman's tweets, it looks like he agrees that the CCH student section was just cheering while the kid was down. Non-issue, in my opinion.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.