Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Photos of New Rupp Renovation Scheduled For Fall 2017

Featured Replies

Rupp needed to be redone long before the Yum center was built. He wasn't going out on much of a limb.

 

How many renderings did you see before the Yum was built?

  • Replies 45
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many renderings did you see before the Yum was built?

 

I think they were inlclined by the fact that Rupp was old as dirt, and UL had put up a brand new facillity as well. No secret Rupp needed a face lift though.

Pitino was right about UK getting a new place after the Yum was built.

 

Well... yes. Every so often most teams get new/updated arenas. I'm going out on a limb and saying UofL will get a new arena after Rupp is renovated.

Well... yes. Every so often most teams get new/updated arenas. I'm going out on a limb and saying UofL will get a new arena after Rupp is renovated.

 

Yeah, since that's what he meant. :lol2:

Sooo, uhhhh, where's the parking going to be?

 

My initial thought as well.

Sooo' date=' uhhhh, where's the parking going to be?[/quote']
My initial thought as well.

 

Parking will be at the Yum Center since it's hardly ever used. :lol2:

Yeah, since that's what he meant. :lol2:

 

Right.. Rupp wasn't due for an upgrade. Since it opened in 1976 and was last updated in 2001.

 

Kentucky Home Courts:

State College Gymnasium - 12 years

Buell Armory Gymnasium - 14 years

Woodland Park Auditorium - 2 years

Alumni Gymnasium - 26 years

Memorial Coliseum - 26 years

Rupp Arena (original) - 25 years

Rupp Arena (2001 renovation) - 16 years (assuming completion of the second renovation in 2017)

How many renderings did you see before the Yum was built?

 

So the Yum center is the only reason UK is doning this?

 

I have no idea what was in the works back then. It's long overdue regardless of UL's new arena. I don't care why they are doing. I just want something nice.

I'm sure it will be a very nice facility but honestly the pictures don't do much for me. Iget a ton of glass and steel and a huge electric bill. Ido love the lighted RUPP on the roof. I'm also upset with the lack of segway riding storm troopers and where did the gnome go?

So the Yum center is the only reason UK is doning this?

 

I have no idea what was in the works back then. It's long overdue regardless of UL's new arena. I don't care why they are doing. I just want something nice.

 

I didn't say anything of the sort. :lol2: You guys are way too sensitive.

Right.. Rupp wasn't due for an upgrade.

 

Did I say it wasn't??

I didn't say anything of the sort. :lol2: You guys are way too sensitive.

 

Uh huh, I know exactly where you were going with that. :lol2:

The exterior may be over the top somewhat. And somewhat expensive for its visual impact - both in build cost and maintenance. Even if you can build it you will need some full time window washers if you are going to keep all that exterior glass clean and nice.

 

But the updates to the area interior and making the complex tie better into the heart of downtown by making the main entrance face Triangle Park is very much needed. The arena does not tie into downtown at all with the main entrance facing a giant parking and parking structure. Then you have to walk around the building to get back to the where the action is in downtown Lexington.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.