Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rewarding Straight A's.. A BAD THING???

Featured Replies

I don't see a problem with this at all. In my schooling days people who had straight A's got Reds tickets' date=' went on field trips, & had lots of other perks that I seldom enjoyed.[/quote']It's time to crack down then. You still have ~ 10 years.
  • Replies 52
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The 3 hottest girls in my high school had straight A's. Shoots your theory, at least where I went.

I'd have to agree with you. The best looking girls at my school were all straight A students.

More likely the dumb category is comprised of lazy' date=' not close to dumb.[/quote']

 

Agreed. I knew plenty of people that scored in the mid 20's on the act in MIDDLE SCHOOL and still got C's more often than A's or B's. They'd do just enough to get by and nothing more.

I have problems categorizing all low achievers as being dumb or lazy. I have a granddaughter with learning problems. It is painful to watch her struggle with testing especially. Getting B's and C's are hard work for her at all times. She is neither dumb nor lazy.

 

I hope your granddaughter is getting the interventions and has an IEP. By the grace of God, one of my sons gets As and Bs. He works hard and puts forth the A effort all around, but if not for the modifications, and the IEP, he would barely get Cs.

 

On the other hand--my 2 older boys--when they DON'T get straight As, and the occasional B, they have some 'splainin to do. Lack of effort is unacceptable to me.

I have problems categorizing all low achievers as being dumb or lazy. I have a granddaughter with learning problems. It is painful to watch her struggle with testing especially. Getting B's and C's are hard work for her at all times. She is neither dumb nor lazy.
I meant no disrespect. And sure there are those with hindrances not of their own making. My only assertion is that there is a large population of those who don't try.
I'd have to agree with you. The best looking girls at my school were all straight A students.

 

The best looking girls in my high school were in the Health class textbooks.

I'm 100% for this and love it. We should reward good behavior and performance. There are always exceptions to the rule but for the most part lets be real. The kids who are getting C's are normally not trying as hard as kids getting A's. The best way to motivate kids to achieve higher or work harder is through incentive programs. There needs to be consequences for bad results or they will continue with bad results. It may hurt some feelings in the short term but it will only make them stronger in the long term. When you get out in the real world you need to understand what it takes to succeed.

The best looking girls in my high school were in the Health class textbooks.

 

I graduated 8th grade with 3 girls in my class. :isurrender:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.