January 1, 201412 yr North Endzone 2nd row section 128 seats 3-4. Right above the play clock. The Storm Trooper would always come down and sit next to us, the wife couldn't stand him lol. Haha they still always show the storm trooper on the big screen at the games.
January 1, 201412 yr You are probably right. Back in 2007 at the Bengals Steelers game here I was in the bathroom which was packed, had to use one of the stalls and almost got into a fight with a drink belligerent Bengals fan who was probably around 55 years old who thought I was taking too much time. That incident alone was one of the final straws to help rationalize giving up my season tickets, it got to be no fun anymore being surrounded by a bunch of obnoxious drunks, also having my kid with me didn't help any. Came down to, do I want to floor this guy in front of my kid in the bathroom and take a chance of getting thrown out or arrested, or walk away. Fortunately it didn't have to come to that because there was a cop in their who took the idiot away before I got out of the stall. This drunk kicked in the door while I was in the middle of doing my business....was about to get real ugly. This reminds be of being a teen at rock shows at the U.S. Bank Arena (then Riverfront Colosseum), where I'd have to wait in line with drunk and drugged up long haired roughnecks, just to be too nervous to pee once I had my chance for fear of taking too long and having these freaks get angry. I remember having to go so bad and couldn't. Some people were doing it in the sinks. A few years ago Zinzinnati Octoberfest took place on a game day where you had neanderthals who had started their day with a tailgate party, then the game, then Ocotberfest. What a treat it was to see them still pounding the suds later in the day and walking around so blasted that it's a wonder I didn't hear about them on the local 11 o'clock news for crashing on their way home. :ohbrother:
January 1, 201412 yr Author This reminds be of being a teen at rock shows at the U.S. Bank Arena (then Riverfront Colosseum), where I'd have to wait in line with drunk and drugged up long haired roughnecks, just to be too nervous to pee once I had my chance for fear of taking too long and having these freaks get angry. I remember having to go so bad and couldn't. Some people were doing it in the sinks. A few years ago Zinzinnati Octoberfest took place on a game day where you had neanderthals who had started their day with a tailgate party, then the game, then Ocotberfest. What a treat it was to see them still pounding the suds later in the day and walking around so blasted that it's a wonder I didn't hear about them on the local 11 o'clock news for crashing on their way home. :ohbrother: Yea, I've been to. Couple of those October fests o. Game days. It's really a shame how the fans at games have really turned other fans off from going to the games. We had season tickets since 1977 had them originally with my dad, we had 3 tickets, me my dad and younger brother, when my dad passed away in 1991 I took over the tickets and my brother wasn't interested so we dropped it to just 2 tickets, me and the wife. Each year though we would let the kids pick which game they wanted to see and we would take 1 of the 3 kids to a different game each year. My oldest was a huge Favre fan so everytime GB played here she would go to that game with me etc. my other daughter didn't care so she would go to a game the wife didn't want to go to and the son would always choose either Pitt or Cleveland game.. It got to the point where the la gauge was so bad and the drunks were such a nuisance that the last 5 years we stopped taking the daughters unless GB played, and we were hesitant a couple times about the son going. He wasn't having fun anymore either. It was really sad because back when my dad was alive it was an event each game.. Couldn't beat it. We would go to burch at Mother of Gods in Covington and then walk the suspension bridge to Riverfront for the game. Once PBS opened, it started to lose its luster and toward the end it became more of a hassle than an event. The losing didn't help either. We have never been happier since we gave up the tickets in 2008.
January 1, 201412 yr Yea, I've been to. Couple of those October fests o. Game days. It's really a shame how the fans at games have really turned other fans off from going to the games. We had season tickets since 1977 had them originally with my dad, we had 3 tickets, me my dad and younger brother, when my dad passed away in 1991 I took over the tickets and my brother wasn't interested so we dropped it to just 2 tickets, me and the wife. Each year though we would let the kids pick which game they wanted to see and we would take 1 of the 3 kids to a different game each year. My oldest was a huge Favre fan so everytime GB played here she would go to that game with me etc. my other daughter didn't care so she would go to a game the wife didn't want to go to and the son would always choose either Pitt or Cleveland game.. It got to the point where the la gauge was so bad and the drunks were such a nuisance that the last 5 years we stopped taking the daughters unless GB played, and we were hesitant a couple times about the son going. He wasn't having fun anymore either. It was really sad because back when my dad was alive it was an event each game.. Couldn't beat it. We would go to burch at Mother of Gods in Covington and then walk the suspension bridge to Riverfront for the game. Once PBS opened, it started to lose its luster and toward the end it became more of a hassle than an event. The losing didn't help either. We have never been happier since we gave up the tickets in 2008. LIke you said, it's changed. It's peculiar too. Years ago at Riverfront Stadium, I worked concessions at football games and people were civilized, but not anymore. A coworker of mine took a visiting friend of his from Miami to a Dolphin's game at PBS where his friend wore his MD jersey. I guess he was asking for it, but things got chippy. I don't have a problem with girls now digging the NFL, but to me it was obvious that they started marketing more woman's spirit wear so the wives and girlfriends would not take issue with husbands and boyfriends needing their Sunday fun, and even go along with them to games and spend more money. Not all of course, but now you have a sorta unintelligent pedestrian neanderthal truck driver element who didn't play past high school, but still think they could, and it's a wonder where the heck they find the funds to support their habit. I suppose truck driving pays well. (Not intended to offend any BGP truck drivers). My nephew and his wife (with decent but average paying jobs) have had 4 season tickets for years, and also now have two young toddlers who they want to send to private schools, while paying for their lovely home. I can't help to think how the price of those game tickets could send their kids to school, and I suppose it's gonna get interesting to see how they swing it. To me the super giant TV that he has in his man cave, and a 12 pack would suffice, but who am I to stand in the way of his fun? I've never once, because I'm not a butt-in-ski, said what I think, but for real? :eek:
January 2, 201412 yr When you think about it you should have to pay $100 to sit in a warm home watching in HD with snacks and beverages and it should be free to go sit in a cold wet stadium with crappy replay screens.
January 2, 201412 yr Author LIke you said, it's changed. It's peculiar too. Years ago at Riverfront Stadium, I worked concessions at football games and people were civilized, but not anymore. A coworker of mine took a visiting friend of his from Miami to a Dolphin's game at PBS where his friend wore his MD jersey. I guess he was asking for it, but things got chippy. I don't have a problem with girls now digging the NFL, but to me it was obvious that they started marketing more woman's spirit wear so the wives and girlfriends would not take issue with husbands and boyfriends needing their Sunday fun, and even go along with them to games and spend more money. Not all of course, but now you have a sorta unintelligent pedestrian neanderthal truck driver element who didn't play past high school, but still think they could, and it's a wonder where the heck they find the funds to support their habit. I suppose truck driving pays well. (Not intended to offend any BGP truck drivers). My nephew and his wife (with decent but average paying jobs) have had 4 season tickets for years, and also now have two young toddlers who they want to send to private schools, while paying for their lovely home. I can't help to think how the price of those game tickets could send their kids to school, and I suppose it's gonna get interesting to see how they swing it. To me the super giant TV that he has in his man cave, and a 12 pack would suffice, but who am I to stand in the way of his fun? I've never once, because I'm not a butt-in-ski, said what I think, but for real? :eek: Yea, I now have a 100" projector and screen in my theatre room and a 70 inch Sharp HD TV in my family room. Much better experience than being at the game. And after spending 3G's a year on tickets I can find better things to spend that money on such as family vacations etc.
January 2, 201412 yr Yea, I now have a 100" projector and screen in my theatre room and a 70 inch Sharp HD TV in my family room. Much better experience than being at the game. And after spending 3G's a year on tickets I can find better things to spend that money on such as family vacations etc. So, you are saying the BGP Bengals Playoff get together is at your house (if they sell out)????? :thumb:
January 2, 201412 yr Author So, you are saying the BGP Bengals Playoff get together is at your house (if they sell out)????? :thumb: Hahaha. I don't know if I want some on here knowing where I live lol
January 2, 201412 yr So' date=' you are saying the BGP Bengals Playoff get together is at your house (if they sell out)????? :thumb:[/quote'] I'm sure that is what he means, I'll pick up UK#1fan on the way over
January 2, 201412 yr Would love too but I fly out to the Dominican Sunday morning; but I will be at the resort in time to watch the game... Not to make anyone jealous but it will be 85 and I'll be in swim trunks during the game.
January 2, 201412 yr Would love too but I fly out to the Dominican Sunday morning; but I will be at the resort in time to watch the game... Not to make anyone jealous but it will be 85 and I'll be in swim trunks during the game. :no:
January 2, 201412 yr Why is everyone still hiding? It's okay to be a Bengals fan, they just won the division for Pete's sake. Go ahead and come out. Me, I'll be there with 65,000 of my closest friends. Just having a little fun. Love CC and CWB posts around these parts. I had to read that three times before I caught my typo. :lol:
January 2, 201412 yr Author Would love too but I fly out to the Dominican Sunday morning; but I will be at the resort in time to watch the game... Not to make anyone jealous but it will be 85 and I'll be in swim trunks during the game. Where you staying out there? We had our vacation there this past summer, it was awesome!!!!
January 2, 201412 yr RIU Palace this time; I can't remember the name of the place I stayed last year.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.