Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP Bengals Playoff game get together

Featured Replies

LIke you said, it's changed. It's peculiar too. Years ago at Riverfront Stadium, I worked concessions at football games and people were civilized, but not anymore.

 

A coworker of mine took a visiting friend of his from Miami to a Dolphin's game at PBS where his friend wore his MD jersey. I guess he was asking for it, but things got chippy.

 

I don't have a problem with girls now digging the NFL, but to me it was obvious that they started marketing more woman's spirit wear so the wives and girlfriends would not take issue with husbands and boyfriends needing their Sunday fun, and even go along with them to games and spend more money. Not all of course, but now you have a sorta unintelligent pedestrian neanderthal truck driver element who didn't play past high school, but still think they could, and it's a wonder where the heck they find the funds to support their habit. I suppose truck driving pays well. (Not intended to offend any BGP truck drivers).

 

My nephew and his wife (with decent but average paying jobs) have had 4 season tickets for years, and also now have two young toddlers who they want to send to private schools, while paying for their lovely home. I can't help to think how the price of those game tickets could send their kids to school, and I suppose it's gonna get interesting to see how they swing it. To me the super giant TV that he has in his man cave, and a 12 pack would suffice, but who am I to stand in the way of his fun? I've never once, because I'm not a butt-in-ski, said what I think, but for real? :eek:

 

Anyone who thinks it's any worse than it was 20 years ago is kidding themselves. The only thing that has changed is you got older. People have always been rowdy at football games. Anyone who brings a small child to a football game and is surprised by the loud rowdy behavior is living under a rock. Football is a sport built on tailgaiting with large groups of people and being loud. That atmosphere helped turn football into the #1 sport in the country by far because it's a much better spectator sport than Baseball. To mess to much with that atmosphere would ruin some level of viewership.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7,200 tickets still available as of 12:30....Going to be close. I still say it gets done. If they can get it down to 5,000, I imagine the team and sponsors will buy them up.

7,200 tickets still available as of 12:30....Going to be close. I still say it gets done. If they can get it down to 5,000, I imagine the team and sponsors will buy them up.

 

Deadline was supposed to be 1pm today right? Have they got the extension and if so, until when?

 

I'm hearing there are good crowds at PBS right now at the ticket office.

Deadline was supposed to be 1pm today right? Have they got the extension and if so, until when?

 

I'm hearing there are good crowds at PBS right now at the ticket office.

 

I can't imagine they won't be given an extension, do you know what the criteria are to request one?

 

I've seen the same thing on Twitter that very good crowds at the stadium right now.

 

Jeff Ruby just bought 100 tickets to donate to military families to help out.

Edited by UKMustangFan

Fox19 @FOX19: "CBS announces it will live stream Bengals-Chargers game online."

Fox19 @FOX19: "CBS announces it will live stream Bengals-Chargers game online."

 

Is that legal??? I thought something like that would violate the blackout rule.

I can't imagine they won't be given an extension, do you know what the criteria are to request one?

 

I've seen the same thing on Twitter that very good crowds at the stadium right now.

 

Jeff Ruby just bought 100 tickets to donate to military families to help out.

 

I have no idea on the criteria. Seeing that the Bengals have not requested one yet but will discuss with the NFL at day's end to determine if one is needed.

 

And I posted the same thing in the other thread. Glad to see him helping out in more than one way.

Is that legal??? I thought something like that would violate the blackout rule.

 

Lindsay Patterson just reported that NFL spokeswoman Joanna Hunter says the "blackout rules apply online and on TV." Game cannot be streamed if it doesn't sellout.

Lindsay Patterson just reported that NFL spokeswoman Joanna Hunter says the "blackout rules apply online and on TV." Game cannot be streamed if it doesn't sellout.

 

Exactly what I thought. If Direct TV can't broadcast if the local station is blacked out, then I wouldn't think you could stream it online either.

Colts just received their 2nd extension. Now have until 4:30 PM EST tomorrow to sell their remaining ~3,500 tickets.

 

Bengals should be able to receive the same, which means they'll essentially have until 4:30 PM EST Saturday to sell out.

I find it interesting how the NFL gave each team 3 different times. The Bengals deadline is 4 tomorrow, the Colts is 4:30 and the Packers is 5:00. I wonder if this big business push the Bengals received today with businesses buying tickets helped lower the amount remaining to even less than what the Colts and Packers still have to sell.

My company, American Financial Group (parent corporation to Great American Insurance), had a deal with the Bengals to offer $25 tickets to employees for the Vikings and Ravens home games to end the season. I have seen no such offer for Sunday's playoff game. Wonder why?

My company, American Financial Group (parent corporation to Great American Insurance), had a deal with the Bengals to offer $25 tickets to employees for the Vikings and Ravens home games to end the season. I have seen no such offer for Sunday's playoff game. Wonder why?

 

The Bengals don't control the prices for the playoffs, the NFL does. Therefore the Bengals can't offer deals.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.