January 3, 201412 yr Game on TV per CBS. This may have been a "regional clip" vs a Cincy market clip. I'm hoping it applies to our market :thumb: . So where are we all going to watch this?
January 3, 201412 yr Game on TV per CBS. This may have been a "regional clip" vs a Cincy market clip. I'm hoping it applies to our market :thumb: . So where are we all going to watch this? or not :loll:
January 4, 201412 yr Author There wasn't a big wave of support for this weeks plus the weather. So I'm thinking next week, an away game we should get a good turnout. So let's hope for a win so we can do it next week.
January 5, 201412 yr There wasn't a big wave of support for this weeks plus the weather. So I'm thinking next week, an away game we should get a good turnout. So let's hope for a win so we can do it next week. for the Bengal wake…We can mourn together. The upside is the Bengal loss frees up the B-dubbs and Hooter locations to watch teams that win in the playoffs :loll: . Thoughts?
January 5, 201412 yr Author for the Bengal wake…We can mourn together. The upside is the Bengal loss frees up the B-dubbs and Hooter locations to watch teams that win in the playoffs :loll: . Thoughts? Too soon after the death of another season. I will let you know later in the week.
January 6, 201412 yr I'm not ready for a get together. I don't think it would be "good therapy" but more of a chance to make me more angry than I already am. People I know who are not fans have wondered if I am sad. Heck no, I'm not sad. I'm sad when somebody dies. I'm mad about the Bengals because I feel let down once again. This team, we were told, had the most talent in the AFC. The crash is higher IMO than if they finished 3-13.
January 6, 201412 yr There wasn't a big wave of support for this weeks plus the weather. So I'm thinking next week, an away game we should get a good turnout. So let's hope for a win so we can do it next week. Yeah. San Diego/Denver should be a good game.:lol2:
January 6, 201412 yr I'm not ready for a get together. I don't think it would be "good therapy" but more of a chance to make me more angry than I already am. People I know who are not fans have wondered if I am sad. Heck no, I'm not sad. I'm sad when somebody dies. I'm mad about the Bengals because I feel let down once again. This team, we were told, had the most talent in the AFC. The crash is higher IMO than if they finished 3-13. I feel your pain. Personally, I've been on a believe/disbelieve roller coaster ride for quite a awhile now, as I imagine many others have, and have wondered how I could let myself be taken so dramatically up and down the way I have. Throughout this sometimes unexpected remarkable season with much to cheer about, and once more having high hopes, the game @ Pittsburg seemed to once again bring me back down to earth, helping me take as a warning to what darker depths this team was capable of, and help me brace myself for the ever present possibility of a very possible tragic dive, especially with their track record in front of a national audience. Thanks to that circus of a game with the Steelers, I was prepared for the worst, and simply changed the channel to the 49's and Packers game, dismissing it, however disappointed, as no surprise. The scared look on Dalton's face throughout the 2nd half was all too indicative of our chances, and it too was a warning to brace myself for the final outcome. He seems like a real nice guy in person, but all niceness aside, an NFL QB must have the confidence and toughness to weather the storm in the face of adversity, much the way Indy's Andrew Luck did. When Andy is good he is real good, as is supported by his record, but when he is bad, the emotions kick in hard, and drag him under. If he's capable of developing that confidence and toughness, even now with his self-image undoubtedly having taken a huge hit and stacking the odds even higher, he's still young enough to right that ship, become a more complete QB, and continue on with a stellar career. Can he? Will he? I guess that is to be seen, but for me I won't hold my breath thinking that the chances are high, and if he comes around, then all the more reason to celebrate, and if he doesn't, I'll just write it off as the writing having been written on the wall all along.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.