Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hopkinsville Tigers - The Best Team No One Is Talking About?

Featured Replies

I'm starting this thread because Hopkinsville might be the best team who gets the least love here on BGP.

 

We know Jaqualis Matlock is back and is going to anchor their interior. We know they were playing in the Sweet 16 Saturday morning of last year before losing a close game to eventual champion Madison Central. We know that last year's leading scorer Jordan Majors was lost to graduation. However, in addition to Matlock, this year's edition returns Trey Edwards, Jamonte Davis, and Demarius Cager, among others, return.

 

 

Let's look at there schedule and results so far. Here's a link to Hop-town's results so far this year.

 

Beating Marshall County at their place by 19 is a quality win. They crushed UHA. They've beaten a very good Warren Central team by 8 in Hopkinsville. They beat a good Lafayette team by 9 in the King of the Bluegrass. Otherwise, they were 2-1 against out of state teams in the King of the Bluegrass, but with the quality of competition there, you'd think those were solid games.

 

In my mind, Warren Central and Lafayette are the best teams in the 4th and 11th right now. They've beaten them by a total of 17 points.

 

 

 

Questions:

 

Are we not giving Hop-town enough credit?

 

Where do the Tigers deserve to be ranked and why?

 

Aside from Ballard, who has played a tougher schedule (that's produced more wins)?

 

Is there a better team who has gotten less play on here than Hopkinsville? If so, who?

The BGP rankings have shown Hoptown love. If I am not mistaken Hoptown is #2 in the most recent rankings release.

 

I do wish there was more chatter on here about Hoptown so we could get to know them better. I think because they aren't talked about like some of the other schools people may feel like their ranking isn't justified. I disagree.

 

This also proves that BGP isn't biased towards big schools/programs like some believe.

Are we not giving Hop-town enough credit?

 

Unless you have a mouse in your pocket, we have been giving them credit. I'll also disagree that Lafayette is the best in the 11th.

I agree that Hoptown is one of the best teams in the state and unfortunately they do not seem to have a regular "poster" on this site. To answer one of your questions of who has played a tougher schedule? Trinity has yet to play a home game and has beaten: Johnson Central, Henry Clay, Lafayette, Fairdale, and PRP. But Trinity has gotten more "love" than Hoptown I agree.

I think everyone has been giving them proper credit. They are ranked No. 2 in the poll and several of us have said they have a legit shot to win it all.

Definitely a regional following thing with them. They are a contender for all the marbles no doubt.

I think they are getting the proper respect...they just don't get a lot of traffic on this site due to their location and lack of posters in the far western part of the state. I have a good buddy who is a 2nd region official...he tells me they are the real deal for sure. It's a team I want to see play if I can.

I think it hurt them when they dropped a dud to Ft Meyers FL in the opening round of KOB. If they win that game and stay in the main gym, progress through the tourney, then they deservedly get more chatter.

I think it hurt them when they dropped a dud to Ft Meyers FL in the opening round of KOB. If they win that game and stay in the main gym, progress through the tourney, then they deservedly get more chatter.

 

This.

PP92, I used to be the guy who gave a lot of updates about Hoptown but, I guess when family graduates and moves on along with the fact that I am in Indianapolis things sort of tapered off. I was there the past weekend and will tell you that they are legitimate. They will make a lot of noise this year in the state and will probably be standing on the last day with a chance to take the entire shooting match. They have a very long talented squad that can hurt you in many different ways this year. I look forward to seeing them progress through this season.

PP92, I used to be the guy who gave a lot of updates about Hoptown but, I guess when family graduates and moves on along with the fact that I am in Indianapolis things sort of tapered off. I was there the past weekend and will tell you that they are legitimate. They will make a lot of noise this year in the state and will probably be standing on the last day with a chance to take the entire shooting match. They have a very long talented squad that can hurt you in many different ways this year. I look forward to seeing them progress through this season.

 

I understand completely. I look forward to following their progress as well.

I think it hurt them when they dropped a dud to Ft Meyers FL in the opening round of KOB. If they win that game and stay in the main gym, progress through the tourney, then they deservedly get more chatter.

 

I agree that was a poor loss for Hoptown. They should be undefeated. However that they spanked Riverside Academy, Louisiana who was ranked No. 1 in the state at the time they played them. Ballard also beat Riverside but by only 12 in a closer than the final score type game (29-29 at half). Hopkinsville was in complete control during their game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.