Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bishop Brossart 51 Highlands 42

Featured Replies

No question the environment can play a small role.

 

I too thought that the Birds played extremely hard. The Russell Bridges Gymnasium has never been kind to the Mustangs. Last night's 9 point win looks like a blowout compared to what we have done there in the past. In 11-12 we came away with a 68-61 win, in 09-10 we prevailed 65-59, in 07-08 we got thumped 40-64, in 05-06 we lost 49-53, and in 03-04 we snuck out a 41-39 win. None of our wins in Fort Thomas have ever been "feel good" wins. We try to survive them and move on. The Mustangs beat the Birds 68-38 a year ago in Alexandria.

 

When we opened a 17-3 lead I thought that our defense was too much and our size to big for them, but that observation would prove to be wrong as the game progressed. Brendan Buten had a career night, putting his team on his 5'5" shoulders and nearly willed his team to victory. He spearheaded the Highlands comeback that closed the gap to four points at 38-34 with 4:57 to go before the Mustangs hit nearly all of our free-throws down the stretch to hold the Birds at bay. I too thought that the stripes were tough on us. Both Jake Jennings and Drew Burns were strapped with foul trouble and fouled out of the game. The Mustangs got good minutes off the bench from Senior Austin Shannon who provided a lift with an 8 point performance.

 

We'll take our win and move on without apologizing to anyone. I think that Highlands will continue to improve throughout the season. Kevin Listerman's enthusiasm is contagious and given some time will carve out a successful niche at the Fort.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Houliston's name in the box score. Did he play much or is he easing into it? Regardless, when he is back in basketball shape, he will help this team.

 

Seems odd for a team with such a late start to be taking a full week off now. Some post-football practice may be the best thing for them.

 

Good to hear the crowd was good and vocal.

  • Author

I wish I couldve called this One but a stomach bug kept me on the couch listening to Mustang and his boistrous color Man. Lol

 

Jake Donelan did a great job calling the Highland bombs.

 

Sounds like Listerman is really igniting some energy into the Birds, too bad he didnt come calling 5 yrs ago.

I

 

Sounds like Listerman is really igniting some energy into the Birds, too bad he didnt come calling 5 yrs ago.

 

There's energy and then there's putting the ball in the basket. 40 points per game isn't going to win a lot of games.

There's energy and then there's putting the ball in the basket. 40 points per game isn't going to win a lot of games.

 

Come on, don't rain on our "moral victory" parade...

 

I agree 40 points against St h, Dixie, and WV is a disappointment. I'm looking at the 39 that were scored in the last 3 quarters against a methodical offense and well coached defensive team like Brossart as a huge improvement. Something to build on.

There's energy and then there's putting the ball in the basket. 40 points per game isn't going to win a lot of games.

 

oops now you did it.

HHS has a pulse and man did BB put on a show last night. Excitement in the gym very proud on the effort last night. A $5 bargain. Nice to see an enthusiastic student and fan base. This group played with a chip on their shoulder. In all the excitement yours truly lost his keys! Hopefully they fell under the bleachers. Thanks to the HHS and Br

HHS has a pulse and man did BB put on a show last night. Excitement in the gym very proud on the effort last night. A $5 bargain. Nice to see an enthusiastic student and fan base. This group played with a chip on their shoulder. In all the excitement yours truly lost his keys! Hopefully they fell under the bleachers. Thanks to the HHS and Br

 

Both school fan sections doing a search. The frosh had a real nice win to go 3-2 on the season. I have gave them a nickname Kevin's kids as they will upon graduation be in the program for 4 years. Does HHS have the horses to play with the top tier teams, perhaps not but if they play like last night you can't help but feel the buzz. I sure hope they work on that effort!

There's energy and then there's putting the ball in the basket. 40 points per game isn't going to win a lot of games.

Brossart has the lowest points given up by a 10th region team according to the Enquirer at 47 per game. They have only given up 60 or more points one time this year and that was against Holmes.

oops now you did it.

 

My post wasn't to rain on the parade but to point out that enthusiasm is great. Points are greater.

Brossart has the lowest points given up by a 10th region team according to the Enquirer at 47 per game. They have only given up 60 or more points one time this year and that was against Holmes.

 

44, 36, and 40 something in the other games.

 

So your D wasn't anything special.:lol2:

44, 36, and 40 something in the other games.

 

 

So your D wasn't anything special.:lol2:

 

Wow, Clyde. I have been reading your posts for 4 years and have always found you to have interesting and objective views on things. Did someone from Mustang nation offend you? If so, let me be the first to apologize.

Wow, Clyde. I have been reading your posts for 4 years and have always found you to have interesting and objective views on things. Did someone from Mustang nation offend you? If so, let me be the first to apologize.

 

Must have strong legs to jump to that conclusion, my friend.

 

Had HHS been scoring 50+ in their other games then I would have agreed with my friend TAC. They hadn't, thus, I disagreed. I'm a fan of BB. If they can get better guard play in tough games they can make a big run.

Must have strong legs to jump to that conclusion, my friend.

 

Had HHS been scoring 50+ in their other games then I would have agreed with my friend TAC. They hadn't, thus, I disagreed. I'm a fan of BB. If they can get better guard play in tough games they can make a big run.

 

I must have been reading too much between the lines. Thanks for clarifying, Clyde.

I must have been reading too much between the lines. Thanks for clarifying, Clyde.

 

No sweat. As I said, I'm a fan of the BB community.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.