Holy Cross 53 Highlands 50

According to KHSAA....O.K. is this for real? I left with 5 minutes to go in the 4th with the Indians down by about 10. It was a pretty good game up until the HC went cold and got outscored in the 3rd 16-3 by the Birds and by the start of the 4th Highlands looked like they were in firm control of this game. I turned to the guy next to me and said "It never fails when I leave this early that I find out that I should have stayed, Oh well, I'll take my chances". Famous last words, I guess. The officiating was getting on my nerves and in was starting to get frustrating to watch. What in the world happened in the last 5 minutes? I should've known better......

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The result is in fact true. Holy Cross will not and I repeat will not defeat Covington Catholic in the Districts. Highlands shot very poorly from the free throw line in the last quarter which enable Holy Cross to get back in it along with some questionable calls or lack there of by the stripes. Again a very poorly officiated game IMO from the very start. As someone said to me at halftime, if the rules were complied with as stated in the book the scores would be in the 100's. Never seen more hand checks, elbows and flat out pushing that I have seen this year.

The result is in fact true. Holy Cross will not and I repeat will not defeat Covington Catholic in the Districts. Highlands shot very poorly from the free throw line in the last quarter which enable Holy Cross to get back in it along with some questionable calls or lack there of by the stripes. Again a very poorly officiated game IMO from the very start. As someone said to me at halftime, if the rules were complied with as stated in the book the scores would be in the 100's. Never seen more hand checks, elbows and flat out pushing that I have seen this year.

Welcome to Holy Cross--Tough place to win, kinda like @ Highlands!! :D

Holy Cross has won 10 of it's last 11. They are hot. Almost shut out in the third quarter and still found a way to win. It's probably time to give Erik Goetz some credit in his first year for peaking his team at the right time.

With HC coming on and Holmes struggling, it should be a great 35 district tournament.

Frustrating to watch the end of this game. After playing an incredible third quarter, the Birds unraveled in the fourth quarter. For the life of me can't understand why Vories wasn't holding the ball during the last few minutes. Senior leadership can win games like this. Don't want to pick on the younger kids but I don't think they have shown they can handle the pressure when the going gets tough. I thought Hudephol played some valuable minutes last night for the birds. The kids plays tough. I hope the Birds get sent to the free throw line a lot this week at practice or tourney time could get very frustrating. I won't harbor on the poor officiating other than it was hilarious when Smith picked up his third foul. It was such a horrible foul that the refs (all three of them) couldn't figure out who he fouled.

You have to give the Indians some credit, they fought back and knew exactly how to win this game.

Holy Cross getting hot at the right time. Leader board in the Ninth looks to be changing. :ylsuper:

You are correct in that they are hot. It is a fact. You are incorrect when you start talking about leader board changes. Anybody can have a bad game on the road and lose. You cannot expect teams to win all of their games. Holy Cross did a remarkable job coming back and winning. They had from what it sounds like, homecourt, officiating (at times), HHS poor ft shooting, on their side....They will be given an early exit in the District Tournament thanks to a Cov Cath team that will be hungry to get to Rupp. It was a nice run while it lasted but they should just be happy with the NKAC div 2 title and forget about Rupp.