Holy Cross 53 Highlands 50

Forgive me if I'm wrong but wasn't it Vories who had the most costly turnover in the game at the end when HC double teamed him and he threw the ball without looking directly to Dane Lantry?

Porter22, I was at the game last night and the turnover you are referring to was around the 3:40 mark of the fourth quarter. At that point of the game HHS was still up by 7 or 8 points. It was probably still costly but aren't all turnovers. During the last 2 to 2 1/2 minutes of the game, the coach should have made sure Vories had the ball and spread the floor leaving the middle open. I'm sure HC was happy that Vories did not have the opportunity to make the plays at the end of the game.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Porter22, I was at the game last night and the turnover you are referring to was around the 3:40 mark of the fourth quarter. At that point of the game HHS was still up by 7 or 8 points. It was probably still costly but aren't all turnovers. During the last 2 to 2 1/2 minutes of the game, the coach should have made sure Vories had the ball and spread the floor leaving the middle open. I'm sure HC was happy that Vories did not have the opportunity to make the plays at the end of the game.

Don't you think HC's defense dictated this though?

Don't you think HC's defense dictated this though?

I thought HC's defense was very good. They have several players that hustle and play hard the full 32 minutes. But Vories ended up with probably over 20 something points in the game and most of those were in the second half. In fact, the only shot he missed in that half, I think, was a desperation layup at the end of the game. But during the last 2 1/2 minutes HHS's coach had other players, possibly using Vories as a decoy, to try to score. Some of these shots were contested, and I think with HHS being in the bonus should have only taken an uncontested layup or wait to get fouled with the ball in Vories hands. But hats off to HC for making the plays at the right time and hitting the foul shots that counted.

Was not able to attend, so I, m speaking from the box score. How did Tanner play? 6 pts seems to be a little less than what was expected from him. Foul trouble? HHS is going to need more production from him to go anywhere. I am concerned that HHS is becoming a little 1 dimensional. They cannot hang the season on Vories. He is an awesome player, but he is not the aircraft carrier that can carry the team to lexington.

5. I can't believe how much better Corey Sorrel makes this team.

Very true. But as evidence by the game earlier in the year I think that he doesn't have the maturity to go out and just PLAY against CovCath without getting tangled into his emotions. He was a non-factor when they played. If he just plays like he has been the past few weeks HC has a very good shot at the "upset". That being said, I sure hope he doesn't.

Kudos to HC on the victory over the #1 team in the 9th region.

Was not able to attend, so I, m speaking from the box score. How did Tanner play? 6 pts seems to be a little less than what was expected from him. Foul trouble? HHS is going to need more production from him to go anywhere. I am concerned that HHS is becoming a little 1 dimensional. They cannot hang the season on Vories. He is an awesome player, but he is not the aircraft carrier that can carry the team to lexington.

He was pretty much a non-factor. He continually caught the ball 5-10 feet away from the basket and would then travel, pass, or miss a tough shot.

Sour Grapes?

Here our some points of the game.

1. HC came out scoring and up big in first half, Highlands is not fast enought and can not play man to man defense against HC. As I stated before the game HC gave them more match up problems than Highlands.

2. I applaud Coach Schlarman to going to his gimmick defense late 2nd half and 3rd quarter to get his team the lead.

3. HC is for real. How can a bluebird fan complain about refs letting them play. If they called every bump Ben G would never of made out of the first quarter the way he was guarding Steeken. Please I do not want to hear this. It was bad both ways, if the refs knew what a charge was Voriees would of been called on a couple in the 3rd quarter.

4. I'm not saying HC will beat CCH, but I think this win let CCH know they better come to play

5. I can't believe how much better Corey Sorrel makes this team.

:D Cluck, Cluck, Cluck bigstud..Enjoy the moment you deserve it or should I say the Indian players deserve it. Sounds like they didn't give up and won a hard fought game.. Still don't see you guys getting by CCH but what do I know right? Nothing according to most of the HC faithful.. Congrats to the Indians and Coach Goetz

I think it was Big Stud who said very early in the season in November or December that this HC team is their best since the late 90's. He is correct and even the Big Zig would have to agree with that. The HC-CovCath game will be a nailbiter and HC has a chance for a huge upset on their home floor. I do agree CovCath will be slightly favored as they beat them earlier this year. However, HC is a very solid squad and CovCath knows they must play A ball to get into the regional.

I think the biggest thing that hurt the Birds is the cupcake game they had on Tues nite. Games like that cause you to relax a little and they could even cause you to slack in practice. Would've like to have seen them play someone tougher. good win for HC things are gettin thick in the 9th.