Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Replaces Duke as Most Hated Team in College Basketball

Featured Replies

I basically don't give a flip what that writer or anyone else thinks. U.K. basketball has been hated all over the country for years, as long as I can remember, that's nothing new :lol2:. Now, I never went to the site but but I thought all that 40-0 crap was stupid when I heard it. I have to say that the ones that were claiming that over a team that hadn't played one game of college basketball were at best, lets just say "lacking. void of any college basketball intelligence". I don't mind a little trash talking but at least don't embarrass yourself when you do it. :lol2:

So, as I have said on other threads about other subjects.....let the haters hate, they are going to do it anyway. :idunno:

  • Replies 65
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can honestly say, most of the Kentucky fans on here have put me on the verge of not liking them at all.

 

Don't you pull for Ohio State in football?

I know a girl that is from Indiana, goes to school at UofL, and is a UK fan... Please figure that out for me. :lol2:

 

Deuce, there is no such thing as understanding women. Anyone that says that they have is either never had a girlfriend, been married or been around the opposite sex for any length of time including friends and family or they are a Liar :lol2:. There is nothing wrong with it, I have been married for 27 years and can confrm that its obviously is born in every female.

Don't you pull for Ohio State in football?

 

Don't try and turn this around.

 

We're talking about UK and how awful they are.

 

:D

Don't try and turn this around.

 

We're talking about UK and how awful they are.

 

:D

 

That's it. Time to bring up an old thread so I can insult you.

Don't you pull for Ohio State in football?

 

I pull for OSU in football as well and I can get past all the anti Buckeye's on here. I also like the SEC as well, am an avid U.K. fan. I can multi task. lol

I pull for OSU in football as well and I can get past all the anti Buckeye's on here. I also like the SEC as well, am an avid U.K. fan. I can multi task. lol

 

My point is that the Ohio State football fan base is about equal to the UK basketball fan base in terms of annoyance.

That's it. Time to bring up an old thread so I can insult you.

 

Oh geez. I've been on this site since I was 18. Shouldn't take long to find something humiliating.

My point is that the Ohio State football fan base is about equal to the UK basketball fan base in terms of annoyance.
:thumb: That's one reason that I understand.
Oh geez. I've been on this site since I was 18. Shouldn't take long to find something humiliating.

 

:lol2:

 

Not even I would do that to you. I'm thinking along a different line.

Two different types of "hate" for UK and Duke.

 

UK-Specific Hate:

Cal has vacated 2 Final Fours and moved on to new schools.

Worldwide Wes.

Glory Road.

Things like "DeMarcus Thuggins" (funny how some bash UK with Glory Road and "Thuggins" at the same time) & Eric Bledsoe's Calc Teacher

The fact that Cal basically thumbs his nose at tradition and the NCAA with the "One and Done".

 

Duke-Specific Hate:

Annoying players & annoying traditions like smacking the floor.

Perception that they get all the calls.

The media's lovefest with them.

Coach K is a "sleazy rat face".

That they have tons of fans who have no real connection with the school or North Carolina area (not a huge, huge deal to me tho).

Self righteousness and a "holier than tho" image that gets spouted off (sometimes unfairly, because they don't always put themselves on the pedestal) when there are things like Lance Thomas' jewelry and player's parents getting some jobs with intermediaries that are basically an extension of the program.

 

 

Both are great programs with proud traditions, but the reasons that most give for their criticism couldn't be more different to me.

Edited by JokersWild24

Things like "DeMarcus Thuggins"

 

I think there's still a dent in the floor from what he did to poor, defenseless, innocent Jared Swopshire.

My point is that the Ohio State football fan base is about equal to the UK basketball fan base in terms of annoyance.

 

Blasphemy.

I sit with some U of L fans at the Trinity games. They are good guys and we get along fine. One of them even posts here. Just like any fan base, there are 17% of wacko U of L and Duke fans on this site that would annoy Gandhi himself. There are also some that I generally enjoy reading their posts. I love UK and support them win or lose in all sports, along with SEC teams. I don't care if UK is #1 hated or #101. Makes no difference to me. "Go Cats"

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.