Fayette County Public Schools Boycott of Lexington Catholic is officially over.

The Golfer

David Hensley, head coach of Dunbar called and told me today that he received word from the higher ups in the school system that the Boycott is no more. FCPS Coaches have freedom to schedule anyone they want to. Lexington Catholic and Dunbar's schedule's are full for 2006. But Coach Hensley and Coach Letton are trying to work out a game for 2007.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Hensley, head coach of Dunbar called and told me today that he received word from the higher ups in the school system that the Boycott is no more. FCPS Coaches have freedom to schedule anyone they want to. Lexington Catholic and Dunbar's schedule's are full for 2006. But Coach Hensley and Coach Letton are trying to work out a game for 2007.

What recently changed to cancel the boycott?

I think it boils down to the inevitability of the fact that Lex. catholic is not going anywhere, and eventually there will come a day when Catholic is 4A in football and they will be grouped together with the Lexington schools forcing the games to occur. Also from what I understand in talking to administrators at TC the feeling is that the KHSAA is finally ready to enforce its bylaws, and they feel all transgressions on each side won't be swept under the rug.

This is good news for people who are part of these schools and live in the area. There are some things still to work out for the 2007 season. Catholic has a problem of being in the biggest district in the world they have 7 district games. Lexington Catholic most likely will renew their games with Scott County and St. X so that only leaves one opening and that's the bluegrass bowl on opening night. Hopefully a good deal can be met by Dunbar and Lexington Catholic and they can play on opening night in 2007.

With all due respect Golfer every school in Lexington will lose an amount of respect as long as this silly boycott continues because it will always give the impression that they are dodging superior competition. In the public/private thread it has been brought up that the impression is that the private schools are doing something wrong and that impression is all that's needed to demand change. The same applies here.

And FWIW I could care less who Dunbar does or doesn't play. I just think it shows a level of hypocricy to play a school like MBA under the guise of playing strong competition to get better while dodging a very good program in the same city.

Precisely!

Seems like the administrators at FCPS are clueless.

FWIW it was a knock on Dunbar and all FCPS schools for their refusal to play LexCath.

Where is everybody are they still in the Dunbar vs. MBA thread? I thought this day would be like Christmas to some Trinity fans. :D

Until they line up on the field nothing has changed.

I noticed you said that there was a possibility that Dunbar could open up with LexCath next year. Is there no return game to MBA or will Dunbar just buy their way out of another tough road game like they did this year?

FWIW I had no intention of posting in this thread but I was called out.

I don't see how this is great for Lexington football. LexCath has gained respect througout the state for not dodging anyone and playing respectably even against the state's 4A powers. Does anyone really think that the public school 4A programs are going to "magically turn around" by scheduling a 3A school? I would just as soon LexCath continue playing Trinity, Male and St. X and leave the Lex Pubs to continue twisting in the wind.

Until they line up on the field nothing has changed.

I noticed you said that there was a possibility that Dunbar could open up with LexCath next year. Is there no return game to MBA or will Dunbar just buy their way out of another tough road game like they did this year?

FWIW I had no intention of posting in this thread but I was called out.

Your hate for Lexington Schools is all the response I need. You never cared about the boycott against Lexington Catholic you hate the Lexington Schools and you tried to cover that up by the Lexington Catholic boycott. Now I guess we will buy out of the MBA contract even though Dunbar made the contract. That makes a lot of sense. :rolleyes:

You are right you had no intentions of posting in this thread. Because it's good for the FCPS and bad for people who hate them. You had plenty of intentions to post in the Dunbar vs. Montgomery Bell thread and you had no problems calling Dunbar scared and afraid in that thread because they were ducking Lexington Catholic.

I really have nothing against Trinity at all. I will be the first to wish them good luck this year. You are the state champions and your program is a class act. I wish Trinity the best.

I think it boils down to the inevitability of the fact that Lex. catholic is not going anywhere, and eventually there will come a day when Catholic is 4A in football and they will be grouped together with the Lexington schools forcing the games to occur. Also from what I understand in talking to administrators at TC the feeling is that the KHSAA is finally ready to enforce its bylaws, and they feel all transgressions on each side won't be swept under the rug.

I don't think Lex Cath is looking to make the jump any time soon. The school is maxed out almost on class sizes and is still a good ways from being the size of most 4A schools. I do agree though that this thing has run its course and publics are beginning to realize that boycotting Lex Cath probably isn't the answer. Im glad to see this end hopefully, I remember the mid 90's when 11th region basketball regular season games were just awesome w/ Lex Cath taking on Bryan Station usually.