Fayette County Public Schools Boycott of Lexington Catholic is officially over.

The Golfer

In a lot of states, private schools are given credit for each student counting 1.5 for classification purposes to offset the perceived advantages privates have. If this occurs in Kentucky, Catholics enrollment would be counted at 1350 which may put them in 4A.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is everybody are they still in the Dunbar vs. MBA thread? I thought this day would be like Christmas to some Trinity fans. :D

As I posted earlier in the thread you quoted, I still think the FCPS administrators are/were clueless.

To echo Guru's point and answer my own question, the only thing that changed to cancel the boycott was LC's state title and FCPS football's regression. SEE no state appearance since 1999.

Your hate for Lexington Schools is all the response I need. You never cared about the boycott against Lexington Catholic you hate the Lexington Schools and you tried to cover that up by the Lexington Catholic boycott. Now I guess we will buy out of the MBA contract even though Dunbar made the contract. That makes a lot of sense. :rolleyes:

You are right you had no intentions of posting in this thread. Because it's good for the FCPS and bad for people who hate them. You had plenty of intentions to post in the Dunbar vs. Montgomery Bell thread and you had no problems calling Dunbar scared and afraid in that thread because they were ducking Lexington Catholic.

I really have nothing against Trinity at all. I will be the first to wish them good luck this year. You are the state champions and your program is a class act. I wish Trinity the best.

Maybe, just maybe you should knock the chip off of your shoulder. How you can even come close to determining that I hate Lexington schools from what I posted in that thread is completely beyond me. Do I think the Lexington schools were childish with their silly boycott? yes. Do I hate them? no And the whole comment about buying out of a contract was sarcasm. I have no clue (and really could care less) who instituted the contract.

Let me tell you this, I just became a HUGE Dunbar fan. I really, really hope that Dunbar and Trinity both advance to the regional championship game. It's fun beating people on their own field in the playoffs.

I think it should be clear that Coach Hensley was at Jessamine County when this boycott started. He played Lex Cath every year with less kids than he has at Dunbar. Most of this stuff was not because of coaches, it was some older people that had a big chip on their shoulder. Some of those people don't have the voice they used to have.

Maybe, just maybe you should knock the chip off of your shoulder. How you can even come close to determining that I hate Lexington schools from what I posted in that thread is completely beyond me. Do I think the Lexington schools were childish with their silly boycott? yes. Do I hate them? no And the whole comment about buying out of a contract was sarcasm. I have no clue (and really could care less) who instituted the contract.

Let me tell you this, I just became a HUGE Dunbar fan. I really, really hope that Dunbar and Trinity both advance to the regional championship game. It's fun beating people on their own field in the playoffs.

What position do you play?

In a lot of states, private schools are given credit for each student counting 1.5 for classification purposes to offset the perceived advantages privates have. If this occurs in Kentucky, Catholics enrollment would be counted at 1350 which may put them in 4A.
Actually, the states that I know use a multiplier all use a different number. Illinois uses 1.65, Missouri uses 1.35 and Tennessee went with 1.85. I think 1.5 is about right.

Well, that is already practice in Kentucky, but it is for either all boys or all girls schools. Lexington Catholic is Co-Ed.
No, it isn't already in practice. Doubling a single-sex school's enrollment for classification purposes isn't the same as assessing private schools a multiplier on their enrollment.

Because it would force some private schools to "play-up" in classification. LexCath would probably become 4A in that scenario and Christian Academy of Louisville would probably become 3A and Louisville Holy Cross would probably become 2A. But depending on the multiplier a school like DeSales which already has to double it's enrollment for classification purposes could drop in classification, that is unless those that support a multiplier would have single sex schools first double their enrollment and then apply the multilpier.

It would have NO EFFECT AT ALL on Trinity or St. X.