Ashland chooses not to play Rose Hill in 2006-2007

Bird33

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As of yesterday their schedule was already full. Maybe AT, can get us an advanced copy.
It's nice to see that you are interested, and I hope that AT41 can get you a copy for your refrigerator. Many schools don't wait until 3 days before a season opens to make out their schedule. It helps prevent overscheduling and conflicts. :thumb:

After the way Boyd Co. conducted themselves Tuesday night I have the upmost respect for their school and athletic program. Not only did they show respect during the Garnes cerimony but their fans were gracious and complimentary after Rose Hill pulled the upset.
Phil Pratt, Doc Bayes, and the Boyd County program are very good people, and they conducted themselves with a great deal of class.

Not to mention their radio crew was very respectful of Rose Hill.
You really need to schedule a meeting with Dicky Martin and Dirk Payne. If you don't know where they live, then try to catch them at an Ashland ballgame. If you don't like their conduct, then tell them face to face. You know who they are, and they know who you are. Work it out like a grown man, and spare me the constant whining on here. You sound like a broken record. Everyone on this site knows that you feel like Dicky was disrespectful of your school. For pete's sake, talk to him like a grown man, and quit whining to the board.

Does anyone think it will be that way if Rose Hill beats Ashland on 2/28?
I'll answer that with this question - did Flynn run the score up on Rose Hill the last time or two he played them, or did he have some class, and minimize the damage?

Frances

So are you suggesting that Rose Hill remove head coach Fraley, AD Euton, Asst coach Euton, school board Chairman Bush, or administrator Douglas? One, some, or all. Just curious.

I'd say removing the board member that places himself on every athletic event, and can't get his story straight would be a start...

Who is that, RickyP?

Frances

the rest of the AD's aren't really "following Ashland" in some crusade to persecute Rose Hill, but that these men are making decisions based on the same information, and are reading it the same way that Swift is. The alternative would be that everyone else has inept people at the AD slot, that can't think for themselves. Sorry, but I don't buy that. I know Sam Sparks well enough to know that when he disagrees with Swift, he'll tell him so and vote accordingly.

Unfortunately for you, I doubt that you will get many votes unless you are willing to run under your real name, as opposed to hiding behind a sobriquet. This site is great in many ways, but one of it's weaknesses is that it allows some people to make ridiculous statements about known figures, while remaining anonymous.

You might want to clean up your own house prior to trying to tell us how to clean ours.

You are exactly right. When will you start?

Frances

My Word!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is like being chastised for shoplifting by one convicted of grand larceny.

Frances and I apparently agree that the animousity between Ashland and Rose Hill will continue for the foreseeable future. However, I disagree that levels of maturity, or lack thereof, have much to do with it. The maturity angle is an easy answer but it is merely a small ingredient in the mix. I firmly believe that the basis of the impasse is a mutual lack of trust and respect. That is not likely to change because both camps are controlled by people with strong personalities, strong loyalties, strong beliefs, and long memories. Therefore, I still wholeheartedly support the disassociation. Neither school remotely needs the other.

It's nice to see that you are interested, and I hope that AT41 can get you a copy for your refrigerator. Many schools don't wait until 3 days before a season opens to make out their schedule. It helps prevent overscheduling and conflicts. :thumb:

Phil Pratt, Doc Bayes, and the Boyd County program are very good people, and they conducted themselves with a great deal of class.

You really need to schedule a meeting with Dicky Martin and Dirk Payne. If you don't know where they live, then try to catch them at an Ashland ballgame. If you don't like their conduct, then tell them face to face. You know who they are, and they know who you are. Work it out like a grown man, and spare me the constant whining on here. You sound like a broken record. Everyone on this site knows that you feel like Dicky was disrespectful of your school. For pete's sake, talk to him like a grown man, and quit whining to the board.

I'll answer that with this question - did Flynn run the score up on Rose Hill the last time or two he played them, or did he have some class, and minimize the damage?

Frances

Frances you have officially lost your mind.

I compliment the Boyd radio crew and you bring Dirk and Dickie into the arguement. I never mention the Ashland crew.

You on the other hand are calling for people's jobs. As far as phone calls why don't you call Dr. Bush and tell him to clean house at Rose Hill. If you want his number PM me.

No Mike Flynn never, ever ran up the score and he could have. I have a great deal of respect for Flynn and if you remember I as one of the few who defended him in the face of an onslaught by AT41 and others. You are avoiding the question.

Posters why does every Ashland/RH thread have to turn into a mud slinging contest? Alot of the posts in here are boarderline or just over the line for the sites rules.If for some reason alot of you have forgotten go back and read rules 2,3 and in some cases rule 4.We have had to close 2 or 3 threads in the last 2 days because of this.So please try to comply so no one is on the outside looking in.

Thanks