Ashland chooses not to play Rose Hill in 2006-2007

Bird33

Sounds like some adults need to grow up at both Ashland and RH! When RH first became a school and for years after, Ashland had no problem playing them and picking up their wins! But I guess by not playing it allows the adults at both schools to be able to say that they are better than the other and to continue their grudge match!

Not the way you put it but I DO AGREE! There should be SOME WAY to work all of this out?? Pride is hanging on both sides and I'm not sure either is ready to say sorry :devil:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All I have to say is why would YOU post this :confused:

You were not around when I said this the last time BUT things that are not built on a solid foundation are sure to fall.....

Besides I haven't read ONE post on this thread as negative as yours.....HATE hasn't and will not make a good leader so blast Ashland all you want we'll take what is coming and figure it out in the wash....Envy is the down fall of many....And you know what I hate to say that but I see nothing but that in your posts Bird33 :rolleyes:

Great post my man!

Onetoya, you are a good man. However, you display one of Ashland's most grating characteristics. You think everyone envies you. Actually, the old adage of being a legend in your own mind really applies to you guys. I am impressed with the basketball tradition of old Ashland High School. However, that doesn't extend to PGB. I can understand why you wouldn't want anyone to know that your eighth grade lost at home by 48 particularly when the implication was that it could have been much worse. We just need to agree to disassociate. Ashland basketball at all levels will benefit from this far more than Rose Hill over the next few years.

Personally, I think the KHSAA should step it up, making seeding the rule for all districts and making it mandatory to play each district foe twice in order to get a fair seeding.

Exactly like I said, and I will always stand by that, it is gutless to draw. Why not be men about it and hope to make it by getting a good draw. Prepare your team to be the best and if youare not the best, prepare your team to pull an upset. But most of all, do it with class instead of cowardice!!!

But thats not the topic of the tread...Ashland will not play Rose Hill.....Well why not make them play?? Vote to seed and I know Ashland would play RH. JMO and not the opinion of those in charge. Again JMHO ;)

I saw Ashland play in the AIT. They have not gotten any better. They are not near as good as they were last year with Bonner playing.

I am sure that Coach Euton would love to play Ashland's freshmen team with or with out Bonner. Why don't you get your players and parents together and go to your AD and lets reschedule the game. Maybe its because you don't want your record to become 19-3.

Rose Hill's freshmen team would beat you by as much as Coach Euton let them. I don't think they would beat you any worse then they beat Verity's 8th grade team at Verity. 48 :jump:

Ya know what really makes me laugh? I dont mean just laugh, I mean bust a gut, cheeks sore from smiling kinda laugh! It the fact that some of you Rose Hill guys get such a MASSIVE kick out of anything that you think puts you on the same level as Ashland. Its blatantly obvious, and honestly, it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling deep down in my heart. So let me thank you for that. I had really been trying to be more open minded, and less defensive about most things on BGP, but this has pretty much pushed me over the edge. If you think I was sarcastic and made crazy comments before, you aint seen nothing yet, bbbbaby you aint seen nothing yet. :lol:

Seeding? Great idea. Of course, we would need to seed the Sweet Sixteen. Think what that would usually do to the 16th Region. On the other hand, we would see the best teams advance and "clean out" the weak region champions. If seeding is the "manly" thing to do for the districts, surely it is the "manly" thing to do for the state tournament. How can you "seeders" disagree with that?

AT41 seems to be suffering from that same "legends in our own mind disease" as does Onetoya. It is only contageous for those who wear maroon.

Seeding? Great idea. Of course, we would need to seed the Sweet Sixteen. Think what that would usually do to the 16th Region. On the other hand, we would see the best teams advance and "clean out" the weak region champions. If seeding is the "manly" thing to do for the districts, surely it is the "manly" thing to do for the state tournament. How can you "seeders" disagree with that?

AT41 seems to be suffering from that same "legends in our own mind disease" as does Onetoya. It is only contageous for those who wear maroon.

:thumb: I totally agree. Seeding is the correct way to go, look at the college and pro levels and imagine what would happen if they drew? The same rules should apply at the high school level.

7. AT41 has, I suppose, publicly announced Ashland's decision to cut off association. I understand that Rose Hill had already made that decision several days ago. However, it felt no need for a public announcement. As I said, I firmly support the decision and have openly advocated it.

8. The real loser in a mutual pact of disassociation will be BGP. Think how many threads will never see the light of day. Nevertheless, because of the mutual impasse, we will still see derrogatory statements, pointed and veiled, from both camps. It just goes along with the territory.

Actually I think that Bird33 publicly announced this. He did start the thread ya know, I just confirmed it.

Wow. Interesting. Thats Fine, its your opinion and you are completely entitled to it. I would rather have the "legends in our own mind disease" than the "we always get picked on by big bad Ashland, we never do anything wrong, 2 years of glory, and some good 8th graders disease".

AT41, regardless of who gets the "credit" for breaking the story, I will again state that I firmly support the disassociation. Hopefully, it is now a policy of both schools.

Glad you liked the disease reference. Yours is a little wordy.

With all the ammunition at my disposal it was hard for me to narrow it down. I did the best I could. :thumb: