Ashland chooses not to play Rose Hill in 2006-2007

Bird33

I dont have a side one way or another, but I believe it is an absolote joke on the AD of Ashland's part not to play Rose Hill next year, and I also believe it was an absolute joke on Rose Hill's AD part not to schedule Ashland this year.

On that note, I hope Ashland fans realize that your AD just probably added fuel to Rose Hill's fire for their District matchup with your Tomcats....Could be an interesting game!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rose Hill is not playing Lynn Camp Saturday night, because Josh Hayes' mother was killed in a home fire Monday evening. Josh is a former Rose Hill player and we are going to pay our respects to him and his family.

If this is the case, this it is a very acceptable reason...Basketball is not first in Life. My observation is that Rose Hill has done a lot of rescheduling this year. Seems they have had some mis-scheduling problems, in all age groups, including grade school.

What is the reason for not scheduling them? I understand RH is not competitive in some sports. But you can't deny they are in basketball. Wouldn't this only make Ashland stronger and more prepared for the districts?

You would have to live in the Mind of the AD for a day......I have seen some weird stuff happen in this region the last few years that have really surprised me, and only continues daily. I believe we have some AD's in the area, one really comes to mind, that really likes to push all things to the limits and has no reasoning or extrems. :D

The Forfeit that you are talking about was a joke. Ashland didn't seem to care that East Carter and West Carter's freshman teams had a total of eight players that were ineligible to play in the consolation game. However, if this game would have been canceled Ashland would have lost gate money.

So, Rose Hill made a mistake, just as East and West Carter did. Why not reschedule the game?

Ashland was ask to reschedule the game, but was affraid too. The same group of 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th graders beat Ashlands freshman team by 25 and 27 points last year with Bonner playing. We all know that Ashland would not have been cutting down the net if the game would have been rescheduled.

Even Francis thought this game should have been played at a later date.

Why even enter a freshmen tourney if they knew there players were ineligible?

The Forfeit that you are talking about was a joke. Ashland didn't seem to care that East Carter and West Carter's freshman teams had a total of eight players that were ineligible to play in the consolation game. However, if this game would have been canceled Ashland would have lost gate money.

So, Rose Hill made a mistake, just as East and West Carter did. Why not reschedule the game?

Ashland was ask to reschedule the game, but was affraid too. The same group of 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th graders beat Ashlands freshman team by 25 and 27 points last year with Bonner playing. We all know that Ashland would not have been cutting down the net if the game would have been rescheduled.

Did anyone from Ashland call and report this to the KHSSA- if not WHY?

Seems to me they favor selective enforcement of rules.

What is the reason for not scheduling them? I understand RH is not competitive in some sports. But you can't deny they are in basketball. Wouldn't this only make Ashland stronger and more prepared for the districts?

Ashland already plays the toughest teams in the state any ways.

All sports, but we never regularly scheduled them in other sports anyway. FWIW they never scheduled us in other sports either....

What do mean by regularly or consecutive years . There are multiple sports they have played against each other for some time . Some I know of for at least 6 years. You should get your facts straight.

How do you know that they are afraid to play Rose Hill? Did you talk to a player or a coach who said they were scared? I know for a fact that the players on the Tomcat freshman team would have loved to silence the critics and play them. By the way, the key words in that sentence about Rose Hill beating Ashland last year is "last year." A lot can change in a year.

How do you know that they are afraid to play Rose Hill? Did you talk to a player or a coach who said they were scared? I know for a fact that the players on the Tomcat freshman team would have loved to silence the critics and play them. By the way, the key words in that sentence about Rose Hill beating Ashland last year is "last year." A lot can change in a year.

:thumb: