Hicks

Player of the Year is one honor I like. It's determined by the coaches of the region who see all of these players and get a chance to decide who they think is the best all around player. It's usually a player they hate to face the most because of scoring, passing, defense, leadership and combinations of all of those. It's not a popularity contest or an award that is determined by folks who may have their own motives or perceptions and that's why I like the way it is determined.

Hicks is a good player for sure. Gilbert is good and whoever said he can't pass is mistaken. There are other good canidates also but if it's between those two, I rather face Hicks then Gilbert if I'm a coach. And even though I'd rather face Wolfe then Hazard as a team, on an individual basis Gilbert is the all around better player I think. But.... it's not just between those two of course!

Bailey's problem is that he shoots to much.He will try to shoot the ball before he even catches it.Not athletic at all.

Bailey doesnt shoot have as much as Hicks and Gilbert.I dont know what there stats are but they shot the ball too much and thats why both teams have lost more than 10 games. Hazard hasnt lost 10 games yet but they will for sure lose 2 more.

Really hpw many shots did Bailey take against Wolfe Co. I would say around 15 or 20 and also I dont ever remember him setting up other players for easy scores. He wasn't even very dominate on the boards and was the tallest player on the court. Bailey isnt the best player in the region and he does shoot more tahn any PCC fan would admit. Amis is the better player on PCC IMO. He probably averages about the same on not near as many looks and he sets up hi steammates more.

Hicks is an outstanding player - but I wouldnt even put him in my top 3 in the region. Bailey, Gilbert, and Dixon have an all around better game than Hicks in my oppinion. I have seen quite a bit more of Gilbert and Dixon but the couple of games I seen Hicks play in - he was good but not top tier good.

Just my opinion.

It is very hard to compare Hicks to Morgan or Day, since Day and Morgan are both bigger and play a different style of game.

There is no doubt in my mind though that Hicks is a great player, and in the top 4 players in the region.

If we are considering who is the best PG then you make a good point. If we are considering who is the # 1 player in the 14th position and style of play is not a factor.

Hicks is in the top five but not #1.

Hicks is definitely one of the better players in the region but I can't say he is the best. Although I have only seen each of them play once I was more impressed with the Stepp kid from JBS because he scored more off the dribble than just setting up for the three plus I think he is a better ball handler than Hicks. But as far as three pointers are concerned I'll take Hicks.

After the first 17 games, Hicks was averaging around 20 pts per game, 80%+ from the FT line, 37% from 3pt range, but Hazard's stats have not been updated on the KHSAA website since January 25th. Not sure on assists as for some reason, they don't track those stats, but then again they don't track rebounds, blocks, or steals either.

Hicks is definitely one of the better players in the region but I can't say he is the best. Although I have only seen each of them play once I was more impressed with the Stepp kid from JBS because he scored more off the dribble than just setting up for the three plus I think he is a better ball handler than Hicks. But as far as three pointers are concerned I'll take Hicks.

Robert Paul Amis and Kenny Brandenburg are much better shooters, hitting over 40% from 3 point range.

Hicks is a great player but I truly believe Tyler Bailey is over-rated. Bailey is a spot up shooter and thats it, he is not quick or fast and can not beat his man off the dribble. I believe that next year Bailey will be the number 2 player in the region behind Hicks. This year though I believe he is a top 10 player but should not be considered in the top 5 players.