Scott County 56 Highlands 20 (JV)

jbwill2

Lost 56-20. Absolutely outmanned in this one. HHS very thin due to Varsity injuries but even with full squad, SC came to play and kicked Highlands butt. Suiting in the stands very close to SC bench am let me tell you, this was payback for Varsity game last years loss. These kids were talking it ip on sideline, like it was their JV state championship. Shame their Varsity bailed on HHS this year. Well done Scott Cty JV!

I think the issue for the Birds at both jv and varsity is that some positions have a ton of depth and some don't. The kids that are backups at some of the deeper positions should be moved to the not so deep positions..It was painfully evident last night. If you take Hayes and a couple of the wideouts and put them in the defensive backfield WC doesn't score nearly as much as they did...JMO

I think the issue for the Birds at both jv and varsity is that some positions have a ton of depth and some don't. The kids that are backups at some of the deeper positions should be moved to the not so deep positions..It was painfully evident last night. If you take Hayes and a couple of the wideouts and put them in the defensive backfield WC doesn't score nearly as much as they did...JMO

Yes, Hayes deserves more than 10-15 snaps a game.

Scott Co football is on the upswing, not surprised by this but I am surprised at the score somewhat.

I thought at Highlands kids were able to choose which side of the ball they wanted to play on? Maybe moving forward some of the Freshman and JV speedsters will see an opportunity to get some playing time in the defensive backfield. Just depends on what the kid wants to do, although I will tell you playing DB or safety is either a "hero or zero" position, hopefully some will be up to the challenge rather than get caught up in a multiple wide receiver rotation. I do wonder why Hayes hasn't moved back there, wonder if he was given the opportunity and he declined? Would be very interested to hear the answer to that question.

You know what else was "painfully evident" and I'm positive was discussed at this morning's practice is the lack of defensive scheme adjustments after WC realized they could run to the outside. Better be willing to work on that should they face JC in the playoffs. I'm sure it will get fixed. Go Birds!

I thought at Highlands kids were able to choose which side of the ball they wanted to play on? Maybe moving forward some of the Freshman and JV speedsters will see an opportunity to get some playing time in the defensive backfield. Just depends on what the kid wants to do, although I will tell you playing DB or safety is either a "hero or zero" position, hopefully some will be up to the challenge rather than get caught up in a multiple wide receiver rotation. I do wonder why Hayes hasn't moved back there, wonder if he was given the opportunity and he declined? Would be very interested to hear the answer to that question.

You are talking about next yr correct...

Yes, next year. The only player that I have seen on varsity, JV or freshman that would be of any benefit this year IMO would be Hayes.

Agreed:thumb: The young guys will need to work hard in the off season as there is going to be a few spots wide open for next yr in the Defensive backfield...:thumb: