Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dolphins 22 Bengals 20

Featured Replies

I think Miami called time out there. Miami called time out following 1st and 2nd down to save time on the clock.

 

Oh gotcha....My DirecTV was going out here and there towards the end, I thought the Bengals had called it.

 

Still scratching my head about the play call on 3rd down there though. Run the ball. Worse case, Miami burns their final TO, and you kick the FG. Best case, you get the 1st and guarantee a victory.

 

Gruden, once again, showed he was vastly overwhelmed as an NFL coordinator.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While I agree' date=' that's pretty par for the course for most NFL teams. If you look at their road record since Dalton became the starter, they're actually very good away from home.[/quote']

 

Also look at the scores in those 3 losses, pretty small margin.

The two picks the one to Green was not Greens fault it was an out route, same for the pick six. At least top to me they looked like out routes. WR's do not come back to the ball on out routes, the passes were bad throws behind the receivers.

 

This was Greens comment after the game.

On the interception:

“I should’ve came … that was my fault. Should’ve came back a little harder down the ball, trying to stay long and then get out of bounds. So I was just trying to shoot him off, I should’ve came back to the ball, that’s my fault.”

 

I understand players will normally take the responsibility but it didn't look like an "out" to me as he started to come back to it a little but not agressive enough, imo..

This was Greens comment after the game.

On the interception:

“I should’ve came … that was my fault. Should’ve came back a little harder down the ball, trying to stay long and then get out of bounds. So I was just trying to shoot him off, I should’ve came back to the ball, that’s my fault.”

 

I understand players will normally take the responsibility but it didn't look like an "out" to me as he started to come back to it a little but not agressive enough, imo..

Technically not an out but a hitch with an outside release and I think it is refreshing to see a wr own it even though I don't believe he was wrong. I like Green more and more, now AJ stop jumping to catch the ball if you do not have too and you might not drop them.

Thats like saying a guy who throws 6 Int's in one game, that he had a really good game except for 6 passes.

 

Having 4 turnovers isn't a good game no matter what you try and say.

 

The problem with this game is the fact that it really didn't surprise some of us. They played the best and most complete game they've played in years this past Sunday and too many of us were hoping they turned the corner as a team and franchise, but at the same time we kept our fingers crossed behind our backs because we've seen total flip flops with the Bengals for decades and were just hoping this year would be different. Unfortunatley it's not.

 

With that said, it doesnt' mean they aren't a good team or they won't make the playoffs, it's just that the team some thought they finally have become is not the team afterall but instead they at times become the same old Bengals they've been for a long long time.

 

It's just frustrating getting your hopes up only to have them dashed at the end again.

 

As far as the game, Dalton took serious steps back AGAIN. Last Sunday was just like the 1st week of the season, Dalton looked like he progressed really well when it came to his passes down field only to regress back to not being able to hit the side of a barn in week 2 and last night. Dalton hasn't inmproved when he keeps going back to the issues that plagued him forever.

 

I hope he plays like he's unconscious like Sunday more times than not, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for him to do it.

 

So wait one loss and it changes everything you have said the last few weeks. Two weeks ago you said the Bengals need to win at Detroit to show that they are the team we want them to be. Then last week took care of business against a team with a winning record. They currently have beat 3 teams that are ranked in the top 10 by NFL experts. The teams the Bengals have beat this year have one of the best combined records in the NFL. Yet after playing a game on short rest, without their best corner, their MLB, they starting left tackle, best defensive player Geno getting hurt in the game, playing on the road, having 4 turnovers, down 17 to 3 and yet still had a position to win the game at the end of regulation and then in overtime. That is not the same old Bengals at all, its a game that they had guys missing, didn't play their best, but still had a great chance to win in the end. That is not the same old Bengals at all. Its a good NFL team that lost a game its as simple as that. Just like San fransico losing twice to the St. Louis Rams last year, a team they had no business losing too and they lost twice to them last year. Its the NFL losses happen. It doesn't mean all of a sudden things have changed. Its a loss, its no more, no less.

Oh gotcha....My DirecTV was going out here and there towards the end, I thought the Bengals had called it.

 

Still scratching my head about the play call on 3rd down there though. Run the ball. Worse case, Miami burns their final TO, and you kick the FG. Best case, you get the 1st and guarantee a victory.

 

Gruden, once again, showed he was vastly overwhelmed as an NFL coordinator.

 

If the Bengals run the ball there and get stuffed, and then Nugent misses the field goal. People would be all over it, saying why did they play so conservative and settled for a 53 yard field goal when Nugent for his career has not been that good from 50 or beyond. Knowing that he made it, makes it easy to say they should have ran the ball. No problem with the decision to pass to try to get in better field goal range and run out the rest of the clock if they had got a first down there. The problem was Dalton deciding to throw it deep. Especially when Green had one on one coverage, but he never looked at him.

So wait one loss and it changes everything you have said the last few weeks. Two weeks ago you said the Bengals need to win at Detroit to show that they are the team we want them to be. Then last week took care of business against a team with a winning record. They currently have beat 3 teams that are ranked in the top 10 by NFL experts. The teams the Bengals have beat this year have one of the best combined records in the NFL. Yet after playing a game on short rest, without their best corner, their MLB, they starting left tackle, best defensive player Geno getting hurt in the game, playing on the road, having 4 turnovers, down 17 to 3 and yet still had a position to win the game at the end of regulation and then in overtime. That is not the same old Bengals at all, its a game that they had guys missing, didn't play their best, but still had a great chance to win in the end. That is not the same old Bengals at all. Its a good NFL team that lost a game its as simple as that. Just like San fransico losing twice to the St. Louis Rams last year, a team they had no business losing too and they lost twice to them last year. Its the NFL losses happen. It doesn't mean all of a sudden things have changed. Its a loss, its no more, no less.
It doesn't change anything. I said Dalton played great last week. I also said after the first ggame of the year I thought Dalton played great. Doesn't take anything away from Dalton when he plays great, I give him credit, but I also point out the bad games he has also.

 

I also made a post long before last nights game started in a thread that I hope the Bengals don't lay aan egg on national TV and lose to the Dolphins because so far this year they have played good on Naational TV but it is still the bengals and waiting for the other shoe to drop and hope it doesn't and thhat they have turned the corner as a team.

 

I know about the teams they beat FC, I've watched those games and listened to the GB game on the radio. I also know they lost to the Browns after the browns only won 1 game going into our game agaainst them, I also know we lost to the Bears and I also know we lost to the Dolphins after they lostt 4 straight and a team in turmoil.

 

 

Every team has guys missing FC, please don't be one of those excuse makers who pull out the injury excuse everytime the team loses. For a team that is supposed to be the deepest and most talented in the league they shouldn't use the injury excuse.

The injuries you talk about are on the defensive sid of the ball, the defeinse didn't turn the ball over 4 times and came out after being inside the 15 3 times came away with only 1 TD out of those possesions.

 

This team could very well bounce back big time their next game. We are discussing last nights game and their explosive offense didn't look explosive and the player of the month Dalton didn't throw 1 TD pass and turned the ball over 4 times.

 

IT is what it is, the bengals still have a bad habbit of being the bengals in the worse times, hopefully last night was the last one this season.

Ok there really must be a curse on this sports town in this area. 2005 Bengals have a franchise QB make the playoffs for first time, and then Palmer gets his knee torn up. The Reds sign Votto to a huge deal, and then he hurts his knee. Cueto gets hurt right away in first playoff game two years ago. I am not a UC fan but they have a great team and Kenyon Martin gets hurt. Now the Bengals do exactly what they are suppose to do and lockup their stud DT, and now his knee gets torn up. Any time this city has a team that could possibly make a run, the craziest of things happen!!!! I guarntee though if this team had sucked this year, this team somehow would have avoided the injury bug!!

 

Now I am seeing why people are so negative. Its either our teams screw it up and make dumb personnel moves, or even if they make the right decisions and put a good team on the field. Then injuries happen to our best players! Now I see why people are always waiting for something to go wrong, because it always does.

It doesn't change anything. I said Dalton played great last week. I also said after the first ggame of the year I thought Dalton played great. Doesn't take anything away from Dalton when he plays great, I give him credit, but I also point out the bad games he has also.

 

I also made a post long before last nights game started in a thread that I hope the Bengals don't lay aan egg on national TV and lose to the Dolphins because so far this year they have played good on Naational TV but it is still the bengals and waiting for the other shoe to drop and hope it doesn't and thhat they have turned the corner as a team.

 

I know about the teams they beat FC, I've watched those games and listened to the GB game on the radio. I also know they lost to the Browns after the browns only won 1 game going into our game agaainst them, I also know we lost to the Bears and I also know we lost to the Dolphins after they lostt 4 straight and a team in turmoil.

 

 

Every team has guys missing FC, please don't be one of those excuse makers who pull out the injury excuse everytime the team loses. For a team that is supposed to be the deepest and most talented in the league they shouldn't use the injury excuse.

The injuries you talk about are on the defensive sid of the ball, the defeinse didn't turn the ball over 4 times and came out after being inside the 15 3 times came away with only 1 TD out of those possesions.

 

This team could very well bounce back big time their next game. We are discussing last nights game and their explosive offense didn't look explosive and the player of the month Dalton didn't throw 1 TD pass and turned the ball over 4 times.

 

IT is what it is, the bengals still have a bad habbit of being the bengals in the worse times, hopefully last night was the last one this season.

 

Thats the thing I don't think its just the Bengals being the Bengals like the past. Its the Bengals being a good NFL team and losses will happen in the NFL. The Bengals pounding the Jets, and then the Jets turning around and beating the Saints. In the NFL today losses do happen, its not just the Bengals being the Bengals anymore. Shoot if it was the Bengals being the Bengals they would have never had a chance. Considering they had those turnovers, were down 17 to 3, the Bengals being the Bengals would have stopped. This team battled already back made big plays to take the lead with a minute left. They put it in the defenses hands that has played great all year, and they finally broke down a little and aloud the field goal.

 

So maybe its just different of opinions as usual with us lol. However in my opinion the Bengals showed that they are not the same ole Bengals. They are a good NFL team that just happened to lose. Its no more no less.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.