• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This kid has had a tough life,but he had the choice to make something

of his self or not,He chose to make it,thats it, all of the remarks he

heres goes in one ear and out the other,this kid knows who is

supporting him and is not.He has a chance to go far with his

basketball and thats what he intends to do.

IF PEOPLE

TALK ABOUT ME THAT MUCH THEN I MUST BE DOING SOMTHING

RIGHT.So that brings me to the question to ask.Why would you

want to know the failures of any kids life?

Actually, I misunderstood the failures comments and did know you were talking about his personal life issues. I admire his moving forward and growing from his hardships.

63rd District sounds like a college football bowl game.

Russell feels very fortunate to have someone in the community who wanted to donate a large amount of money to defray the costs of the tournament...She understands that by helping defray the costs, it benefits ALL schools in the district by making everyone's split substantially larger than it would have been otherwise...I look for corporate sponsorship to be the norm within a few years...

The Teresa Wright-Jarrell Century 21 Brooks Wells Enterprises 63rd District Tournament will be an exciting tournament to attend!! :thumb:

Teresa Wright-Jarrell is a very nice and generous lady who cares deeply for the Russell athletics programs as well as the players themselves. She's very kind to the players, and her contributions to them are very generous to say the least. She is a true fan.

Teresa Wright-Jarrell is a very nice and generous lady who cares deeply for the Russell athletics programs as well as the players themselves. She's very kind to the players, and her contributions to them are very generous to say the least. She is a true fan.

Yes and seems to have gotten very close to the team.

Nothing against Vanhoose, but I was actually talking about the other guy - the one that does football. He was significantly better last night, and I just want to give him his due.

I don't know if he simply controls his emotions better during basketball, or if he is getting better with practice, but there was no comparison to how he sounded between the two sports.

Frances

He does do much better with basketball.

The boy has had enough failures in his life, without you trying to add more. He is doing the best he can, with what he has....Get off his back... :mad:

Really wish you would quit pointing out failures of Owens....Us at Boyd know there are some issues and we are working on them, but we wont sit and let you rip one of boys apart daily. We are happy to have Owens and will support him. :fight:

Where was there any sort of personal insult to Owens. I have not seen any in this thread.

goosfraabaa

Russell feels very fortunate to have someone in the community who wanted to donate a large amount of money to defray the costs of the tournament...She understands that by helping defray the costs, it benefits ALL schools in the district by making everyone's split substantially larger than it would have been otherwise...I look for corporate sponsorship to be the norm within a few years...

The Teresa Wright-Jarrell Century 21 Brooks Wells Enterprises 63rd District Tournament will be an exciting tournament to attend!! :thumb:

I agree I feel like Ruseel will do a great job as a host and every Tournament now in H.S. sports seems to have a sponsorship! I'm glad that there are people that have stepped up! I was being humerous not trying to be mean I just thought it is neat to now see it at our local level! Like the 5/3rd Bank Tournament in Lexington or the Pepsi Shoot-Out @ Greenup Co. I know the Derby Classic had about 4 or 5 different sponsors @ Raceland! :thumb: