September 26, 201313 yr If he was talking about the bolded, his comments are that much more ridiculous. They've had more people attend the games this year than ever before. They're not going to go from just over 2M for a season to over 3M in one year. Just isn't going to happen, and he wasn't complaining last year, when less people were showing up. Yesterday they had 26K for a noon game in the middle of the week, during the school year. Yeah, that may not be good for places like STL or SF or NY, etc., but realistically that's as good as you're going to get in Cincinnati. The population is too spread out to think otherwise. First, the players were complaining last year. Bruce and Bailey both called out the fans down the stretch last year, and two, your missing the point. Yes, new attendance record, so what! Would you rather more fans there in the middle of June and July or would you rather them be there now? When you jockeying for position and your headed to your 3rd playoffs in 4 years after not making the playoffs for 15 years? I am willing to bet (and sweet16, who seems to be a Cards fan) can probably attest to this, but this is the time of the year the Cards fans start coming out in droves! There is a cool in the air, its close to October, there is no more exciting time of the year for a baseball fan.
September 26, 201313 yr First, the players were complaining last year. Bruce and Bailey both called out the fans down the stretch last year, and two, your missing the point. Yes, new attendance record, so what! Would you rather more fans there in the middle of June and July or would you rather them be there now? When you jockeying for position and your headed to your 3rd playoffs in 4 years after not making the playoffs for 15 years? I am willing to bet (and sweet16, who seems to be a Cards fan) can probably attest to this, but this is the time of the year the Cards fans start coming out in droves! There is a cool in the air, its close to October, there is no more exciting time of the year for a baseball fan. I honestly wouldn't care. It's his job. He's getting paid to help win baseball games, period. His comments make it sound like they're going to perform their job differently if attendance is higher. That's ridiculous.
September 26, 201313 yr I honestly wouldn't care. It's his job. He's getting paid to help win baseball games, period. His comments make it sound like they're going to perform their job differently if attendance is higher. That's ridiculous. Did you also hear when he said that Marty and Thom have green hair and that big foot was real?
September 26, 201313 yr I honestly wouldn't care. It's his job. He's getting paid to help win baseball games, period. His comments make it sound like they're going to perform their job differently if attendance is higher. That's ridiculous. He was saying what everyone knows. A jacked home field crowd gets the players jacked. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like the Cincy fans understand that. If people don't realize there's a difference between playing in front of 20K fans sitting on their hands and 35K fans going crazy for their team, it's a much worse sports town than we thought. I don't think he was saying that they haven't performed well because of the lack of fan support. I think he was pleading his case that the fans can help this team win games and it seems like they don't know it. As for your last post regarding attendance. Again, I didn't take it as fans weren't showing up. I took it as the fans that are showing up could help ignite their team.
September 26, 201313 yr I don't think he was saying that they haven't performed well because of the lack of fan support. I think he was pleading his case that the fans can help this team win games and it seems like they don't know it. Fans were jacked up last season during the postseason series against the Giants. Big help, ehh? I get what he was trying to say, I promise I do. He needs to keep his mouth shut if he can't articulate it in a manner where he doesn't sound like he's calling out the fans. That's not a good look, and leads to nothing positive happening as a result.
September 26, 201313 yr Fans were jacked up last season during the postseason series against the Giants. Big help, ehh? I get what he was trying to say, I promise I do. He needs to keep his mouth shut if he can't articulate it in a manner where he doesn't sound like he's calling out the fans. That's not a good look, and leads to nothing positive happening as a result. Obviously, it isn't the only thing necessary to win games. If that was the case the Oakland Raiders would've won the last 20 Super Bowls. I really didn't interpret as negatively as some, apparently. I guess that's the difference. I get what he said.
September 28, 201313 yr Cardinals lost Carpenter for the year. Garcia for pretty much the year. Westbrook as well. that is 2/5 of the starting rotation and then a third for a part of the year. Craig has missed all of September and Adams has stepped in. Holiday missed some time as well. To top it off they lost their closer and 8th inning set up man from last year. Motte has missed the entire season and Boggs fell completely out of the league. Add in the starting shortstop was out the entire year
September 28, 201313 yr GABP was jacked tonight. The fan energy inspired Dudwick to ground out, strike out, hit into a double play and fly out.
September 28, 201313 yr How about worrying more about hittin the ball, there Luddy??? Maybe the fans would cheer if you got your head out of your rear and produced. What a tool...
September 28, 201313 yr So the other MLB players that mentioned something to him are tools as well? Just because he said something doesn't mean he's spending a ton of time on it. Those guys work harder on their craft than most of you could fathom. To question someone's work ethic at that level is lack of knowledge.
September 28, 201313 yr If only pro athletes got the opportunity to respond to criticism the way you all get to when a player criticizes you. There is a reason that guy is making 7.5 million dollars to play a game and your paying to watch him. If you can't take his criticism, which by all account was true, then don't dish it out.
September 28, 201313 yr If only pro athletes got the opportunity to respond to criticism the way you all get to when a player criticizes you. There is a reason that guy is making 7.5 million dollars to play a game and your paying to watch him. If you can't take his criticism, which by all account was true, then don't dish it out. I just find it funny that a guy that is not producing, decides to lash out at the fans. " I can't hit a beachball, must be the fans fault"? Give me a break...
September 28, 201313 yr I just find it funny that a guy that is not producing, decides to lash out at the fans. " I can't hit a beachball, must be the fans fault"? Give me a break... And I find it funny that, that's what you believe he said. Show me where in that article Ludwick says, "you know, if the fans came out and were more energetic, id be hitting .300 and we would have won 120 games". He doesn't. And for someone who can't hit a beach ball, 7.5 million is a heck of a lot of money to pay someone. He's a big leaguer. For you to be sitting here saying that is just ignorant. Why aren't you sayin the same about Bruce? He said the same thing along with Bailey last year.
September 28, 201313 yr And I find it funny that, that's what you believe he said. Show me where in that article Ludwick says, "you know, if the fans came out and were more energetic, id be hitting .300 and we would have won 120 games". He doesn't. And for someone who can't hit a beach ball, 7.5 million is a heck of a lot of money to pay someone. He's a big leaguer. For you to be sitting here saying that is just ignorant. Why aren't you sayin the same about Bruce? He said the same thing along with Bailey last year. He's pretty much stealing that 7.5 mil. As far as the others, do anyone think that saying these things is a positive thing? Do they really think that these statement will change how fans cheer? If they think that then they are truly ignorant. As far as Luddy, how prescribing to the old axiom, "put up, or shut up". Hit the freakin ball and help the club win...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.