Any word on Ludlow or Bracken Jobs?

BigRed48

Are both jobs still open in Northern Kentucky Single A. Since Beechwood will have a new coach also that means 3 of the 7 teams will have new coaches. Just wondered if there was any movement on the jobs since it seems like they are been open for a while.

By law the schools have to have the job open for 30 days to start the interviewing process. I know the Ludlow job should garner a lot of interest seeing as they return a lot of starters. The best fit for that job would probably be Randy Borchers the defensive coordinator. He has a great relationship with the kids and from what I hear the whole team is pulling for him to get the job.

As far as Bracken County, i'm not really sure what's going on there. I know that they have been struggling since the program was established and whoever the new coach is, he's going to have to be patient with the team.

The best fit for that job would probably be Randy Borchers the defensive coordinator. He has a great relationship with the kids and from what I hear the whole team is pulling for him to get the job.

QUOTE]

Could that be the reason he backed out of the Scott job after he took the job last year because he knew this job would be open?

The best fit for that job would probably be Randy Borchers the defensive coordinator. He has a great relationship with the kids and from what I hear the whole team is pulling for him to get the job.

QUOTE]

Could that be the reason he backed out of the Scott job after he took the job last year because he knew this job would be open?

Could be one of the reasons he stayed. He is very loyal to the guys on the team.

QUOTE]

I believe that probably is the main reason IMO. As deepthreat said he has a great relationship with the kids and the community, so I know I really hope he gets the job because he deserves it and will do a good job.

I really hope Bracken County gets a very dedicated coach. It is such a nice school, good kids and parents. They have struggled so much getting the program off the ground which is not easy given the level of competition in Northern Kentucky. I know it hasnt been easy getting beat so badly game after game. Still, I bet with the right coaching team, they could be contenders soon.

Your right. They do need a very dedicated coach. I believe it goes deeper than that. They have to have an administration that is dedicated to football as well. I've spoken with several Bracken parents who feel that is not the case. They beleive that football is not a priority. Until that changes, I would not look for Bracken to win any more than 1 or 2 games a year, especially in their district.

I really hope Bracken County gets a very dedicated coach. It is such a nice school, good kids and parents. They have struggled so much getting the program off the ground which is not easy given the level of competition in Northern Kentucky. I know it hasnt been easy getting beat so badly game after game. Still, I bet with the right coaching team, they could be contenders soon.

Is their administration anti-football, or more pro-education? Seems crazy to start a program and not put your full backing to it. Not fair to the coaches, kids or anyone else.

I am sure they have talent in that school. They need someone to find it and develop it. A good sports program brings pride and unity to a school. I would hope the administration would support that.