Is there a rule about admission prices?

$6 to get into a field that was a glorified cow pasture..........with a concession stand run out of the back of a truck..........and a port-o-let with a door that would not even lock.......and not enough stands for everyone. Yes.........that's worth $1 more than anyone else charges.

Unfortunately we do not get tax dollars to provide spacious and luxurious accommodations like some are provided, but we do the best with what we got and still put some of the best teams in the state on the field.

Here's an Idea, eat something before the game or bring a bottled water and a candy bar with you so you don't need to visit the back of the truck. Also, take a "dump" before you get there and you don't have to visit the port-o-let and get there earlier to get a seat in the stands.

I'm done venting :lol:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped by the NCC game today to watch Montgomery County because we may play them later in tournament play and entry was only $5. A parent told me that the entry fee was increased to $6 just for the CovCath fans.

That's Ok........it was worth the extra $1 to beat their *** on their own luxurious field.

The price has been $6 all season and we actually paid $6 today. Someone working the gate probably let you in for $5 and someone was being sarcastic with the Cov Cath remark. Come on people - it is a $1 you are complaining about - who cares? Sorry our "cow pasture/dump" isn't up to your standards.

I'll be the 1st to admit.........I take full advantage of my KHSAA coaches pass. Go to every (home and away) NewCath football, basketball, volleyball, & some soccer, as well as, maybe 5-6 unrelated football games and a good 20 plus basketball games. Coaches pass gets me and a guest free admission to any Ky high school regular season sporting event , as well as, some playoff and tournament events. Also gets you in free to some college venues as well.:thumb:

BTW, the last 4 years my salary for coaching.......ZIP, ZERO ,NADA. Only softball head coaches at NewCath get a stipend, the lowly assistant makes up for it with the coaches pass. :lol2:

Same here. I'm at every home and 80% of the away events, plus about 30-40 other basketball games.

What college events, Lawnboy?? PM me the deets on this!!

I'll pay my $6, no problem.

But make it free for my younger kids that I have to bring because it is illegal to leave them at home alone. :lol2: (And they don't even want to be there in the first place!)

I promise that my kids will spend twice the admission price at the concession stand. :lol2:

But make it free for my younger kids that I have to bring because it is illegal to leave them at home alone. :lol2: (And they don't even want to be there in the first place!)

I promise that my kids will spend twice the admission price at the concession stand. :lol2:

I agree with this. Students for $1 and under 12 free

Except when you attend a basketball game at BBHS. As a member of the khsaa with a pass, every time I've tried to use it out there I've been told "we aren't honoring those passes tonight". And it wasn't for tournament games or fundraisers. A typical weekday night. As active members in good standing with the NKAC, why are they allowed to make their own rules, but when their members attend games at other schools, their passes are honored, with a guest?

Except when you attend a basketball game at BBHS. As a member of the khsaa with a pass, every time I've tried to use it out there I've been told "we aren't honoring those passes tonight". And it wasn't for tournament games or fundraisers. A typical weekday night. As active members in good standing with the NKAC, why are they allowed to make their own rules, but when their members attend games at other schools, their passes are honored, with a guest?

I know when NewCath boys hoops played out there last year, coaches pass only worked BUT no guest allowed in free. IMO, it is due to the fact that the Brossarts gym is so small and with the expected sellout crowd they wanted to maximize their take.....I got ZERO problem with it.

Hoops I totally agree. Was at a game Saturday night.......not going to mention the team as to not embarass....but let's say it was a "Catholic" school in "Lexington...wink, wink.....

$6 bucks to get into the very nice stadium .......no problem, except that kids were also $6 bucks.......boy did thid cause the annoying guy sitting n front of me with soft drink all over his pants to complain the entire time...........

Hoops I totally agree. Was at a game Saturday night.......not going to mention the team as to not embarass....but let's say it was a "Catholic" school in "Lexington...wink, wink.....

$6 bucks to get into the very nice stadium .......no problem, except that kids were also $6 bucks.......boy did thid cause the annoying guy sitting n front of me with soft drink all over his pants to complain the entire time...........

This is a joke IMO. I think hoops5 mentioned, kids under 12 should be free....they will make up for it at the concession stand.

About 7-8 years ago I went to a high school soccer game and they wanted to charge me $3 for my then 3 or 4 year old daughter. I told the guy at the gate something like, "no way in hell"! and gave him money for me and kept walking in.