August 9, 201313 yr Author Burkhead is running with a purpose. I do not care what part of the game it is, This kid is running hard and making coaches take notice.
August 9, 201313 yr Author Skelton, who I like a lot throws a sweet pass to Sanzenbacher for another Cincy score.
August 9, 201313 yr Author Herron, another Buckeye had a couple of nice runs on that scoring drive. I like the way all of the backs have ran for Cincy in this one.
August 9, 201313 yr Was hoping Skelton would be the #2 quarterback tonight. I bet he was hoping the same.
August 9, 201313 yr What I took away from this game. No major injuries to frontliners, always big in preseason, we lost Wharton and Dunlap in 1st preseason game last year. Hawkinson injury looks bad and Ghee (always something) left with head injury. 1st and 2nd team Defense looked as expected. A little concerning they gave up one big play of 30-40 yards to Douglas on an underneath route. Dalton was Dalton which is he gets them into the correct plays and doesn't do stupid stuff often. He still missed a pretty easy out route to Tate. Two series isn't a complete eval because Matty Ice looked about the same. JJ looked great with feet and TD pass, very poor with short route passing. He will be no challenge to Dalton, although good back up. He is not here to challenge for starter, and shouldn't be. Skelton had a beautiful TD pass to Saltzenberger who really made an NFL squad tonight. He's still on the bubble here, Hawkins recovery will be a factor. Most concerning are the pre snap penalties. They are momentum killers. Overall a good performance, but this is a preseason game. Finally, the biggest concern is the center. I don't think we have an NFL caliber person at that position. Robinson is still aching from the pec surgery. He might come around, but I am not hopeful.
August 9, 201313 yr The 4th oline penalty lol. That is a Marvin Lewis coached team for you. That's preseason for you.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.