Blackmon decomitting from Indiana

dawgs83

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't follow recruiting. What kind of talent is he? What position does he play?

2C, I highlighted the answers to your questions. Here is a article that explains alot:

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1534157

James Blackmon Jr. may or may not end up playing basketball at Indiana, but he wants to be certain of his choice.

That's how he explained his decision to de-commit from Indiana today and re-open his recruitment.

The 2014 guard from Marion, Ind., told Peegs.com that he hasn't had any options for comparison and wants that before signing.

Blackmon, a 6-foot-3 combo guard, is ranked 33rd in the 2014 Rivals150. He said he still plans to sign in November.

Blackmon committed to Indiana on Sept. 3, 2010.

"Right now, IU is still somewhere I want to go. It's still No. 1 on my list. The coaches didn't do anything wrong or anything like that. Nothing went wrong," Blackmon Jr. told Peegs.com.

[TABLE=width: 208, align: left]

[TR]

[TD=width: 202]1409574.jpg[/TD]

[TD=width: 6]spacer1.gif[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]Mike Pegram, Peegs.com[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]spacer1.gif[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]James Blackmon Jr. today re-opened his recruitment.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1534157[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

"I just want to take a last look, since it's probably the biggest decision of my life.

"I just thought about it a couple days ago. Since I've been committed for so long, since before my freshman basketball season, I've never seen anything else. I just want to put it up against something else and see where that takes me."

Blackmon Jr. said he's serious about still possibly attending Indiana and emphasized it isn't lip service. He said he remains very sure about IU and just wants to be certain.

Same here.

Interesting that more and more of the 'second tier' guys are hoping to commit in the fall while the top guys are waiting till spring. Would UK be willing to take Blackmon, Lyles or Snider and possibly miss out on the big names? For years the big boys have wanted these guys to hold off till spring and be 'back up' plans in the event their main target doesn't sign.