Blackmon decomitting from Indiana

dawgs83

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he's the best guard in Indiana. Might take Bluiett there, but it is close...

I'm guessing it's a broader view than that since DD coached his son's AAU team.

Daniels says he could be the top shooter in the class.

I'm guessing it's a broader view than that since DD coached his son's AAU team.

Daniels says he could be the top shooter in the class.

If he saw Mudiay, Jones, S. Johnson, Vaughn, Exum, Aaron, Berry, Perkins or Whitehead and thought Blackmon was better he is even worse at evaluating talent than I already knew. He's in that next tier with guys like Russell, Snider. Newton, Booker, Bluiett and Allen.

I think I'd take Bluiett as a better pure shooter, and probably Booker as well. That said Blackmon can flat out fill it up when rolling. Fun kid to watch play...

Aren't your Cats hard after him?

Not really. Michigan and Butler still seem to be pretty far out in front. Will be interesting to see if IU gets more involved now. Just like what Bluiett brings more consistently than Blackmon. Bluiett is one of those guys that will get you 12-15 points on a regular basis while Blackmon will have his off nights but get you 25 when he's on...

Not really. Michigan and Butler still seem to be pretty far out in front. Will be interesting to see if IU gets more involved now. Just like what Bluiett brings more consistently than Blackmon. Bluiett is one of those guys that will get you 12-15 points on a regular basis while Blackmon will have his off nights but get you 25 when he's on...

Hmmm....thanks for the info. I was thinking UC was after him, but I must be thinking of someone else.

Can Blackmon handle the ball well? How is his D?

If he saw Mudiay, Jones, S. Johnson, Vaughn, Exum, Aaron, Berry, Perkins or Whitehead and thought Blackmon was better he is even worse at evaluating talent than I already knew. He's in that next tier with guys like Russell, Snider. Newton, Booker, Bluiett and Allen.

I think I'd take Bluiett as a better pure shooter, and probably Booker as well. That said Blackmon can flat out fill it up when rolling. Fun kid to watch play...

Two questions:

Are you saying DD doesnt recognize talent?

Are you a better evaluator than him?

Two questions:

Are you saying DD doesnt recognize talent?

Are you a better evaluator than him?

1. Based on some of the absurd things he says on the radio about recruits and their ability coupled with the poor job he did as an assistant, that is exactly what I'm saying.

2. If he thinks Blackmon is the best guard in this class......

1. Based on some of the absurd things he says on the radio about recruits and their ability coupled with the poor job he did as an assistant, that is exactly what I'm saying.

I don't get to listen as much as I used to. Give me some examples of what he's said to cause you to have your opinion.

I don't get to listen as much as I used to. Give me some examples of what he's said to cause you to have your opinion.

Looking for exact quotes but can't find them. Standard problem is what we are talking about here overhyping a kid from Indiana when it isn't even close to reality...

Looking for exact quotes but can't find them. Standard problem is what we are talking about here overhyping a kid from Indiana when it isn't even close to reality...

How can we tell his ability to judge talent by his time as an assistant at IU?