July 29, 201313 yr Author I don't know that this is obscure, but no way anyone ever breaks Hack Wilson's record of 191 RBI in a season in 1930. Probably true...............unless MLB ever expands by two teams to get 16 in each league and eliminate the schedule oddities. Expansion does all kinds of things to records. Mainly offensive ones.
July 29, 201313 yr Probably true...............unless MLB ever expands by two teams to get 16 in each league and eliminate the schedule oddities. Expansion does all kinds of things to records. Mainly offensive ones. This record was set in 1930, way before expansion, and no one in the last 50 years has been even close to breaking. You'd have to average over an RBI a game to get there. Which means you have to come up in a lot of RBI situations, so you'd have to have teammates ahead of you that get on all the time. This record survived PED's easily. Unless you add more games, no way this gets broken.
July 29, 201313 yr This record was set in 1930, way before expansion, and no one in the last 50 years has been even close to breaking. You'd have to average over an RBI a game to get there. Which means you have to come up in a lot of RBI situations, so you'd have to have teammates ahead of you that get on all the time. This record survived PED's easily. Unless you add more games, no way this gets broken. A 154-game season. Trivia - Hack Wilson was a human fire plug. 5'6" tall, 190 pounds, 18" neck and wore either size 5.5 or size 6 shoes, depending on which web site you visit.
July 30, 201313 yr Author Al Kaline 399 homers......never hit 30 in a season. Bob Horner of Atlanta hit 4 home runs in a game and the Braves lost 11-8. Hank Aaron hit at least 10 home runs for 23 consecutive seasons.
July 31, 201313 yr I don't think anyone will ever win the "Juan Samuel Triple Crown" again. I think the year was 86 or 87 when Juan Samuel led the league in Errors, Strike Outs, and Caught Stealing.
July 31, 201313 yr I don't think anyone will ever win the "Juan Samuel Triple Crown" again. I think the year was 86 or 87 when Juan Samuel led the league in Errors, Strike Outs, and Caught Stealing. Wow, what a bad year
July 31, 201313 yr I don't think anyone will ever win the "Juan Samuel Triple Crown" again. I think the year was 86 or 87 when Juan Samuel led the league in Errors, Strike Outs, and Caught Stealing. Being from the Mid Atlantic states, and a big Phillies fan, I remember Samuel well. And while he had a ton of skills, he left a lot to be desired too. And I couldn't remember this ever happening. 1987 was his best year ever. And yes he did lead the league in strikeouts 4 times, but I can't find any reference at all to this "Triple Crown". According to Baseball Reference.com, he NEVER lead the league in errors or caught stealing. Juan Samuel Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com
August 1, 201313 yr If you google "juan samuel triple play" it does show up but ur right. I can't find the exact year
August 1, 201313 yr You guys need to follow ESPN Stats and Info and Elias on twitter. It if filled with this type stuff, especially during baseball season.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.