Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ranking Class 2A

Featured Replies

What will the top in 2A look like in the pre-season? What teams will surprise us? What normal top 10 teams will not be as good as expected? I'll start with what I expect. What do you think?

 

1. Caldwell County

2. Newport Central Catholic

3. Owensboro Catholic

4. Somerset

5. Murray

6. Danville

7. Christian Academy-Louisville

8. Lexington Christian

9. Bardstown

10. DeSales

 

Others:

Glasgow

Hancock County

Green County

Middlesboro

Union County

  • Replies 64
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All 4 teams from District 7 in top 15, District looks to be tough.

IMO it is Caldwell County's to lose this season.

I need to do some research on Murray first. Also, I'm curious to see if Danville has a bump with a new coach

I need to do some research on Murray first. Also, I'm curious to see if Danville has a bump with a new coach

Based on last few years Danville is ranked too high...but I'll give them benefit of the doubt with new coach and new excitement that generates.

Prestonsburg is the X Factor you left out.

 

Blackcats were extremely young last season but improved leaps and bounds entering the playoffs in spite of a never ending string of injuries. Knocked off Middlesboro and gave Danville all they wanted. I think they only lost 9 Seniors.

 

They key will be the Anderson kid, their best playmaker. Supposedly he is on the fence about whether he will play football or focus on other sports. With Anderson Pburg is a Top 10 team..without him they are a team in need of a playmaker.

Prestonsburg is the X Factor you left out.

 

Blackcats were extremely young last season but improved leaps and bounds entering the playoffs in spite of a never ending string of injuries. Knocked off Middlesboro and gave Danville all they wanted. I think they only lost 9 Seniors.

 

They key will be the Anderson kid, their best playmaker. Supposedly he is on the fence about whether he will play football or focus on other sports. With Anderson Pburg is a Top 10 team..without him they are a team in need of a playmaker.

 

How improved will the Blackcat's defense be this season? They've had a really hard time stopping people the last couple of seasons. I think that, moreso than playmakers on offense, will determine their success this season--especially against Somerset, Middlesboro, Danville or LCA in the playoffs.

Glasgow should be #5 at the very least, returning all the starters they do. They will be the only thing in Caldwell's way from the west side.

Glasgow should be #5 at the very least, returning all the starters they do. They will be the only thing in Caldwell's way from the west side.

 

How many do they return on each side of the ball? Who do we need to watch for? I like Glasgow, I'm just very up to date on their team.

How many do they return on each side of the ball? Who do we need to watch for? I like Glasgow, I'm just very up to date on their team.

 

Glasgow returns 9 starters on each side of the ball. Roster includes 17 Seniors and 13 Juniors and almost all of them either started multiple games or saw significant playing time last year. Should be an interesting year.

Glasgow returns 9 starters on each side of the ball. Roster includes 17 Seniors and 13 Juniors and almost all of them either started multiple games or saw significant playing time last year. Should be an interesting year.
Is Somerset and Glasgow @SHS or @GHS?
Is Somerset and Glasgow @SHS or @GHS?

 

@SHS on September 20th.

What will the top in 2A look like in the pre-season? What teams will surprise us? What normal top 10 teams will not be as good as expected? I'll start with what I expect. What do you think?

 

1. Caldwell County

2. Newport Central Catholic

3. Owensboro Catholic

4. Somerset

5. Murray

6. Danville

7. Christian Academy-Louisville

8. Lexington Christian

9. Bardstown

10. DeSales

 

Others:

Glasgow

Hancock County

Green County

Middlesboro

Union County

NewCath has a new head coach, although he has been on staff for years. They did loose a number of players at skill positions and a good number of lineman also. Ranking them 2nd may be too high at this point. History tells us they will be there at the end, but it may be a real struggle this year.

Caldwell Co. the best team BY FAR going into the season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.