3 Favorite Tom Hanks Films

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching A League of their Own right now. Couple of observations:

The scene when the chick missed the cutoff man and Hanks shakes violently but manages to not make her cry is classic. I still laugh hard.

I hate Kit so much that I hate Geena Davis in real life for Dottie dropping that ball on purpose so Kit could finally win. Every time I see that scene I get agitated like Duke losing to UNC at home on Senior Night. I just watched that scene and I'm so heated I'll be awake for another hour.

Because of that sequence I can't put A League of their Own in my top 3. Dottie ruined a masterful Tom Hanks performance.

Love her or hate her but Rosie O'Donnell was excellent in this movie.

The Racine Belles bus said

"Racine Belles......dirt in the skirt" :no:

Watching A League of their Own right now. Couple of observations:

The scene when the chick missed the cutoff man and Hanks shakes violently but manages to not make her cry is classic. I still laugh hard.

I hate Kit so much that I hate Geena Davis in real life for Dottie dropping that ball on purpose so Kit could finally win. Every time I see that scene I get agitated like Duke losing to UNC at home on Senior Night. I just watched that scene and I'm so heated I'll be awake for another hour.

Because of that sequence I can't put A League of their Own in my top 3. Dottie ruined a masterful Tom Hanks performance.

Love her or hate her but Rosie O'Donnell was excellent in this movie.

The Racine Belles bus said

"Racine Belles......dirt in the skirt" :no:

Also watching it. Love the scene where Hanks is shaking like you described.

Letting the sister win did not bother me as much as Dottie leaving to get married.

1. Apollo 13.

2. Gump

3. A League of Their Own

Really, too many to narrow it to just three. These are three movies I can watch just about anytime start to finish though.

I know I'm putting them ahead of some iconic films like Philadelphia and Saving Private Ryan. More likely just because of the comfort of viewing for me.

And so many of his others are favorites of mine: Big, Splash, Money Pit, The Terminal, and on it goes...