What team, players, or coaches are looking forward to watching this year?

It's almost here. Football season. Ahhh. Anyway, what specific team, individual player or coach are you looking forward to watch this year? Any level

I am going to watch Adam Wagner QB CCH to see how he fills the shoes of Blake Bir. I am going to watch Cov Cath in a whole, I'm anxious to see if they can step up and replace those who have left. Also, in really anxious to see how Ted Edgington works with the Cov Cath Frosh. Think it will be a good year for him and the boys.

Notice I am all CCH. I still bleed blue!!

Good thread. It definitely got me thinking - who are the players and teams to watch this season in N. Ky.? It seems like there was a lot of "name" turnover last year. Here is a list that comes to mind as I think about it:

- Barker, Conner - One of the highest recruits ever in N. Ky. so he is a must see

- Hope and True, Highlands - I am sure there are other names that Bluebird fans will fill in.

- Burchell and Dressman, CCH - Burchell is one of the bigger returning names in N. Ky. Dressman may be one of the most interesting players to watch this year. Tremendous talent if healthy - how will Wirth use him?

- Beechwood Super Sophs - Never has Beechwood had a group of sophomores that will be counted on to start and/or play significant minutes like this year's crew; Fieger, QB; Stringer, RB/WR/DB; Slusher, WR/LB; Bankemper, LB; Combs, OT/DE.

- Scott Eagles - Will this be the team that finally makes a winning impact at Scott? There are high hopes with talent in the senior class.

- Boone Co. - This team is going to be a real story this year. A new coach and whole new philosophy. Football will be played in a way that Boone Co. fans have never seen before.

- Drew Moore, QB, Dixie - One of the more dynamic QB's in N. Ky. last year as a sophomore. How good will he be in 2013?

- Jacob Smith, New Cath - He made a big impact in the playoffs last year. I am thinking a lot will be on his shoulders in 2013 as a sophomore. He could turn into a breakout story.

- Wil Latimore, Walton - Very talented player. I think we are going to hear a lot about him in 2013. A fun kick returner to watch.

- Bricking and Morgan, Cooper - I believe Bricking may be the leading rusher in N. Ky. at season's end. Morgan is one of the fastest players in the region and will be a standout on both sides of the ball.

- Kuntz, QB, Simon Kenton - Very good numbers last year and got better as the season went on. Does he move to the next level of quality in 2013?

Mason County, as always. Sr. RB Nelson is what he is; it will be fun to watch the development of JR QB O'Mara.

By extension, I will be following Russell, Fleming County, East and West Carter.

Also Raceland and Fairview.

I plan to see Drew Barker this year to check out my buddy Coach Boyd at Conner.

I hope to be bale to catch a Larue County game.

I hope to catch a Highlands game...possibly Highlands/CovCath so I can scratch that off the bucket list. I had a great time in Ft. Thomas and need to make that a yearly trip.

Those are my top 3 choices this season.

I'll see Boyle County/Danville, Boyle County/LexCath and Boyle County/Mercer County if they don't coincide with plans to catch my those 3 teams I listed.

Beechwood - Bery interested in the 3 sophs to see how they can help BW back to state

Boone - New coach and how he can turn around a program that has the talent to be something special in the district this year.

Conner - Barker in his last year with all the recruiting out of the way, how he can lead the team down state with all the college pressure now off his shoulders.

Cooper - Very interested in how sev players will be used and to see how they follow up last years success.

I'm excited to see Madison Southern, went to see the Kentayvus Hopkins vs. Damien Harris matchup last season and Harris was injured. I'll hopefully check him out against Rockcastle Co. opening week.

Danville under the new coaching staff, I'll check em out against Boyle Co.

I wanna see how Paris youth has matured, Brian Washington usually does great things in years 2-3. I'll see them against Bethlehelm.

Of course Bourbon County without Kentayvus Hopkins, can Pope, Johnson, Hilander, Mitchell, Holman, etc. carry the load? I'll see them againt Garrard Co.

One player I can't wait to see is Laafayette's Kylan Nelson and I'll see him against Madison Central saw him against Henry Clay last year and kid looked good.

Good thread. It definitely got me thinking - who are the players and teams to watch this season in N. Ky.? It seems like there was a lot of "name" turnover last year. Here is a list that comes to mind as I think about it:

- Barker, Conner - One of the highest recruits ever in N. Ky. so he is a must see

- Hope and True, Highlands - I am sure there are other names that Bluebird fans will fill in.

- Burchell and Dressman, CCH - Burchell is one of the bigger returning names in N. Ky. Dressman may be one of the most interesting players to watch this year. Tremendous talent if healthy - how will Wirth use him?

- Beechwood Super Sophs - Never has Beechwood had a group of sophomores that will be counted on to start and/or play significant minutes like this year's crew; Fieger, QB; Stringer, RB/WR/DB; Slusher, WR/LB; Bankemper, LB; Combs, OT/DE.

- Scott Eagles - Will this be the team that finally makes a winning impact at Scott? There are high hopes with talent in the senior class.

- Boone Co. - This team is going to be a real story this year. A new coach and whole new philosophy. Football will be played in a way that Boone Co. fans have never seen before.

- Drew Moore, QB, Dixie - One of the more dynamic QB's in N. Ky. last year as a sophomore. How good will he be in 2013?

- Jacob Smith, New Cath - He made a big impact in the playoffs last year. I am thinking a lot will be on his shoulders in 2013 as a sophomore. He could turn into a breakout story.

- Wil Latimore, Walton - Very talented player. I think we are going to hear a lot about him in 2013. A fun kick returner to watch.

- Bricking and Morgan, Cooper - I believe Bricking may be the leading rusher in N. Ky. at season's end. Morgan is one of the fastest players in the region and will be a standout on both sides of the ball.

- Kuntz, QB, Simon Kenton - Very good numbers last year and got better as the season went on. Does he move to the next level of quality in 2013?

Great list VOR, one you need to add to the BW list is Riley McKown, DT, the kid started as a soph last year and is ready for a breakout season. Most don't pay much attention to interior defensive lineman, but he is one to watch for, good size, good strength, and quick off the line of scrimmage. BW will also have a number of Jr's that will have a huge impact on their season, Studer, Talley, Stokes and the Bright twins just to mention a few.

Who do you consider "the 3 sophs"?

Fieger, Stringer and Slusher. I'm really interested in how the 3 turn the offense around I'm also interested in Butns as a wr.

I think he can be a very good compliment and may surprise some people this year.