King & Maxwell Series

I never read the David Baldacci novels. I didn't even know the show was based on these novels. I liked the concept of former secret service guy/ girl team working as private eyes. I watched and I was entertained. I came in with no preconceptions on what the characters were supposed to be like or no prior knowledge of plot lines. It was funny, had decent action and it made you keep up a it to understand what was going on. I'll be watching next Monday.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never read the David Baldacci novels. I didn't even know the show was based on these novels. I liked the concept of former secret service guy/ girl team working as private eyes. I watched and I was entertained. I came in with no preconceptions on what the characters were supposed to be like or no prior knowledge of plot lines. It was funny, had decent action and it made you keep up a it to understand what was going on. I'll be watching next Monday.

It could be better that way. As soon as I saw Rebecca Romjin running I was disappointed. No way Michelle runs like that.

Watched the first 10 minutes and have it recorded and will finish it soon. Not a huge fan so far. Rebecca Romjin sucks as the chick. She's already ruined the character for me in the first 10 minutes. If I don't like what I see the rest of the way I probably won't watch it. The first 10 minutes was cheesy and predictable and Rebecca looks like an idiot running.

Kinda how I felt as well. I was pretty worn out though, so I turned it back to the Reds game and fell asleep. I will probably finish it over the weekend.

Kinda how I felt as well. I was pretty worn out though, so I turned it back to the Reds game and fell asleep. I will probably finish it over the weekend.

Yeah, I am going to give it a chance but my visuals of the characters are already tainted. They have work to do.

I watched the rest of it last night and it picks up quite a bit. I give it a B- so far maybe. I'd probably like it more if I hadn't read a bunch of his books, but I probably wouldn't have known about it or paid attention if I hadn't read his books too.

Good point.

Yeah, I am going to give it a chance but my visuals of the characters are already tainted. They have work to do.
I know what you mean. When ever I read Robert B Parker's Jessie Stone I see and hear Tom Selleck in my minds eye

• 3 weeks later...

Last night's episode I thought was the best so far. However, I was left with two thoughts afterwards...

1.) I don't think I really am all that impressed with Rebecca Romijn as an actress. Not just as this particular character (I hadn't read the books beforehand anyway), but in general. Just something about her.

2.) Seeing Catherine Bell as a guest star, reminded me of how much I miss JAG.

Last night's episode I thought was the best so far. However, I was left with two thoughts afterwards...

1.) I don't think I really am all that impressed with Rebecca Romijn as an actress. Not just as this particular character (I hadn't read the books beforehand anyway), but in general. Just something about her.

2.) Seeing Catherine Bell as a guest star, reminded me of how much I miss JAG.

That could be it for me. I have pretty much bailed on this show after the first 10 minutes because Rebecca Romjin has ruined that character for me. Maybe it is because she is such a horrible actress that even I can see it and so the interest is lost. She's ruined Michelle for me. Ruined her. I'm sticking to the books.

Maybe I have a short memory but I just don't see Shawn or Michelle from the books in these two characters on TV. They seam more clowny then I remember from the books. I just started "The 6th Man" so I will let you know if i still feel that way after I finish it.

Maybe I have a short memory but I just don't see Shawn or Michelle from the books in these two characters on TV. They seam more clowny then I remember from the books. I just started "The 6th Man" so I will let you know if i still feel that way after I finish it.

Definitely too clowny. I expected the show to have a more serious and intense feel to it. Like 24 or Scandal. These guys are cracking jokes and whatnot. Nothing at all like the characters from the book IMO.

The first 10 minutes ruined it for me though. Just seeing Rebecca run.....:no: