King & Maxwell Series

I didn't want it to get lost in the "What Are You Reading" thread because I know there are quite a few David Baldacci fans on BGP. A new series is starting, based on his novels, on Monday, June 10th at 10pm on TNT. I'm currently reading the fourth, First Family, of this five book series. I've always said that I thought his books would make great movies.

Anyone else going to check it out?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be interested in how the readers feel about casting the reoccurring characters. Reading allows us to imagine what each is like and how they look. I am also a fan of Janet Evanovich and was so disappointed when One For The Money was brought to the big screen. It should have been funny and sexy and most of the casting and story line was just wrong. I really hope this is a good series.

They have it set for 3 episodes so far. I guess this is a trial run or something. I am interested in seeing how Rebecca Romjin does as Michelle. She definitely looks how I would imagine Michelle to look. Hopefully she can pull off her Olympic quality athleticism.

I've read a couple of Baldacci's books, but nothing from this series yet. I'll definitely be tuning it in.

As to Jaysie's comments about how reading allows us to imagine what the characters are like, I can't read a Robert B. Parker book without hearing Robert Urich (Spenser), Avery Brooks (Hawk), and Tom Selleck's (Jesse Stone) voices in my head. And that's fine with me.

I've read a couple of Baldacci's books, but nothing from this series yet. I'll definitely be tuning it in.

As to Jaysie's comments about how reading allows us to imagine what the characters are like, I can't read a Robert B. Parker book without hearing Robert Urich (Spenser), Avery Brooks (Hawk), and Tom Selleck's (Jesse Stone) voices in my head. And that's fine with me.

same here

I like the King & Maxwell series better then the Camel Club. I've read the first 4 of King & Maxwell but only the first 2 of Camel Club.

If you've not read them you should try the A. Shaw, John Puller, and Will Robbie series. All 3 are good.

Anybody catch last night's show? For someone that was unfamiliar with the characters, I thought was a decent to good, but not great, episode. As with most series premieres, there's a lot of backstory to catch the viewers up with, which probably slowed it down a bit. But, I'm looking forward to the next one!

Watched the first 10 minutes and have it recorded and will finish it soon. Not a huge fan so far. Rebecca Romjin sucks as the chick. She's already ruined the character for me in the first 10 minutes. If I don't like what I see the rest of the way I probably won't watch it. The first 10 minutes was cheesy and predictable and Rebecca looks like an idiot running.