NKY JV Tournaments Brackets

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any stats? All I know is Justin Lehkamp got the win. He has pitched great for the Eagles all year.

Ben Osborne 2-4 two run Double in the 4th. 2RBI

Eli Sowder 2-5 RBI

Cameron Kinney 2-5

Jake Ohmer 2-2

Justin Lehkamp 5 Innings 2 runs off 6 hits. Improves record to 6-1.

Cov Cath's 3 hitter hit a Two run Double in the fifth to cut the lead in half. They added one run in the 7th and had the bases loaded with two outs and they flew out to center with the tying run on second base. Entertaining Game and a great crowd.

Dixie Jv loses to Conner. Conner team well coached and Dixie overcoached. Coaches put together worst lineup/game plan of season. Never tried to steal a base resulting in at least 3 double plays, Dh for 1st baseman, DH strikes out 3 times. Put back up catcher and everyday DH in left field for first start of year on windiest day of year resulting in 2 run error(felt bad for kid), when coach subbed, 1st baseman(only kid who could have hit long ball) was put in the previous 1st basemans non hitter spot on order. Had runner tag from third on a ball that was closer to infield fly than it was real fly ball resulting in a double play. Dixie kids had no chance considering all these moves. Conner played well and deserved the victory

Dixie Jv loses to Conner. Conner team well coached and Dixie overcoached. Coaches put together worst lineup/game plan of season. Never tried to steal a base resulting in at least 3 double plays, Dh for 1st baseman, DH strikes out 3 times. Put back up catcher and everyday DH in left field for first start of year on windiest day of year resulting in 2 run error(felt bad for kid), when coach subbed, 1st baseman(only kid who could have hit long ball) was put in the previous 1st basemans non hitter spot on order. Had runner tag from third on a ball that was closer to infield fly than it was real fly ball resulting in a double play. Dixie kids had no chance considering all these moves. Conner played well and deserved the victory

1) If you don't have a kid that can steal on first base, you don't attempt the steal.

2) The back up catcher and everyday DH also plays outfield and has started many games out there this year in addition to entering into games out there.

3) The 1st base sub is not the only one who could have hit a long ball. Plus hitting is more than just the ability to hit a long ball.

As for your other comments, I was not there to see the game so I can't comment.

Beechwood beats Highlands 3-1

Saw the final 3 innings of this one. Both pitchers were dealing. SO Bunning for Birds had good stuff when I was there and defense played well behind him. Beechwood P also had very good control, velocity and change of speed.

Key play for the time I was there occurred B6. Birds with 1st & 3rd and 1 out. Runner from 1st stealing 2nd. 2B covering against RH hitter. Line drive up the middle caught by 2B for a DP. I don't think 2B can get there if he's not covering on the steal. At a minimum, it probably is not a DP.

Great season for the JV Birds. Lots of success and lots of development. Many of these players will be asked to contribute at the varsity level next year with 9 SRs departing.

Bottom line, poorly coached game. Team beat st Henry without being over managed. Team beat Conner twice this year without all the slick lineup moves present in last nights game. Kids on base could have easily stolen second base as strong wind blowing right in catchers face and no strongest of arms. DH got nothing done and agree about long ball but at that point if you are not going to play game aggressively, worth a shot a either 1st baseman hitting a deep ball. Coaches did not put best lineup on field and outsmarted themselves

RF is normal Lf, kid at Dh had not done it all season, first time they Dh for position player(1st base) tried to work in what was supposed to be another hitter and it back fired, that's what you call over managed and wasn't necessary. Also had best hitter on time sac but instead of swinging and trying to bust game open. Team needed swing in momentum and coaches couldn't recognize. Don't get me wrong, team is coached by to class guys but over thought process.

RF is normal Lf, kid at Dh had not done it all season, first time they Dh for position player(1st base) tried to work in what was supposed to be another hitter and it back fired, that's what you call over managed and wasn't necessary. Also had best hitter on time sac but instead of swinging and trying to bust game open. Team needed swing in momentum and coaches couldn't recognize. Don't get me wrong, team is coached by to class guys but over thought process.

That RF has played all over the outfield this year so it wasn't the first time he's been in RF. Kid at DH has batted this year therefore not entirely sure you can say he hasn't done it all year, even if it wasn't in a DH role (which he may have done, I'm not sure). If available I think you use a DH for whatever player you feel hasn't hit the ball well as of late and if that's a position player, then so be it.

And I did hear about the sac bunt. It put the tying runs in scoring position with only one out. The next kid hit a laser that the second baseman made a great leaping catch of and then doubled the runner off second. Two inches higher and its a tie game because of that sac bunt. Hard to question the thought there and the kid that batted after the bunt had hit the ball hard all year.

That RF has played all over the outfield this year so it wasn't the first time he's been in RF. Kid at DH has batted this year therefore not entirely sure you can say he hasn't done it all year, even if it wasn't in a DH role (which he may have done, I'm not sure). If available I think you use a DH for whatever player you feel hasn't hit the ball well as of late and if that's a position player, then so be it.

And I did hear about the sac bunt. It put the tying runs in scoring position with only one out. The next kid hit a laser that the second baseman made a great leaping catch of and then doubled the runner off second. Two inches higher and its a tie game because of that sac bunt. Hard to question the thought there and the kid that batted after the bunt had hit the ball hard all year.

So what was the final score? Who pitched for both clubs?