Top Nky players by positions

Not true, players can visit in the spring. Is regarded as an official visit. When you go in the fall, after September, that's when they wine and dine you, that's the big one.

Actually, Clyde had it right. I know the rule, I help many kids in the baseball recruiting process. Actual rule is day 1 of classes senior year. Here is a link that breaks it down. NCAA site would say same thing.

http://www.ncsasports.org/blog/2012/10/11/official-visits-3/

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can go in the spring but it's an unofficial. You can't take an official until you're a senior.

I guess we are just debating over semantics at this point. In my book, you get invited to a spring game and you have to sign your name, it's pretty official lol.

I realize they do break it down differently.

Here's a pretty easy way to look at it... Any visit to a campus (spring game, to watch practice, day camp, etc) in which the parents or player comes out of pocket for anything it's an unofficial visit, and those are unlimited, can be taken at any time of any high school year.

Official visits are When the school pays for everything, you only get 5 of these and they are limited to certain times during the players high school years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Here's a pretty easy way to look at it... Any visit to a campus (spring game, to watch practice, day camp, etc) in which the parents or player comes out of pocket for anything it's an unofficial visit, and those are unlimited, can be taken at any time of any high school year.

Official visits are When the school pays for everything, you only get 5 of these and they are limited to certain times during the players high school years.

And to add the official visits are usually over night stays, meals with head coach or coordinator, things like that where they try to make the player feel extra special. College coaches are some of the best salesmen on this planet...

Well said! Some people just don't understand the recruiting process and need to educate themselves before speaking on things they have no clue about. There is a HUGE difference between Official and Unofficial.

Sorry I am not a recruiting expert. Walling is getting heavily recruited though.

Again, no disrespect to the young man, I hope he gets the offers, so this is for you. Heavily recruited would define a kid sorting through offers right now, trying to decide a top 5 or so. Read an article about an Olineman from Illinois that paired his list yesterday to 4, 2014 kid that has 27 offers. Hopefully this kid will attend some camps and get an offer or two, I looked him up on both Scout and Rivals and he has the size for it.

And to add the official visits are usually over night stays, meals with head coach or coordinator, things like that where they try to make the player feel extra special. College coaches are some of the best salesmen on this planet...

Not to mention to "hosts" they assign to show them around campus.

Again, no disrespect to the young man, I hope he gets the offers, so this is for you. Heavily recruited would define a kid sorting through offers right now, trying to decide a top 5 or so. Read an article about an Olineman from Illinois that paired his list yesterday to 4, 2014 kid that has 27 offers. Hopefully this kid will attend some camps and get an offer or two, I looked him up on both Scout and Rivals and he has the size for it.

Don't sweat it, Airraid has SK kids every year being heavily recruited by D1 schools. Something always seems to happen between June and February though.

Good List, Anymore to add. We need more OL/DL. We have two TE's only three OL. We need 1 more DE.

QB Barker

WR Morgan- Cooper

WR Franzen - NCC

WR Braun - Cov Cath

RB Harris -Highlands

RB Bir - Cov Cath

TE True - highlands/ Hedger-Dixie

OL Sowards -Ryle

OL - Crim

OL Johnson - Holmes

DE Hope - Highlands

LB Burchell - Cov Cath / Fisk-Dixie

DB Beal - Holy Cross

DB Fussinger- Cooper

DB Fisher - Cov Cath

Don't sweat it, Airraid has SK kids every year being heavily recruited by D1 schools. Something always seems to happen between June and February though.

Yup one former SK player starts for Ball State. He is one of the top 20 guards in the country. The other starts for UK! :D

QB Barker- Conner

OL Crim- Scott offer from UC and visiting UK

TE True- Highlands

WR Franzen. Could be at QB this year however

RB Castleman- Scott (visiting Morehead) offers from Union and Georgetown

FB does anyone use a FB anymore?

DE Lyon NCC

DL Big kid from Holmes (75 I think)

LB Burchell ( Blue Colonels)

CB Morgan (Ryle)

SS Beal (Holy Cross)

K ?

ST what's the kids name from cooper, plays DB and WR?

Seth Hope was defensive MVP in the championship game and has a slew of Division 1 offers from power conference schools. Yet you leave him off your team for a guy who hasn't gained a lot of notoriety playing against single A and AA teams, and another guy who you don't even know his name? C'mon man.