Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's better Walker or Mayo?

Featured Replies

OJ is better because he is playing the position he will play for the rest of his life... to be what NBA wants him to be Walker has to make his J better and learn to slash more...

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do these two play better together than apart? Should a college team or even the NBA one day seek to recruit them together?

Do these two play better together than apart? Should a college team or even the NBA one day seek to recruit them together?

There is NO DOUBT they will play one year in the NCAA together IMO...

Do these two play better together than apart? Should a college team or even the NBA one day seek to recruit them together?

 

Now I've only seen them play three times, once without BW (a triple double by Mayo vs Highlands his freshman season) then once again the same season in a loss to Reading in the 2nd round of the tournament. BW had just come back from a knee injury but he was sensational. Walker got into foul trouble in the 2nd and OJ forced a bunch of shots. I saw them this season vs LaSalle and they both didn't play their best but they still one going away. I think they play better together obviously but it also seemed like their team played better with both on the court. Now granted they didn't have Ellis, their 6'10" big man during their freshman campaign but when Walker went out the others seemed to sit back and just watch while OJ took all the shots.

A buddy and I can;t agree on something - does anyone know if these two played together at Rose Hill for a couple years?

 

To answer the question I think OJ is a sensational athlete, while Walker has the potential to be. I don't think OJ is as ready as LeBron was his junior year, but he may be after his college season. If a coach(Huggs) can get three years out of Walker he may be just as good as Mayo on the next level

They played together at Rose Hill for a little over half a year. Walker left Rose Hill just before the All A Classic during OJ's 8th grade year. OJ was at RH for his 6th, 7th and 8th grade years. Walker was also at RH for some period during OJ's 6th grade year. I think this is correct. Some Rose Hill insider might want to verify.

Ace is correct, although I cannot confirm or dismiss Bill's 6th grade year at the Hill.

 

Both of these young men are phenomenal athletes. Each has different strengths. Bill is a beast in the post and can be an intimidating presence on the floor, especially when throwing down on opponent's heads. O.J. gets the nod in regard to handles and shooting touch beyond 8 feet.

 

The key difference IMO, is what is between their ears. Both are bright, and for all I know Bill may have the intellectual potential to be a rocket scientist. Even so, I have to give the nod to Mayo in respect to his incredible personality. He is a true leader, the kind of player who leads by example and commands the respect of his teammates, coaches and even referees... :lol:

 

While both have the potential to build successful careers in the NBA, Mayo has a Michael Jordan type of personality capable of earning far more off the court through endorsements than he may ever earn on the floor. In this single aspect, I would rank him far ahead of LeBron.

 

Comparing Mayo to LeBron is like comparing apples to oranges. On the court, LeBron may be a larger more imposing physical specimen, but it will not surprise me to see a Mayo led NBA team win several championships.

  • Author
I don't know what all the hub-bub is about these two guys. I doubt that you'll ever see either one of them in the NFL.

 

I agree totally why would they even go to the NFL

I agree totally why would they even go to the NFL

Of course they could pull an MJ and try the MLB. :lol:

There is NO DOUBT they will play one year in the NCAA together IMO...

 

:sssh: Marshall!

  • Author

even though i think Walker is a better baller and Oj by far is still a great baller i think both would have went in the Nba draft next year if it wasn't for the age rule!!!

So can anyone confirm with me that the year I saw OJ Mayo at the state tourney, I DID NOT see Bill Walker, correct?

So can anyone confirm with me that the year I saw OJ Mayo at the state tourney, I DID NOT see Bill Walker, correct?

It is entirely possible that you saw both O.J. and Bill at the state tournament in Marcch of 2003, but you only saw O.J. playing on the floor at Rupp... Mr. Walker had already migrated to Cincy at that point in time.

Mayo will go farther. He has a good head for the game. Walker will need time to develop a jumper in college.

Mayo is the better player now.....but in a few years id pick walker

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.