Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bolden Gets Another Offer

Featured Replies

Definetly talked them up but never as McDonald's All Americans.

 

I always felt Elijah would have a better college career and he had a jr season for Marshall.

 

Ricardo was never going to play above mid major but he has been a nice role player off the bench for Ohio U.

 

Bolden has a lot more skill than Ricardo did. I'm not saying he will be a McDonald's AA. I do think he will be a top 100 talent though and have his pick of where he wants to go when his Sr year finishes.

 

Ask Hep what he thinks about Bolden. See you tomorrow night.

 

Looking at a post right now from one of your previous accounts that says, and I quote.

 

I think the Johnson brothers could possibly play for UK, especially R. Johnson, he could play at any college in the country. UK would be lucky to get him.

 

Want me to dig deeper??? :D

  • Replies 168
  • Views 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Bolden has offers from Xavier, Purdue, and Ohio U. Dominique had offers from UK, Purdue, Western Ky, S. Carolina, Morehead, Murray St., and Wright St. as well as interest from Tennessee and Butler. Explain to me how you think "Most College coaches" think Bolden has more talent than Hawkins. I can't wait to hear your logic on this one !:popcorn:

 

Bolden has those offers after his sophomore year.

Looking at a post right now from one of your previous accounts that says, and I quote.

 

Want me to dig deeper??? :D

 

Come on GT, you know how young I was back then...hell, I think I was maybe 20-21 at the time of that post and was nowhere near as involved with covering high school sports as I am now at the age of 25.

 

You also have to think about the state of UK's program back then...Ricardo or Elijah playing at UK wasn't a stretch at all. You forget they had Dakotah Euton committed when I said that :lol2:

Bolden is very good. Dribbles too much, but he'll learn as he ages. Seen the mixtape. Seen Hawkins whole career. If you're basing your opinion of Hawkins only on what you saw in Rupp, you really don't know him or his game. He had a very poor shooting performance at Rupp. Dominique does all the things you need to win games. Some are big, some are small, most don't look "flashy" on a "mixtape". Either way I'll take him in UK blue, and as you've seen, so will Cal.

 

Again, I'm a fan of Hawkins and what he does for his team. Led his team to a state title. Not much more you can ask from him.

 

When compared 1 on 1 though, it is clear that Bolden is the more talented of the two. Get back to me in 2 years around the same time of Bolden's sr year and see if he doesn't have a UK offer as well along with a long list of other suitors.

Bolden has those offers after his sophomore year.

 

Well aware of that. And as I've stated multiple times on this board, Bolden is a good player, but I'm not buying into the whole Bolden is a stud, Hawkins is a dud opinion that some are trying to sell on this board. You don't get MVP in a Middle School State Championship win, MVP in a High School State Championship win, all time high scorer at a State Championship winning school, Kentucky Mr. Basketball, and a scholarship to the NCAA's all time winningest program if you're not a really good player. Facts are facts. It's just sad that some people refuse to admit they're wrong.

Well aware of that. And as I've stated multiple times on this board, Bolden is a good player, but I'm not buying into the whole Bolden is a stud, Hawkins is a dud opinion that some are trying to sell on this board. You don't get MVP in a Middle School State Championship win, MVP in a High School State Championship win, all time high scorer at a State Championship winning school, Kentucky Mr. Basketball, and a scholarship to the NCAA's all time winningest program if you're not a really good player. Facts are facts. It's just sad that some people refuse to admit they're wrong.

 

Where did I or anyone else say he isn't good? All I said is IN MY OPINION Bolden is better. Nothing wrong with that.

One is a Senior, the other a Sophomore. When Hawkins was a Sophomore (or even a Senior) he was not getting the looks and offers that Bolden is (and will continue to get). I'd like to think that ALL these college coaches have a good handle on how to evaluate talent. I believe Cal offering Hawkins was good politics. I also believe that Cal will have to work a lot harder to compete against the other DI schools for Mr Bolden's services.

 

Disagree. That is if UK is truly Boldens "dream"to play at Kentucky. If so, as he said, it should just be as simple as the offer. It's not like other schools can pay him, or bribe him, with things to come to their school.... Not legally anyway.

Well aware of that. And as I've stated multiple times on this board, Bolden is a good player, but I'm not buying into the whole Bolden is a stud, Hawkins is a dud opinion that some are trying to sell on this board. You don't get MVP in a Middle School State Championship win, MVP in a High School State Championship win, all time high scorer at a State Championship winning school, Kentucky Mr. Basketball, and a scholarship to the NCAA's all time winningest program if you're not a really good player. Facts are facts. It's just sad that some people refuse to admit they're wrong.

 

I'll go on record as stating that Bolden will be a stud in college, while Hawkins either sits the bench his whole career at UK, or ends up transferring out due to lack of playing time. Write it down and dust it off in a few years.

What's your point? Regardless of age, Bolden is still better.

 

Better? Weren't both about equal in their matchup. And, didnt Hawkins hit shots down the stretch to pull it out for his team? Head to head, Hawkins is one up on Bolden (of course it's a team game).

 

That being said, age and grade do matter in regards to size. The point was made that Bolden has 2 more years to grow, as if to say he was 15 or 16 and could grow into the 17 or 18 year old body of Hawkins. However, if they are the same age, and Hawkins has a bigger body than Bolden, then age does matter in regards to size.

 

I love Boldens game and hope he brings a SC to Holmes and NKY, also hope he gets to UK, but I think to get that serious UK offer he'll need to get bigger.

What he lacks in size at the current moment he makes up for with his quickness, athleticism, and pure basketball savvy. This kid has the "IT" factor. He may only be 5'10'' right now and he may not grow much more but he doesn't play like he is 5'10''. He is pretty long for his build and has proven he doesn't have trouble scoring on bigger and stronger defenders. For example, 29 on Hawkins and 37 on Seibert who is 6'4'' ang long. I won't say quicker because to be honest whenever he is on the court in the state of KY he is always the quicket player on the court especially with the ball in his hands.

 

 

 

I believe you are reading way too much into a sterotypical Cal player and not evaluating the surrounding factors. The kid scored 29 points and almost knocked off the eventual state champions MC who has a player that is now going to UK on scholarship. Also, that kid who is now going to UK, a senior, guarded Bolden and Bolden scores 29 on him. Hawkins wins Mr. Basketball as well. All of this and Bolden is only a sophomore with several D1 offers already. Not to mention this occured on the big stage at Rupp infront of Cal.

 

Bolden is going to make every all-star list and all state team the next two years. He has to already be the front runner for Mr. Basketball his senior year. With all of this in consideration how doesn't Cal offer this kid when he offered hawkins? He is on track to be one of the biggest recruits out of KY in a long time, especially NKY. Even from a Ky politic standpoint Cal would be crazy not to offer him....

 

Let's also keep in mind that Bolden is a pure PG. At the high school level he is obviously going to score and put up huge numbers. But on a team like KY with so many talented players, players aren't going to be averaging 20+ a game. Now if we consider Bolden's pure PG skills, offensively, ball handling is second to none. His shooting continues to keep improving. Court vision and passing ability is off the charts. His weaknesses are strength and defending bigger and quick guards. But he has two years to mature....

 

Who guarded him that was 6'3, 6'4, or maybe even 6'5 and over 200lbs. That could be what he see's at the highest d1 level of UK...

You guys are placing too much emphasis on the "physical strength and look" aspect of the game. Bolden is stronger than he looks. Ask any kid that has to go against him. I have personally had college kids who played against him in my open gym tell me how strong he is despite his frame. Don't be fooled. Kid doens't have an ounce of fat on him.

 

As far as comparing them at the same age, again, Bolden is still the better player and prospect regardless of age and grade. Quicker, better handle, and better shot.

 

At the same age, Hawkins has offers from Western, Morehead, and UK.

 

Bolden has offers from Xavier, Purdue, and Ohio U. Can you honestly say he wouldn't have a UK offer if he were a senior as well? Much higher ceiling and more potential than Hawkins. Don't think I'm bashing Hawkins either. I am a huge fan of the kid and his game. I know the response will be "you're a Holmes homer so it clouds your judgement" but ask national guys and they will echo my observation that Bolden is the better prospect at the same age.

 

Well, I know NkY kids who have told me that he isn't that strong, just that he has great handles, quickness, and floor vision. And, those aren't college players, and those aren't even kids getting college looks right now.

 

As said on ESPN, "c'mon man!"... We know Bolden is really good, GrEaT even, but don't try to tell me a legit d1 college kid is telling me that a 5'10 150 lbs kid surprised them with strength.

Weren't you touting Rico and Elijah as future McDonalds at roughly the same age??? :sssh:

 

And, a few weeks ago, was putting Elijah as an NBA prospect (hope he is/does, but long way to go)!

Well aware of that. And as I've stated multiple times on this board, Bolden is a good player, but I'm not buying into the whole Bolden is a stud, Hawkins is a dud opinion that some are trying to sell on this board. You don't get MVP in a Middle School State Championship win, MVP in a High School State Championship win, all time high scorer at a State Championship winning school, Kentucky Mr. Basketball, and a scholarship to the NCAA's all time winningest program if you're not a really good player. Facts are facts. It's just sad that some people refuse to admit they're wrong.

 

I don't see anyone saying Hawkins is a dud

I am a huge fan of Hawkins. Been watching this kid play basketball and football his whole high school career. IMO his scholly at UK is well deserved. I don't care if it was offered his Sophomore year or Senior. Bottom line is he is going to be living his dream.

 

I was impressed with Bolden. Making it to state tourney has really helped in his recruiting process, hence offers that has come in since then. I too hope that this young man gets the offer of his dreams wherever it may be.

I don't see anyone saying Hawkins is a dud

Post #53 in this thread, and many times in the Hawkins UK thread.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.