Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Crazy Ending

Featured Replies

  • Author
They actually just showed it on ESPN. They freeze framed the head grab, too.

 

So you do not think the Charlotte kid flopped, either, I assume?

 

As I said, IMO the shove was too much to let go.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Then why not call the double foul- the Charlotte kid grabs the Richmond kid by the head?

 

Could have called the Charlotte kid too IMO.

Yes. Ball became dead as soon as it went in. Only option for a dead ball foul is either a T or to simply ignore it. Too much to ignore IMO.

 

I get the rule, but how can the player know the ball went in the basket and that he should stop. I agree that a foul could have been called on the shove. Could the ref called a foul on the shove and then looked at a replay to see if a T was in order? Or do the refs not have that option in that case?

I get the rule, but how can the player know the ball went in the basket and that he should stop. I agree that a foul could have been called on the shove. Could the ref called a foul on the shove and then looked at a replay to see if a T was in order? Or do the refs not have that option in that case?

 

The T was a result of it being a dead ball foul call, I believe. So if you call the foul there, it has to be a T.

Weird coincidence: O/U was 130 1/2... Final Score 68-63.

Weird coincidence: O/U was 130 1/2... Final Score 68-63.

 

I'm not even going there.

  • Author
I get the rule, but how can the player know the ball went in the basket and that he should stop. I agree that a foul could have been called on the shove. Could the ref called a foul on the shove and then looked at a replay to see if a T was in order? Or do the refs not have that option in that case?

 

I admittedly do not know all of the college options regarding replay but I'm pretty sure it's not an option UNLESS he thought there was a blow to the head or neck.

The T was a result of it being a dead ball foul call, I believe. So if you call the foul there, it has to be a T.

 

What I am saying is how does he know the shot went in and that it is a dead ball while he has another players arm around his head? Remember that for the players this all happens in real time, not the slow motion that we get to watch several times before we form an opinion of what happened. Maybe the rule is flawed.

What I am saying is how does he know the shot went in and that it is a dead ball while he has another players arm around his head? Remember that for the players this all happens in real time, not the slow motion that we get to watch several times before we form an opinion of what happened. Maybe the rule is flawed.

 

Okay, I think I follow you.

I admittedly do not know all of the college options regarding replay but I'm pretty sure it's not an option UNLESS he thought there was a blow to the head or neck.

 

That sounds right. I sure don't want the game to turn into something like the NFL does with replay where almost every close call is reviewed. Can you imagine how long a game would take?

An argument for why a coach may choose not to foul intentionally when up 3 and time running out. Sometimes it backfires.

Salt in the wound was the next call where the reach in was called on the shot so Charolette was given 3 free throws. That is the one that led to the tech from the Richmond coach.

I watched on highlights of it this morning and I just hate if for the players.

I think either a double foul or you pull the guys aside and talk to them and let

it play out from there. I hate to see a game end like this.

What I am saying is how does he know the shot went in and that it is a dead ball while he has another players arm around his head? Remember that for the players this all happens in real time, not the slow motion that we get to watch several times before we form an opinion of what happened. Maybe the rule is flawed.

 

As it does for the referees as well.

  • Author

My only issue is that the coach got quick Ts. I get the first one. He has to get it. However, at that point the non-calling official needs to go over and get him to calm down and , knowing the situation, give him some leeway to vent.

 

I couldn't tell by the video. Did the same official give him both Ts?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.