Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Crazy Ending

Featured Replies

  • Replies 36
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The refs blew this. They have to get disciplined, IMO.

The refs blew this. They have to get disciplined, IMO.

 

how so?

The refs blew this. They have to get disciplined, IMO.

 

I enjoy crushing referees as much as the next guy, but I think you have to call the original T. And the 3-point attempt looked legit as well.

 

The Richmond player who got the original T seemed to claim that the guy he was blocking out had his hand on his head, which I thought was legitimate. Other than that, I'm not sure I disagree with what was called.

how so?

 

The first T is ridiculous. The Charlotte kid initiated the contact and Richmond got the T. Go in and talk to the kids if iit is getting too physical and let the players decide the game. That changed the whole dynamic of how the game ended.

 

Then, to call the next foul in the act of shooting- seriously? I do not think that was a good call at all. JMO.

  • Author
The first T is ridiculous. .

 

Is it your opinion that the official should have ignored the forearm to the chest that was thrown by Richmond's big?

I saw something that said the shove was a deadball foul and thus by definition, a technical. Is this correct Clyde?

  • Author
I saw something that said the shove was a deadball foul and thus by definition, a technical. Is this correct Clyde?

 

Yes. Ball became dead as soon as it went in. Only option for a dead ball foul is either a T or to simply ignore it. Too much to ignore IMO.

Yes. Ball became dead as soon as it went in. Only option for a dead ball foul is either a T or to simply ignore it. Too much to ignore IMO.

 

Then to me the blame lies with that defender for not knowing the situation. It's a 1 and 1, you can't lose on that shot for sure.

Is it your opinion that the official should have ignored the forearm to the chest that was thrown by Richmond's big?

 

IMO, the Charlotte kid went high first. That was ignored. The Richmond kid shoved- the Charlotte kid flopped, IMO. Pull the kids aside and talk to them. Let it be decided on the floor by the players. This game was decided by subjective ref calls, IMO. This is the absolute worst way to have a game end.

 

I am honestly surprised by how many folks on this ite disagree with me on this. The more I watch it the more I hate the calls made.

  • Author
IMO, the Charlotte kid went high first. That was ignored. The Richmond kid shoved- the Charlotte kid flopped, IMO. Pull the kids aside and talk to them. Let it be decided on the floor by the players. This game was decided by subjective ref calls, IMO. This is the absolute worst way to have a game end.

 

I am honestly surprised by how many folks on this ite disagree with me on this. The more I watch it the more I hate the calls made.

 

IMO it was too much of a shove to ignore.

IMO it was too much of a shove to ignore.

 

Then why not call the double foul- the Charlotte kid grabs the Richmond kid by the head?

  • Author
Then why not call the double foul- the Charlotte kid grabs the Richmond kid by the head?

 

I didn't see him grab his head. They were fine until that last shove IMO.

I didn't see him grab his head. They were fine until that last shove IMO.

 

They actually just showed it on ESPN. They freeze framed the head grab, too.

 

So you do not think the Charlotte kid flopped, either, I assume?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.