March 16, 201313 yr See that's the problem. What you are comparing your experience to, compared to what I experienced are two different worlds.
March 16, 201313 yr See that's the problem. What you are comparing your experience to, compared to what I experienced are two different worlds. Which I can understand why the people who did have season tickets through the 90's and most of the 2000's how they could just get to the point where they can't take it anymore. However I don't agree when people have said many times on here how other people should "get it" and not give him money to go to games and stuff. Its not going to change a thing, so if you enjoy going to the game and spending time with family and friends then I will spend the money. Not to mention even though people want to keep making excuses for it, the Bengals have made strides and shown some consistency the last two years. Each of the last two years people talked about how they will be bad, etc and keep trying to tell me that. I say otherwise and two years in a row they have shown what I have talked about. Now they still have to take that next step, and who knows if they will. However I have no problem supporting this team.
March 16, 201313 yr I know people can't get past all the stupid decisions Mike Brown has made during the majority of his tenure as owner. However people do have to have an open mind and see how they are doing things now. Are what they doing now so differen't from most teams? People use to talk about the Pats and how they are the ideal franchise, but where would they be if they didn't get lucky and draft a hall of fame QB in the 6th round? The way the Bengals are doing things now are not much different than how the Pats are doing it, the Steelers, etc. The bengals are actually being smart right now, so they have the money to keep their young talent and not lose guys because of not having the money like the Steelers, and Ravens just did. The Bengals and Mike Brown have been making decisions lately that are not much different than how other franchise's do things. They are now drafting better like good franchises do. I know people can't forget how bad he was for so many years, and that blinds them to the fact of what is going on now. However what the Bengals are doing now, has not been bad all. Especially if they get some of these young guys locked up for years to come with all this cap space.
March 17, 201313 yr I know people can't get past all the stupid decisions Mike Brown has made during the majority of his tenure as owner. However people do have to have an open mind and see how they are doing things now. Are what they doing now so differen't from most teams? People use to talk about the Pats and how they are the ideal franchise, but where would they be if they didn't get lucky and draft a hall of fame QB in the 6th round? The way the Bengals are doing things now are not much different than how the Pats are doing it, the Steelers, etc. The bengals are actually being smart right now, so they have the money to keep their young talent and not lose guys because of not having the money like the Steelers, and Ravens just did. The Bengals and Mike Brown have been making decisions lately that are not much different than how other franchise's do things. They are now drafting better like good franchises do. I know people can't forget how bad he was for so many years, and that blinds them to the fact of what is going on now. However what the Bengals are doing now, has not been bad all. Especially if they get some of these young guys locked up for years to come with all this cap space. The Steelers and Ravens are losing players because they kept those players for a long time. Now they are old and expensive, so they let them go. How you confuse how the Bengals do things with perennial top NFL teams is hard to understand.
March 17, 201313 yr The Steelers and Ravens are losing players because they kept those players for a long time. Now they are old and expensive, so they let them go. How you confuse how the Bengals do things with perennial top NFL teams is hard to understand. And because the Steelers decided to have big contracts on those older guys a few years ago, that is why they lost a receiver like Mike Wallace because they don't have the money to sign him. Just like if the Bengals go out and spend all this money on free agents that frankly aren't that much better than what we have besides a couple of them. Then the Bengals won't have the money to keep some of their actually talented draft picks they have had over the last few years. Lets not confuse how things were for basically 16 or so years under Mike Brown, to what they are doing now. The Bengals for once are actually being smart on how they do things. Forgive me for not dwelling in the past of all those bad years and all the bad decisions they made. It might have taken 16 or so long years which is horrible no doubt. However they actually have done smart things as a franchise the last few years, including wanting to keep their money to keep their own talent for once.
March 17, 201313 yr People get mad at the Bengals because they have let talented guys in the past get away, and yet people now complain because they haven't went out and signed guys because they want to make sure they keep their young talented guys here for once. Ok then which one is it? Seems to me it really doesn't matter what they would do, because its Mike Brown then its automatically wrong. Which I know track record has plenty more wrong than right, but lately they have done things better in terms of decisions.
March 17, 201313 yr And because the Steelers decided to have big contracts on those older guys a few years ago, that is why they lost a receiver like Mike Wallace because they don't have the money to sign him. Just like if the Bengals go out and spend all this money on free agents that frankly aren't that much better than what we have besides a couple of them. Then the Bengals won't have the money to keep some of their actually talented draft picks they have had over the last few years. Lets not confuse how things were for basically 16 or so years under Mike Brown, to what they are doing now. The Bengals for once are actually being smart on how they do things. Forgive me for not dwelling in the past of all those bad years and all the bad decisions they made. It might have taken 16 or so long years which is horrible no doubt. However they actually have done smart things as a franchise the last few years, including wanting to keep their money to keep their own talent for once. Right for the Steeler/Ravens that is the typical cycle for Elite franchises, they spend up to the cap and not how far away are they able to get. When the Bengals start winning we can compare how they operate. If it has taken Brown 16 years to stat to figure things out I have even less hope than I did before you put it in those terms. Plus, they cut the other players so they could have cap room. They chose not to resign Wallace.
March 17, 201313 yr It would be nice to see if people can also get that it doesn't matter what you do Mike Brown would move the team before he changes his way. We as fans won't get him to change anything even if everyone stops going, it won't matter. That is what people need to get. I know for me I have been to almost every single game the last two years and loved every minute of it. I have seen a team who has gotten better and not the bad teams of the past that people can't get over. I have had good times at games even the ones they lost. Getting to spend time with family and friends tailgating, and then watching football at the game its a great day. There are a lot worst things I could be spending money on, and I don't regret it one bit and I definitely "get it". I get that Mike Brown is not changing his ways, so I am not going to let it effect me from doing something I enjoy. Drugs, hookers, a trip to see Rachael Maddow, tickets to Justin Bieber, Indiana basketball or the View--Can't think of much else off the top of my head??
March 17, 201313 yr Right for the Steeler/Ravens that is the typical cycle for Elite franchises, they spend up to the cap and not how far away are they able to get. When the Bengals start winning we can compare how they operate. If it has taken Brown 16 years to stat to figure things out I have even less hope than I did before you put it in those terms. Plus, they cut the other players so they could have cap room. They chose not to resign Wallace. They choose not to sign him because they didn't have the money to sign him still or else they would need to cut a few more players to make more cap room. As for it taking Mike Brown 16 years to MAYBE FINALLY figuring things out a little bit, yes that is crazy and pretty pathetic I agree. It put the franchise and us fans through many HORRIBLE years because of his decisions. However he either finally figured it out or is letting other people have a bigger role in decisions, which the second part is probably what is true. However no matter what the reason is, they have made good decisions the last few years. I have not forgotten about all the bad years and decisions and hate that he put us through it. However I know he is not going to really change much, so I am going to be happy that they actually are starting to do things right recently. Which focusing on keeping their own players is the smart decision.
March 18, 201313 yr I have had tickets since the mid 90's. They were bad. Then they got good. Then they got bad. Then they got good. Now they are pretty okay. I've been there for every year of it. Why? Because they are my team and that's what fans do... Stick by their team. Some call it naive. I call it loyalty. Just because you don't doesn't mean Mike Brown will say, "hmm... looks like Joe Schmoe didn't renew his tickets, guess I better hire a GM"
March 19, 201313 yr Right for the Steeler/Ravens that is the typical cycle for Elite franchises, they spend up to the cap and not how far away are they able to get. When the Bengals start winning we can compare how they operate. If it has taken Brown 16 years to stat to figure things out I have even less hope than I did before you put it in those terms. Plus, they cut the other players so they could have cap room. They chose not to resign Wallace. Exactly. Somehow Mikey is dumb and arrogant enough to act like they run things like the Packers.. Oh we don't buy free agents we build through the draft. Ok.. Reminder Mikey you took Dalton over Kaepernick who the Bengals raved about.
March 19, 201313 yr The Bengals have gaps that need to be filled by free agency. Ever since Bouldin was "handed his unsubstantiated contract and signing bonus" without the organizations due diligence....Mikey & Co. have cold feet and are keeping our growth on a short leash. Sound familiar doesn't it, it's the same ol same ol... The reality that atleast 3-5 project or target free agent picks haven't been signed should scare all of you. They think the draft will fill those needs and the current cupboard will suffice. Two consecutive playoff seasons has given Mikes inferiority complex more cushion. Although I love the Greater Cincinnati region I will always continue to pray for a significant change in the Bengal organization leadership so my kids and grandkids don't have to continue suffering the further degrading of a great football mind....PAUL BROWN!
March 19, 201313 yr Bengals have more cap space than any other team in the NFL, again and still!! They are 30 million under the salary cap.
March 19, 201313 yr Bengals have more cap space than any other team in the NFL' date=' again and still!! They are 30 million under the salary cap.[/quote'] Yet could lose Smith. Mikey doesn't like retail prices even with 30 million.
March 19, 201313 yr Yet could lose Smith. Mikey doesn't like retail prices even with 30 million. Why would anyone stay in Cincy if another team has a comparable offer. Heck, I would think that the Bengals would have to offer more to offset the costs they charge the players for shampoo and soap....
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.