April 8, 201313 yr When the poster I was replying to continues to misquote me and put words in my mouth, then he deserves nothing less than what I said. Yes I think the Bengals are far away from winning a Super Bowl. You ask what they should of done in Free Agency? They should of first and foremost got a WR to compliment AJ on the other side, another speed receiver to stretch the field and get the double teams off of AJ etc. They should of addressed the safety position and also the LB position. It's not rocket science to see where the team has struggled, address the positions with impact players that were available. They also should of went hard after someone like Reggie Bush. That's what they should of done. Instead they did zilch to improve the team. They can't even win a playoff game so yes they are far away from being where they should be. I'll leave the lovefest issue alone. That's for a mod or the other poster to address. I didn't say anything about the Bengals winning the SB. If being misquoted bothers you, then you shouldn't misquote others. Isn't making the playoffs 2 years in a row considered making progress over what we've had for the previous 20? The Bengals drafted 2 good WR's last year. Shouldn't they be given a chance to prove they can get the job done? There aren't many rookie wide receivers who would take the pressure off of AJ. Don't say Wallace, they couldn't afford to pay him what he got and then keep the young studs they need to resign in the next year or two. The math just doesn't work. I posted the Salary Cap breakdown. I don't disagree with you on the Malugua resigning. I personally would have let him walk. But would you resign the others and keep a good young core intact or let most of them walk and make one splash in Free Agency? They can't do both with cap numbers being what they are. They do need a safety and a couple of linebackers. No one is arguing that. But again, who was out there that would've improved the team and still allow them to keep the young core together. Reggie Bush, give me a break. He's had one good year. He's not a workhorse back. IMO, they did improve the team by keeping most of the defense in tack. I don't know what you do for a living, but you were not as good then as you are now. It takes time and experience to get better. I'm glad they're doing things a little different now. I was tired of the let the young guys walk and go be all-pro or really good for another team. You just can't see the improvement due to your hatred of the Bengals.
April 9, 201313 yr I'll leave the lovefest issue alone. That's for a mod or the other poster to address. I didn't say anything about the Bengals winning the SB. If being misquoted bothers you, then you shouldn't misquote others. Isn't making the playoffs 2 years in a row considered making progress over what we've had for the previous 20? The Bengals drafted 2 good WR's last year. Shouldn't they be given a chance to prove they can get the job done? There aren't many rookie wide receivers who would take the pressure off of AJ. Don't say Wallace, they couldn't afford to pay him what he got and then keep the young studs they need to resign in the next year or two. The math just doesn't work. I posted the Salary Cap breakdown. I don't disagree with you on the Malugua resigning. I personally would have let him walk. But would you resign the others and keep a good young core intact or let most of them walk and make one splash in Free Agency? They can't do both with cap numbers being what they are. They do need a safety and a couple of linebackers. No one is arguing that. But again, who was out there that would've improved the team and still allow them to keep the young core together. Reggie Bush, give me a break. He's had one good year. He's not a workhorse back. IMO, they did improve the team by keeping most of the defense in tack. I don't know what you do for a living, but you were not as good then as you are now. It takes time and experience to get better. I'm glad they're doing things a little different now. I was tired of the let the young guys walk and go be all-pro or really good for another team. You just can't see the improvement due to your hatred of the Bengals. I had season tickets for 33 years, far from someone who hates the Bengals. Maybe I'm just tired of people like you who think mediocrity is Ok. Maybe I'm someone who thinks a professional sports team should always strive for winning a championship instead of just being happy with a .500 record and maybe getting embarrassed in their only playoff games. Maybe I get tired of the old "We build through the draft" and then let some of their best young players walk after their first contracts are up. maybe I'm tired of seeing the holes they need to fill go unfilled when they have the opportunity to address them in free agency, all the while people like you continue to come up with excuses such as "they are a young team and getting better" while the outcome year after year is the same. How many years does it take to rebuild? They have been rebuilding for 22 years, how much longer do they need? Marvin is one of the worst HC in the league and people still claim him to be great and turning this team around, yet he's been here 10 years with zero playoff wins yet people still think they are improving. Improving from what? Improving from being horrible? Well when you have nowhere to go but up then I guess people think its great. The problem is people who continue to think they are getting better only makes Mike Brown happier and nothing will change. Tell me any team that gives a head coach an extension who has coached only 3 or 4 winning seasons in 10 years and no playoff wins and a losing record...only the bengals do that. Sorry, not drinking the kool aide, I've been around much to long following this team and know them too well to think they are a super bowl contender yet. Anything less than a super bowl is a failure, and this team isn't close yet.
April 9, 201313 yr You just explained what the Bengals have done for twenty years.....try reading what I posted instead of making crap up. You two are comical to watch on here. I will say this though while I share your frustration over all the many years that Mike Brown did everything possibly wrong with the franchise. You really might want to research what you say before you say things on here. From what I have seen you throw a lot of things out there that simply are not true, I believe even FC in his LONG POST has even pointed that out to you. You might want to go back and edit your post before he reads it because you posted some more false and made up things. Which really hurts any credibility you try to have in your arguments. You said the Ravens signed Boldin and Webb as free agents and that is simply not true. The Ravens traded for Boldin, and they drafted Webb. You would have been better off talking about Jones who was a free agent that helped them out. Other than that they built their super bowl team through free agency too.
April 9, 201313 yr I'll leave the lovefest issue alone. That's for a mod or the other poster to address. I didn't say anything about the Bengals winning the SB. If being misquoted bothers you, then you shouldn't misquote others. Isn't making the playoffs 2 years in a row considered making progress over what we've had for the previous 20? The Bengals drafted 2 good WR's last year. Shouldn't they be given a chance to prove they can get the job done? There aren't many rookie wide receivers who would take the pressure off of AJ. Don't say Wallace, they couldn't afford to pay him what he got and then keep the young studs they need to resign in the next year or two. The math just doesn't work. I posted the Salary Cap breakdown. I don't disagree with you on the Malugua resigning. I personally would have let him walk. But would you resign the others and keep a good young core intact or let most of them walk and make one splash in Free Agency? They can't do both with cap numbers being what they are. They do need a safety and a couple of linebackers. No one is arguing that. But again, who was out there that would've improved the team and still allow them to keep the young core together. Reggie Bush, give me a break. He's had one good year. He's not a workhorse back. IMO, they did improve the team by keeping most of the defense in tack. I don't know what you do for a living, but you were not as good then as you are now. It takes time and experience to get better. I'm glad they're doing things a little different now. I was tired of the let the young guys walk and go be all-pro or really good for another team. You just can't see the improvement due to your hatred of the Bengals. Its not his fault that so many years of losing teams has led him to being an unrealistic fan these days, even though he seems to think he is. Its not his fault that he clearly lets his bias of hating Mike Brown effect his opinion of the team of today, but yet claims other to be drinking kool-aid and not even recognize his own bias. I know I like to think I am realistic and I know I am more realistic than him, which is why I was able to see this team doing well the last two years even though everyone thought otherwise. However I could at least understand if people call me bias, but he can't understand how his bias is also effecting his opinion. People outside this area with no bias are even seeing and talking about how the Bengals have been doing things right the last few years. That is what I see and why I am opptimistic about them, even they weren't doing these things I wouldn't be. Trust me I never was opptimistic about them in the 90's or early 2000's. I admit I was after 2005, but by 2007 I wasn't because I knew having Bob the Brat as OC would kill them. I mean Hellbird likes to act like people are saying Marvin is a good coach, but I know I never have. I know he is definitely a HORRIBLE game manager, and I would have loved to seen him gone years ago. However I am not going to let my disappointment of them keeping him, effect the good things they are doing. Hellbird just can't let things go and move on. Hellbird talks about how mad he is when they let good young players walk after their rookie contract, but at the same time he wants them to overspend to try to get a top notch free agent here like Mike Wallace. Yet doesn't seem to grasp if they did that, they wouldn't have been able to keep some of the guys they kept which was a good thing. He doesn't seem to grasp how that would effect them signing their own next year. Which if they didn't do that, that would give him something else to complain about. Basically he will complain about the Bengals until Mike Brown is not owner, no matter what they do.
April 9, 201313 yr Some of you need to revisit the rules page. This thread is done. Keep your inbox empty.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.