Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best team in 2006 in NKY regardless of class

Featured Replies

From A thru AAAA, what is the top team in NKY this year? Lots of talent in all classes, but who is the best of the best?

  • Replies 55
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't deny that Newport will be good next year. I think they return almost everyone.

You can't deny that Newport will be good next year. I think they return almost everyone.

 

I think they actually lose quite a bit.

You can't deny that Newport will be good next year. I think they return almost everyone.

 

 

I think his Q was who is the top team, not who might be good. Newport isn't in that conversation.

The answer is Highlands of course.

The answer is Highlands of course.

 

Most likely true yet the qb situation will be interesting and could determine if you are correct.

Most likely true yet the qb situation will be interesting and could determine if you are correct.

 

I think the QB at CCH could have something to say about it too before its all said and done.

I think the QB at CCH could have something to say about it too before its all said and done.

 

CCH's question will be replacing lots of O and D linemen. If they can, they'll be a candidate for #1 in NKY. They have a ton of talent at the skill positions on both sides of the ball.

 

Bleser/Bovard/Pete Sutton will be a challenge for any D.

I think the QB at CCH could have something to say about it too before its all said and done.

The QB at CCH will be Blesser this year. He was the punter last year but should do good things as QB this year.

Boone returns an awful lot of talent also. CCH having to replace linemen throws questions in the air although the receiving targets return. It's hard to say that your punter turned qb will make the necessary connections to rate them the top team A-AAA in No. Ky. Time will tell. I'm a homer, so I have have to say Dixie is in a great position for next season in No. Ky. The only two-way lineman we lost is Atchley. Huenefeld and Metzger are gone, but the nucleus returns on both sides. Bricking, Molony, Detmer, Gibson return on O, Stallkamp, Benton, etc. return on D line, plus the JV starters who lost one game last season (beating Highlands and CCH), are in the mix. Kicking will be strong again, as Jett will only be a junior. Dixie's new turf facilities should help them break the mudbowl curses also! It'll be a fun year in No. Ky. once again! Good luck to all No. Ky. teams! Let's take state in all classes! ;)

Just wanted to correct DixieChick. On defense, it's Benson not Benton....I do agree that Dixie is looking good......

Boone returns an awful lot of talent also. CCH having to replace linemen throws questions in the air although the receiving targets return. It's hard to say that your punter turned qb will make the necessary connections to rate them the top team A-AAA in No. Ky. Time will tell. I'm a homer, so I have have to say Dixie is in a great position for next season in No. Ky. The only two-way lineman we lost is Atchley. Huenefeld and Metzger are gone, but the nucleus returns on both sides. Bricking, Molony, Detmer, Gibson return on O, Stallkamp, Benton, etc. return on D line, plus the JV starters who lost one game last season (beating Highlands and CCH), are in the mix. Kicking will be strong again, as Jett will only be a junior. Dixie's new turf facilities should help them break the mudbowl curses also! It'll be a fun year in No. Ky. once again! Good luck to all No. Ky. teams! Let's take state in all classes! ;)

 

That "punter turned QB" was a QB for the past 10 years.

Highlands with out question.........They didn't lose much and will be strong on both sides of the ball.......

I think that if I had to list the programs to consider for a preseason pick it would have to include NCC, HHS, CCH, Dixie, Ryle, BC. NCC looses alot, I'm sure they will reload to a certain extent, but to start the season as number 1 may be stretching it. HHS will be tuff, but will need to break in a new QB. CCH replaces quite a bit, alittle too much inexperience for me. Ryle looses a QB but thats not gonna hurt as bad as you'd think. They return a bunch, but have underachieved in mosts eyes last season. This years team should equal lasts, but I'm not sure they will physically be better. Mentally I hope so. They are very capable but need to prove themselves. BC brings back a bunch and so does Dixie. Either of which can make a strong case for number one consideration.

 

So I'm down to HHS, BC, and Dixie now. Of these three, I think Dixie returns the better team in the preseason.

 

Bricking did well last year at QB and will do even better this season as a junior. Maloney is all heart, very humble and the consumate team player. Add to that he's very talented and he has Jake Neugent returning to play FB and lead block and the running game will be great. Detmer, Gibson, and the X factor Matt Mosier will play wideouts. All those guys are game breakers and I haven't even mentioned half of them.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.