Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

State Tourney: Montgomery County vs Warren Central

Which team will win? 44 members have voted

  1. 1. Which team will win?

    • Montgomery Co
      84%
    • Warren Central
      15%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

People generally root against louisville, lexington, bowling green, Owensboro, northern ky and Paducah schools. It's just the way it is. Majority likes to see the underdog or the little guy win!

 

Montgomery County isn't the underdog or the little guy in this matchup. It's the folks acting like Warren Central CAN'T win this game that make me laugh. Central is very capable.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Montgomery County isn't the underdog or the little guy in this matchup. It's the folks acting like Warren Central CAN'T win this game that make me laugh. Central is very capable.

Not taking WC light at all. I know they can win this game. Believe it will be a great game. Just supporting my 10th region and 40th district team. Also good friends with alot of MoCo people....got to support them.

MoCo will not run away with this game. One of the tightest games of the whole tournament.

 

MoCo by 2

How solid are Warren Central's guards?

How solid are Warren Central's guards?

very solid, all 5 or 6 of them. Warren Central plays 10 to 11 with liberal substitutions and very little drop in quality. Not a lot of size but very quick and athletic.

They lost by 19 to Male and 3 to Johnson Central in Harrodsburg. I watched both games. I think that region as a whole was a little weaker than years past.

 

And the 10th Region isn't weaker than years past? This was a rebuilding year/down year for GRC and they still made the region tournament.

 

Talk about a down region..:smug:

 

Paging Mason County.......:wave:

And the 10th Region isn't weaker than years past? This was a rebuilding year/down year for GRC and they still made the region tournament.

 

Talk about a down region..:smug:

 

Paging Mason County.......:wave:

 

Montgomery County fans are going to be very "HAPPY" after the Indians dismantle Central. There, I said it.

  • Author
Montgomery County fans are going to be very "HAPPY" after the Indians dismantle Central. There, I said it.

 

I expect MoCo to bring a HUGE crowd.

Montgomery County fans are going to be very "HAPPY" after the Indians dismantle Central. There, I said it.

 

You know it will be a close game. Neither team will dismantle the other.

Very HUGE crowd!!!

Yes we're not seasoned at the State Tourney but we have a very good squad and a bench that has gotten deeper as the year progressed with a lot of fans and the "Blue Crew" that's full of excitement!! Don't forget, Big O, a Mr. Basketball finalist and two super quick guards along with two other starters that compliment a very tasty recipe for State Tournament Champs. Not sure who has the true advantage, because I never seen Warren Central play this year, but I do know our talent, heart and fan base is off the chain.

You know it will be a close game. Neither team will dismantle the other.

 

We're going to find out! One of us will be eating crow!

I expect MoCo to bring a HUGE crowd.

 

Definitely. I'd guess that they are going to bring the most. If not them, I'd say South Oldham.

 

With Clay County's drought, I'd expect them to bring quite a few fans too. Ohio County is probably in the same boat.

Folks are going to be stunned if Warren Central wins. Amazing how a team with their tradition and pedigree in March gets no respect.

 

For me, the difference with this year's team is that they don't have an athlete like LeRoy Smith (way early year, was booted from the team after one of their runs), Lonnell DeWalt, Matt Maresca, Ryan Anderson, and later Jeremy Anderson, Jordan Shanklin, George Fant, etc. Point I'm getting at being that, as far as notoriety on as individual talents on the state level goes, it doesn't seem like the rest of the state has that much exposure to someone on this Warren Central team with that type of talent. Adding to that is the fact that Tim Riley is no longer on the sidelines.

 

With that said, it does seem like Warren Central has really built a PROGRAM, and tradition doesn't graduate. I won't count out Warren Central, and think their performance in 2005 (in getting back to the finals after graduating basically the entire team that won it the year before) was one of the better coaching jobs I've seen since I've been going. I would not be at all shocked if this Warren Central team beat out Montgomery County. However, I think that because Montgomery County is more of a known quantity due to Prewitt's star power, it makes them a bit of a safer pick.

 

Really respect your opinion and know that you know much more about the Bowling Green area than I do, so I'll definitely take your word for it. If I had to call it though, I would guess that this one will be tight for 3 quarters no matter who wins, so I can't really say I'll be shocked if the Dragons pull it off. Just wanted to offer my insight as to why as many people may be picking Montgomery as currently are.

We're going to find out! One of us will be eating crow!

 

I'll be sure to get you some Sweet Baby Ray's next time I see you at Walmart.;):wave:

I'll be sure to get you some Sweet Baby Ray's next time I see you at Walmart.;):wave:

 

I went to Walmart tonight and there was 150 people in line and 3 lanes open smh.

 

I thought about you for a second then thought about how I am going to cook up your crow this week :lol:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.