Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wayne County 57 Pulaski County 54

Featured Replies

I wouldn't say by far. Steve has a ring my friend.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rodney Woods in a one and done is just dangerous. Still proving why he's one of the best coaches in the state.

 

Agreed!

I wouldn't say by far. Steve has a ring my friend.

 

Les he won't be getting a ring this year.

Dang, I don't believe that. SW certainly overlooked Mercer. Not saying Mercer doesn't have a good team, but I would have lost a bundle on that game.

 

Now, the question is, will Somerset look ahead and Boyle County take them down?!?

Dang, I don't believe that. SW certainly overlooked Mercer. Not saying Mercer doesn't have a good team, but I would have lost a bundle on that game.

 

Now, the question is, will Somerset look ahead and Boyle County take them down?!?

 

 

Somerset better not.

Southwestern will make a return trip to Rupp...IMO.

 

Not this year. Not saying Wayne would have beat them, but I would have bet on the Cardinals in the finals, IF both teams made it. Only one of those still stands. :thumb:

Les he won't be getting a ring this year.

 

Agreed. But he has a ring. And a whole lot of region titles, too.

I thought the key to the win for Wayne was the defense of the kid guarding Gover.He basically shut him down. Sorry, I don't remember his name. I was just a fan watching a great HS tournament game.

Agreed. But he has a ring. And a whole lot of region titles, too.

 

Steve Wright

7 Regional Titles, 1 State Championship (2005)

-South Laurel: 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

-Southwestern: 2012

 

Rodney Woods

7 Regional Titles, 1 State Runner-up (1989)

-Wayne County: 1989, 1994, 1995, 1997, 2002, 2004, 2011

 

 

Just about dead even.

Steve Wright

7 Regional Titles, 1 State Championship (2005)

-South Laurel: 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

-Southwestern: 2012

 

Rodney Woods

7 Regional Titles, 1 State Runner-up (1989)

-Wayne County: 1989, 1994, 1995, 1997, 2002, 2004, 2011

 

 

Just about dead even.

 

Actually Steve has eight region titles. He won one in 1991 at Laurel County. The big thing is he won a state championship. That trumps it all.

Actually Steve has eight region titles. He won one in 1991 at Laurel County. The big thing is he won a state championship. That trumps it all.

 

It's not what he has done in the past, whats he doing now (crying) want a little cheese to go with your wine.

Actually Steve has eight region titles. He won one in 1991 at Laurel County. The big thing is he won a state championship. That trumps it all.

 

So the fact that a wide open three from his best three point shooter at the buzzer against PRP in '89 means Woods isn't as good a coach as Wright? It takes some luck to win a State Championship.

Wright has not always won with homegrown talent......take that at face value. I wont mention the word recruit as its against the rules.....

Steve Wright: 8 Total Regional Championships

 

(1) Laurel County: '91

(3) South Laurel (12th Region): '01, '03, '05

(3) South Laurel (13th Region): '06, '07, '08

(1) Southwestern: '12

 

Rodney Woods: 7 Total Regional Championships

 

(8) Wayne County: '89, '94, '95, '97, '02, '04, '11

 

I like that Woods has done it at one place and accomplishes it by developing his players to the max. Also like Jesse James, I won't mention why South (& North) Laurel got moved out of the 12th Region and into the 13th.

Actually Steve has eight region titles. He won one in 1991 at Laurel County. The big thing is he won a state championship. That trumps it all.

 

That's right, I forgot he got to Laurel County right before they split.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.