Russell County 89 Madison Central 83

The Lakers pull the big upset at home tonight. By far the biggest win by a 4th Region team this year. It's a big reversal from earlier in the week when Russell County fell at home to Barren County. Big reversal from earlier this year when they were dropped by Pulaski County and Southwestern by double digits. And lastly, a reversal from last year when the Lakers lost by 16 to Madison Central.

Anytime a team goes out of their region to play a game there's a good chance they may lose, particularly if they're playing a quality team, which Russell County is according their ratings.

DragonFire, which one of these teams do you think would win on a neutral floor, such as Rupp Arena?

Anytime a team goes out of their region to play a game there's a good chance they may lose, particularly if they're playing a quality team, which Russell County is according their ratings.

DragonFire, which one of these teams do you think would win on a neutral floor, such as Rupp Arena?

I'd have to say Madison Central for certain. I was rather stunned by this result.

[TABLE=width: 609]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]2/9/2013[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=bgcolor: #F2F5F9]

[TD=colspan: 2]Russell Co. 89[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Madison Central 83[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Madison Central[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]23[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]22[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]20[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]18[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2] [/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]83[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Russell Co.[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]12[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]31[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]21[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]25[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]89[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Madison Central (20-5) -- Hawkins 32, Bosley 18, Parke 6, Stocker 4, Jones 17, George 6.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Russell Co. (20-5) -- Turner 9, Robertson 36, Ellis 14, N. Coffey 18, Mann 7, Bertram 2, Britt 3.

Read more here: Latest high school boys' basketball scores | High school basketball | Kentucky.com

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=width: 609]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]2/9/2013[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=bgcolor: #F2F5F9]

[TD=colspan: 2]Russell Co. 89[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Madison Central 83[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Madison Central[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]23[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]22[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]20[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]18[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]83[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Russell Co.[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]12[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]31[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]21[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]25[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]89[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Madison Central (20-5) -- Hawkins 32, Bosley 18, Parke 6, Stocker 4, Jones 17, George 6.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Russell Co. (20-5) -- Turner 9, Robertson 36, Ellis 14, N. Coffey 18, Mann 7, Bertram 2, Britt 3.

Read more here: Latest high school boys' basketball scores | High school basketball | Kentucky.com

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I wonder if Quan Taylor didn't play, or just didn't score?

The Lakers pull the big upset at home tonight. By far the biggest win by a 4th Region team this year. It's a big reversal from earlier in the week when Russell County fell at home to Barren County. Big reversal from earlier this year when they were dropped by Pulaski County and Southwestern by double digits. And lastly, a reversal from last year when the Lakers lost by 16 to Madison Central.

Just for full disclosure, Russell was without Barton Mann, their starting 6'4 senior forward against Barren due to a ankle sprain.

You know back a few years ago when Estill County was looking for a head coach before they hired Bentley, I over heard an interesting rumor that was going around and that rumor was that Willie Feldhaus had applied for the job. Not sure if it has any truth to it but it was the rumor going around at the time. As for them being brothers, I never knew that, I had always wondered about it but didn't know for sure or not.