Bishop Brossart 51 Scott 41

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounded like the 'Stangs were pretty impressive in the 2nd half. Very nice victory! :thumb:

Brossart took the game over at the 5:30ish mark in the second quarter. Scott had an 8+ minute scoring drought. By the time they got back on the board they had dug too deep of a hole against a Brossart squad that gets quality possessions when leading.

Nice win for the Mustangs. It puts them in a position to win their district and if they do, they'll have an easy first round match-up. I think they're the only team that has a legitimate chance to knock of Montgomery because they can match their size. No their athleticism but certainly their size.

Nice win for the Mustangs. It puts them in a position to win their district and if they do, they'll have an easy first round match-up. I think they're the only team that has a legitimate chance to knock of Montgomery because they can match their size. No their athleticism but certainly their size.

Agree on everything. :thumb:

Not sure the exact scoring. The game wasn't as close as the final score.

Scott jumped up and dominated early. Looked really ugly from a Brossart point of view. Brossart was taking too many contested jumpers, and Scott didn't take a shot outside of three feet.

Then in the middle of the second, Brossart cut down on the baseline, and started stealing some backdoor passes. Scott didn't get an easy bucket past the middle of the second.

Trentman was outstanding. Played fantastic and completely took over the game at times. Saunders was Saunders.He has great body control around the rim. Not sure how many each had, probably about 15 or so each? Rieger had a big game. Great defense and had a couple big takes to the bucket. Uebel wasn't hitting his shots but played a great floor game and great defense. Burns got in foul trouble, but he still had a lot of big rebounds and stick backs. A big and one in the third. Jennings with two big buckets in the second when Brossart was struggling. Big man Teddy McDonald gave some good minutes.

While Trentman played great, and Saunders is a Top 5 player in the region, the way they played tonight is why they're a tough out. Just a great team. All the pieces. Mentally tough after going down eight early in the game, and they fought back. Very impressive.

For Scott, Jackson's tough. Hard worker, good leader. I may have missed it, but I didn't think I heard Felts name much of the night.

Scott's a very good team. I love how Carr coaches.

[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR=bgcolor: #F2F5F9]

[TD=colspan: 2]2/8/2013[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Bishop Brossart 51[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Scott 41[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Scott[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]12[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]6[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]10[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]13[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2] [/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]41[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Bishop Brossart[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]6[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]15[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]14[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]16[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2] [/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]51[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Scott (13-11) -- Pouncey 2, Clary 3, Jehn 8, Myers 2, J. Jackson 1, N. Jackson 17, Felts 2, Ohmar 2, Crim 2, Johnson 2.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Bishop Brossart (21-5) -- Uebel 2, Jennings 5, Rieger 7, Saunders 14, Trentman 14, MacDonald 2, Burns 7.

Read more here: Latest high school boys' basketball scores | High school basketball | Kentucky.com

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]