State championships

RCC9

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How bad did highlands beat cov cath that year. Ncc crushed them, score was closer than the actual game (cov cath). U say ryle played the game of their life, thats how the ncc beechwood game was. Beechwood played the game of their lives. In nky in 10 there were three dominant teams. Ncc, highlands and ryle. Only two of those won state. I would have like to have seen ncc and hhs play, could have been very interesting. Put it this way, i have knowledge that dale didnt want them in 10 or 11. He tried to pick em up in 12 thinking it was a down year for the breds. Im surprised hes not beating dan wagners door down to play next year knowing ncc has no qb and hayes is gone lol

Some of your posts suggests that you know something here except when you go off on this silly tangent.

Iam truly embarrassed for you...

[/b]

Some of your posts suggests that you know something here except when you go off on this silly tangent.

Iam truly embarrassed for you...

I have not seen any of his posts on this thread that suggests he knows something here. Thankfully, he is not representative of most NCC fans.

HHS beat cc 27-20. NCC beat them 38-30. Just like you played bad against Beechwood and you say Beechwood played the game of their life, I bet if you ask a Cov cath fan, they will say NCC played the game of their life and Cov Cath played like crap! My point, you can say anything you want that makes you feel better... two years later! Everyone has "their side of the story!"

Objectively, the NewCath CovCath game could have been much worse. NewCath outgained them by 200 yards. The Beechwood game was an eye opener. They came out flat and were down by 14 before they knew it. The Ryle game was a disaster. Hempl actually was allowed to throw the ball. They scored quickly, NewCath went for it on 4 th from Ryle's 40 and didn't get it. They had a phantom PI call that extended a drive and a controversial int that ended NewCaths next possession. 2010 was a toss up on NKY. NewCath had the horses to keep up w Highlands and Ryle. They certainly had the size. That being said, they don't touch Xavier or T. Mayfield would be a great game. Conceivably they are #5-6 that year.

So, back to the original premise: Which Non-Large Class champion could have been overall champion?

What about Pikeville in 1987? A lot of people spoke very highly of the squad and to be honest I only caught the last of their Class A title game when we were getting ready to broadcast the Danville-Mayfield matchup.

I go back to 1984 and would claim Danville has a great chance to be seen as the best that season. 13-0 and I think their defense gave up less than a TD per game all year. Offense had a good, young QB in Keith Morgan, great speed in Jimmy Baughman & Eric Alcorn, a bruising FB as well. They possessed a good line that was nice sized for the era and very, very strong.

I still put '97 Beechwood as the best in KY for that season.

They beat Highlands in a scrimmage (no official score, but they would have won). They held OSU bound Richard Hall to 76 yards and beat Wyoming. They beat Purcell Marion who won the GCL north (even played w/out their starting QB). Beat AAA champs CovCath. Crushed us and we beat the AA champs in the final regular season game. Their line averaged something like 250, their fullback was 240 and their RB was 210. They had a ton of speed on the edges. They had a game changer at DE and DT. They were awesome.

Objectively, the NewCath CovCath game could have been much worse. NewCath outgained them by 200 yards. The Beechwood game was an eye opener. They came out flat and were down by 14 before they knew it. The Ryle game was a disaster. Hempl actually was allowed to throw the ball. They scored quickly, NewCath went for it on 4 th from Ryle's 40 and didn't get it. They had a phantom PI call that extended a drive and a controversial int that ended NewCaths next possession. 2010 was a toss up on NKY. NewCath had the horses to keep up w Highlands and Ryle. They certainly had the size. That being said, they don't touch Xavier or T. Mayfield would be a great game. Conceivably they are #5-6 that year.

Ty mexi, that was my point. NKY was a toss up in 10. I'm not saying in any way that NCC beats trinity that year, I will say the same for Ryle and highlands not being close. The problem with highlands ppl is always the same. They all think their crap don't stink, well I got news for u, it does. I know we can't speak about certain things on on this site, but someone tell me the last school in NKY that had to forfeit games for playing an illegal player? Just to clear this up, I'm no NCC pusher. I happen to think with what I do, I have some direct knowledge on NKY football. I'm a Lloyd grad and my senior year we beat highlands and knocked them from the playoffs. They were the defending 3A champs, so suck it. I'm telling u HHS people this, as bad as it hurts to hear, NCC absolutely was good enough to beat that team in 10. Deal with it. Get off your high horses. What I said about dale is absolutely true about wanting and not wanting to play. He's no dummy. Why you think he keeps dodging trinity. Don't give me, we'll we scrimmaged them, lol. The same reason he played elder this past season. Was supposed to be a down year for them. You HHS fans need to start giving other programs some respect.

I'm guessing your another highlands grad, please tell me you were on that 90 HHS team, would make my day.

Nope, not a grad. I guess 1990 was your last glory? BTW, in 2010 NCC doesn't win a championship in ANY other class, including A where Mayfield would have beat them.

Nope, not a grad. I guess 1990 was your last glory? BTW, in 2010 NCC doesn't win a championship in ANY other class, including A where Mayfield would have beat them.

You would be surprised with my playing and coaching resume. Thats for a pm if you want to know. But yes, of all the games ive played and championships ive Lost or won, Knocking highlands from the playoffs in 1990 with a 17-7 win, absolutely ranks up there. That Lloyd team wins state in 2A and 1A that year. Man, regular season actually meant something back then. That's for another thread.....

Also, you are absolutely wrong about mayfield, sorry.

You would be surprised with my playing and coaching resume. Thats for a pm if you want to know. But yes, of all the games ive played and championships ive Lost or won, Knocking highlands from the playoffs in 1990 with a 17-7 win, absolutely ranks up there. That Lloyd team wins state in 2A and 1A that year. Man, regular season actually meant something back then. That's for another thread.....

Also, you are absolutely wrong about mayfield, sorry.

Go Jugs! So you beat HHS 23 years ago, huh? Then what? Did you win state? I know the answer. So maybe that was your problem...you set your goal too low. You were satisfied with beating HHS and you blew it after that game! You aren't the first and I'm sure not the last to beat HHS. But great job 23 years ago!!! Hearing more history kinda explains where some of this delusion is coming from! AND MY CRAP DOESN'T STINK! SO YOU'RE WRONG AGAIN!