Boone County 72 Conner 58

From the Ky Post:

Boone shot 66 percent from the field, pulling away late to upend Conner.

The Rebels, led by Brenden Stanley's 21 points, turned a slim lead into a 14-point advantage late by outscoring the Cougars, 28-18, in the fourth quarter.

Jesse Schulze scored 12 points and Brannen McDonald 11, while Brett Mayberry dished eight assists to help pace the Rebels.

Sam Hemmerich led the Conner effort with a game-high 23 points.

CONNER 8-17-15-18—58

at BOONE 14-14-16-28—72

CONNER (8-10): Ruholt 3 2 10, Watts 1 0 2, Padgett 0 4 4, Lamblez 3 6 12, Barker 3 0 7, Hemmerich 9 2 23. Totals 19 14 58.

BOONE COUNTY (12-10): Mayberry 1 4 6, Hixenbaugh 4 0 8, Ordu 4 0 8, Schulze 2 6 12, Warning 1 0 2, Stanley 7 7 21, Patton 1 2 4, McDonald 4 3 11. Totals 25 22 72.

3-pointers: C—Ruholt 2, Barker, Hemmerich 3.

Boone just plays some solid basketball. Nothing flashy. I didn't see them having a year like this. Congrats to them, coaches and players.

Looks like they are just one district game (a very winnable game vs Ryle) from making it back to the regional.

Agreed on all points re Coach McQ and staff. I expected Conner to win. The outcome of this game is bad news for Conner and Cooper. Bad news for Cooper because they now have a tougher and huge rivalry game in district. Bad news for Conner because their chances of missing a 5th straight region tourney are pretty good. Congrats to Boone on the win!

Agreed on all points re Coach McQ and staff. I expected Conner to win. The outcome of this game is bad news for Conner and Cooper. Bad news for Cooper because they now have a tougher and huge rivalry game in district. Bad news for Conner because their chances of missing a 5th straight region tourney are pretty good. Congrats to Boone on the win!

I didn't get a chance to look at the seedings. Who will Cooper face in the first round?

Conner

Thanks

I don't care what anyone says, these two schools in a very short time are really creating a great rivalry. Not just in 1 sport, but in Football, Basketball and Baseball. It's getting to the point where anytime any of the teams face eachother people just go because of the teams playing. Getting to be pretty fun if you ask me.